What's new

Defence Minister Antony says Arjun Mk II will cost Rs 37 crore per tank

Abrahams fully loaded costs $15m each.

Latest T90 are in the $5m range

AS FOR ARJUN the price will come down once india orders 3rd batch and operational nos reach 500+

i love the tank
arjunmbtb.jpg

Abrahams fully loaded costs $15m each.

Latest T90 are in the $5m range

AS FOR ARJUN the price will come down once india orders 3rd batch and operational nos reach 500+

i love the tank
arjunmbtb.jpg

Look at our beast (5th from left)

exercise-sudarshan-shakti-photo-1323226382.html

sudarshan-shakti-071211-04_025254.jpg

first third and fourth is APC, second in T90 , 5th and 6th form left is Arjuna...

I say go with it and buy the tank, at least the money will be used inside the country rather than going to other countries. Plus it will be a good boost to the local industry.

I say go with it and buy the tank, at least the money will be used inside the country rather than going to other countries. Plus it will be a good boost to the local industry.

Brother We all want the same, But there are few moles in Army who work on commission. And moreover Kongress dog, they spoiled Indian defense Industry.

Arjuna would have operational in Indian Army if These corruopt criminals have not sabotaged Arjuna Engine, It was found when DRDO did this. (During last trial, which was successful)

"DRDO later installed an instrument to function as a black box in the Arjun, following attempts to "sabotage" its engine."

I love this guy (A K Antony), He is white sheep among black. He has promoted many Indian local products. Tejas, LCH, Arjuna and many more. He fought against corrupt practices and helping India develop. Sometime I worried bout his life. It may happen that Kongressi will kill him one day...

The best thing for the tank and the industry is to rope in the private sector and let them make some of the tanks, we already have a good industry, why not start using it. The government should take the head out of its A$$ and start to take thing seriously. The cost over run can be controlled, if the private sector is involved it will cut down the production cost rather than relying solely on the government factories where delays and cost are a headache.

The best thing for the tank and the industry is to rope in the private sector and let them make some of the tanks, we already have a good industry, why not start using it. The government should take the head out of its A$$ and start to take thing seriously. The cost over run can be controlled, if the private sector is involved it will cut down the production cost rather than relying solely on the government factories where delays and cost are a headache.

FYKI, This is what happen. We call them local vendors. If you read recent Ajay shukla blog he has mentioned how delay in Arjuna order is affecting local vendors.

Production and design is left to govt organisation. I disagree with you as private sector is more prone to espionage. And there are few country who look to steal designs and copy them.

T-90M/S Russian made costs Rs 11crore and Indian assembled with improvements costs Rs 19crore and this Arjun 37 crore. Israeli's be chona laga rahy hain. :lol:

FYKI, This is what happen. We call them local vendors. If you read recent Ajay shukla blog he has mentioned how delay in Arjuna order is affecting local vendors.

Production and design is left to govt organisation. I disagree with you as private sector is more prone to espionage. And there are few country who look to steal designs and copy them.

Ok maybe not the whole tank but parts can be made there and give the important parts(technological) to the government companies but the building of the tank body can be done in private sector since there is nothing to steal from the body.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

T-90M/S Russian made costs Rs 11crore and Indian assembled with improvements costs Rs 19crore and this Arjun 37 crore. Israeli's be chona laga rahy hain. :lol:

Not really Israel's fault the tank didn't have that many orders yet, if the MK1 had better order than the MK2 might have had a lower cost.

isn't it expensive?
may be its fully loaded.
Yeah! Fully loaded with power windows, 8 channel surround sound THX, ABS, leather seats, cruise control, central locking, auto transmission, and a sun roof to boot! :lol:

But seriously, the Arjun Mk II at $8 costs more than the American M1A2 Abrams which costs $6.5 million ( 2010) a piece! And the German Leopard 2A6, considered to be one of the best in the world costs just $6 million a unit!

Looks like the Arjun has some expensive top secret alien technology that we aren't aware of!!
thinking-002.gif
lol-060.gif

Yeah! With power windows, 8 channel surround sound THX, ABS, leather seats, cruise control, central locking, auto transmission, and a sun roof to boot! :lol:

But seriously, the Arjun Mk II at $8 costs more than the American M1A2 Abrams which costs $6.5 million ( 2010) a piece! And the German Leopard 2A6, considered to be one of the best in the world costs just $6 million a unit!

Looks like the Arjun has some expensive top secret alien technology that we aren't aware of!!
thinking-002.gif
lol-060.gif

Don't forget Auto repair, in case it gets hit, it can transform into a boat and can be used as a midget submarine :D

Order 1000 tanks, the price will go down to 2 million.

Order 2000 tanks, the price will go down to 1 million.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom