What's new

David Cameron: Britain Will Never Surrender The Falkland Islands

Britain cannot defend Falkland islands? totally absurd,RAF has already deployed its Tyhpoon F2 over there and a nuclear submarine maybe deployed over there soon.

Britain is no longer an empire,but it's still far far stronger than weakass argentine.
It's not just that. As a South American who visited both told me: Argentina is a beautiful country with a fair climate. The Falklands are stony islands with a miserable climate. So the Falklands are a place for the Brits; no self-respecting Argentine would ever want to settle there!

It's amazing how the position of Argentina is what matters. I read up Falkland Islands and about 60% are local Islanders. If they don't want to be a part of Argentina then shouldn't they be left as they are right now!!

That has already been explained. Read it again.

As for your argument of these Indian regions all the people in these princely states of Goa, Hyderabad and Junagadh wanted India to take it over and free them of their rulers.

That is just absurd and preposterous, bordering hilarious. I'll consider this an honest and innocent mistake. Id suggest you to read up more. I've actually been taught by Ambassador Azmat Hassan (a very good friend of the then Deccan Raja's son). The Raja's son had very different views. Read quite a few letters of the Raja too. Things are a lot different than how they are presented to be. Also, matters regarding all these states are very well documented. All one needs to do is read.

That has already been explained. Read it again.

You mean geography. That's a lame argument. Then let's put a hypothetical situation where India claims Sri Lanka because it's just off the coast of India, and there were some empires who ruled over the island before the British and the local kingdoms there. In fact Sri Lanka has a language thats derived from Sanskrit, the people are similar to Indians and they follow an Indian religion. Will u support it?

And what about South China Sea. Are u ready to defy your big ally's claim then because Spratly islands is closer to the Philippines and Vietnam.
In fact Pakistan's position is that the Falkland islands belong to UK.

.....I've actually been taught by Ambassador Azmat Hassan (a very good friend of the then Deccan Raja's son). The Raja's son had very different views. Read quite a few letters of the Raja too. Things are a lot different than how they are presented to be. Also, matters regarding all these states are very well documented. All one needs to do is read.
Well the ambassadors' and the Nizam's son words doesn't matter..its as good as garbage. My point in making these were to say that it's the people of the region that matters.

thanks for being loyal to your British masters even after 65 years-
look whos talking of being loyal to master?.someone kills your people in front of you in your territory do still are loyal to your master of 65 years. good going.

If another Falklands war occurs UK is on their own however they have necessary tools to defend themselves, you can expect no NATO help if another occurs.

If another Falklands war occurs UK is on their own however they have necessary tools to defend themselves, you can expect no NATO help if another occurs.
I do not think we would be able to retake the islands if they were taken (bearing in mind that is much harder now).
I see no reason why we wouldn't be able to bomb the Argentine mainland if we were attacked.
The French may help us as we support them on similar claims for disputed islands.

I do not think we would be able to retake the islands if they were taken (bearing in mind that is much harder now).
I see no reason why we wouldn't be able to bomb the Argentine mainland if we were attacked.
The French may help us as we support them on similar claims for disputed islands.

I think you are delussional - Sarkozy would tell Cameron to go forth and multiply after the support Cameron has given the Eurozone. Realistically the UK would be alone and to attack the mainland would be a counter productive. The best and most logical way forward is to negotiate peacefully and bring the 400 citizens + the sheep back home.

I think you are delussional - Sarkozy would tell Cameron to go forth and multiply after the support Cameron has given the Eurozone. Realistically the UK would be alone and to attack the mainland would be a counter productive. The best and most logical way forward is to negotiate peacefully and bring the 400 citizens + the sheep back home.
I said MAY help us. They did last time. Would it be counter productive? They'd think twice about attacking if they had a couple of subs lurking around.
Theres over 3000 people there, it's their home.
Again would someone please give an argument as to why they should have the islands over the UK.

I would support Argentina's standpoint.

UK has no valid claims over South Atlantic lands that aren't even remotely close to their mainland

an end to UK's (as i see it) illegitimate claims over the island would be a victory for all countries that have been subjected to britisher colonialist hegemony -it wouldnt just be a victory for Argentina

South America will close off all ports to the UK however you will likely get help from the french South American country.

I said MAY help us. They did last time. Would it be counter productive? They'd think twice about attacking if they had a couple of subs lurking around.
Theres over 3000 people there, it's their home.
Again would someone please give an argument as to why they should have the islands over the UK.

well your govt didnt care about honk kong did they. Is that cos the people in honk kong werent white? or was it cos china would have kicked your butt back to blighty??

i'll go a step further and say that the "Commonwealth" should be disbanded

Pakistan's membership in the commonwealth brings me great pains and much shame (for the record i haven't anything against contemporary british people)

with the cutbacks uk has had to make on her armed forces I doubt they could push for it esp with current deployments

Back
Top Bottom