What's new

Def. minister Ch. Mukhtar A stopped on ISL. Airport. Not allowed to leave country

The reason I am concerned is I that am afraid when the next time one of these will try to escape out of country no body will stop him.

...and please note, by this I do not mean that Choudhry Mukhtar was trying to escape out of Pakistan.

Chaudary Mukhtar's name was not on the ECL and this is why PM suspended the people involved:

NAB apologises to defence minister for airport incident

ISLAMABAD: Chairman National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Naveed Ahsan Friday telephoned Defence Minister Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar and apologised over the embarrassment caused to the minister.

In a press release, NAB also clarified that the name of Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar was not included in the Exit Control List (ECL) of 53 persons.

full report here:

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | NAB apologises to defence minister for airport incident

I still say that we all need to calm dow. If we want GoP to perform then we also need to give some breathing room to the govt.

Nawaz Sharif doesn't have any corruption cases. He belongs to an Industrial family, even before the partition his father was pretty rich, and nawaz Sharif has vast majority of his money and investments in the country. He and His industries PAY the taxes.

This is coming from my uncle who was a commissioner from the Customs and Excise Dept.

Are you suggesting that politicians who have usurped millions and have criminal cases should be exempt from the law??

Yawn** Mian Engine Chor **Yawn
:disagree:

his name wasnt on the ECL and was stopped without any reason. PM took a right step as officials should have been more careful.

if his name wasnt on the ECL then i agree with this decision but if it was then i dont get it.
and accordin to the news, it wasnt

if his name wasnt on the ECL then i agree with this decision but if it was then i dont get it.
and accordin to the news, it wasnt
It was then, Pakistani antar mantar happened and then it wasn't :)

The PM would have to grow a back and finally stand up to these cases. Farhutullah Babar has said no one would resign. The PM should force temporary resignations since it makes no sense if say the interior ministry would be prosecuting a case against the interior minister.

Yes the JUDGE may be "fiercely independent" as Farhatullah Babar said, but the guy fighting the case on behalf of the state has to be independent too. I expect the Media to cry bloody foul (and rightly so) at this decision. Its a good thing the SC has ordered a change in the attorney general. But the new guy would also be on PPP's pay check.

I fear if we don't raise enough alarms right now, the dissolution of the NRO may end up being a good thing and everyone would get off scott free... For GOOD!

I fear if we don't raise enough alarms right now, the dissolution of the NRO may end up being a good thing and everyone would get off scott free... For GOOD!

Quite frankly, nothing will happen anyways.

No matter how corrupt our politicians & Bureaucrats are, they all like to have a balance. At this pioint there is no balance, PPPP, MQM and others are all with cases. On the other hand, Nawaz Sharif and family and PML-N, JI and PML-Q are without any charges.

This is not justice but witch hunt. In order to achieve some justice, corruption of everyone needs to be examined at the orders of the SCoP.

Quite frankly, nothing will happen anyways.

No matter how corrupt our politicians & Bureaucrats are, they all like to have a balance. At this pioint there is no balance, PPPP, MQM and others are all with cases. On the other hand, Nawaz Sharif and family and PML-N, JI and PML-Q are without any charges.

This is not justice but witch hunt. In order to achieve some justice, corruption of everyone needs to be examined at the orders of the SCoP.

All the cases were made by NAB during previous government so PML- Q was with them so no cases for them and as PML-N is concern they are not that corrupt as PPPP and MQM are (but I am not saying they aren't). NAB couldn't find much against PML-N even so the previous government was against them.

All the cases were made by NAB during previous government so PML- Q was with them so no cases for them and as PML-N is concern they are not that corrupt as PPPP and MQM are (but I am not saying they aren't). NAB couldn't find much against PML-N even so the previous government was against them.

Because PML-N had a 10 yr exile deal, besides there is the case of Hudaibia Paper Mill from 2002.

NAB has been functioning since mid 90s so there should be some cases.

If tehre are none then take Suo Motto and find out the wealth behind Itefaq Group.

Because PML-N had a 10 yr exile deal, besides there is the case of Hudaibia Paper Mill from 2002.

NAB has been functioning since mid 90s so there should be some cases.

If tehre are none then take Suo Motto and find out the wealth behind Itefaq Group.
I particularly don't feel sorry for PPP or MQM just because PML-N and PML-Q have been currently left out. Nawaz's turn won't come until he comes into the limelight.

I particularly don't feel sorry for PPP or MQM just because PML-N and PML-Q have been currently left out. Nawaz's turn won't come until he comes into the limelight.

I don't feel sorry but I don't think that justice should party or person specific.

As a deal PML-N cases did not got investigated, NS has many cases with NAB, which got stopped at the inquiry level, if it had been left to be investigated he would have been in trouble too. PPP & PML-N are the worst in corruption.

NRO main deal was that all those cases which from mid 80s, to 12 Oct,1999 based on political victimization or such stuff would get ejected, corruption wasn't specifically pointed out, it was made into any type of case, which MQM also used to get their criminal cases ejected.

Cases after 12 Oct,1999 did not got touched and if pending cases against NS and gang get opened he will be in real trouble, but being a coalition partner, difficult they will open it for the time being, that was the same issue which Ex-Gen & Ex-NAB Chairman Shahid Aziz came up, that NS cases were ordered to be closed without investigated.

All Deals.

As a deal PML-N cases did not got investigated, NS has many cases with NAB, which got stopped at the inquiry level, if it had been left to be investigated he would have been in trouble too. PPP & PML-N are the worst in corruption.

NRO main deal was that all those cases which from mid 80s, to 12 Oct,1999 based on political victimization or such stuff would get ejected, corruption wasn't specifically pointed out, it was made into any type of case, which MQM also used to get their criminal cases ejected.

Cases after 12 Oct,1999 did not got touched and if pending cases against NS and gang get opened he will be in real trouble, but being a coalition partner, difficult they will open it for the time being, that was the same issue which Ex-Gen & Ex-NAB Chairman Shahid Aziz came up, that NS cases were ordered to be closed without investigated.

All Deals.

Saudi backing , which PPP doesn't enjoy

Back
Top Bottom