What's new

New Biography Suggests Gandhi May Not Have Been Such a Nice Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question i have is wouldn't UK have released India anyways after WW2, I mean I thought the reason they did it was because they couldn't maintain colonies no more especially one the size of India.

So what did he do really...

The second world war weakened Britain so much that it had to let go of the subcontinent.

Gandhi did not do much really to free it from British rule.

The question i have is wouldn't UK have released India anyways after WW2, I mean I thought the reason they did it was because they couldn't maintain colonies no more especially one the size of India.

So what did he do really...

Gandhi was a leader, millions followed him and united entire India in one Indian nationalism, his non-violent Gandhian ideology inspired many writers of his time. Colonialist minded Winston Churchill had a deep hatred for Gandhi.

British weren't leaving India Congress organized the famous Quit India Movement in 1942, it was the bankruptcy of world war that British fled from India within 3 months of the announcement of partition on 3rd June 1947.

Quit India Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No! and not only you niece, you should have similar feelings towards any other girl who is under-aged......do you want me to elaborate...

I am just asking as it has been stated that Mr Gandhi has been sleeping with his niece naked, wether anything occurred or not is a different matter.

Goddamn @$$holes. Especially the west doesn't understand that the roots of where all this comes from. Gandhi drew most of his inspiration from the sadhus of aincient times who conquered and bcame gods themselves by fasting, prayer, tapasya and brahmacharya. Fact is that every time he faced a challenge he thought he could overcome this by great discipline. Especially towards the end the challenges became greater ad greater as India inched closer to independence and during that phase this idea began to manifest itself in increasing 'exerises' to make himself 'better' to face them. Sleeping close to a naked girl while not getting aroused was the ultimate indication of being 'fit' to lead people. I don't subscribe to this but then my accomplishments also aren't anywhere close to his, who am I to question?

Goddamn @$$holes. Especially the west doesn't understand that the roots of where all this comes from. Gandhi drew most of his inspiration from the sadhus of aincient times who conquered and bcame gods themselves by fasting, prayer, tapasya and brahmacharya. Fact is that every time he faced a challenge he thought he could overcome this by great discipline. Especially towards the end the challenges became greater ad greater as India inched closer to independence and during that phase this idea began to manifest itself in increasing 'exerises' to make himself 'better' to face them. Sleeping close to a naked girl while not getting aroused was the ultimate indication of being 'fit' to lead people. I don't subscribe to this but then my accomplishments also aren't anywhere close to his, who am I to question?
my lord, since you said Sri Lankans have to do everything with the permission of Indians, before i comment i ask my permission from you. may i have permission to leave my presence as a comment here? apologizes my lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom