What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1 news but cant find it anywhere. sorry if posted earlier

HAL Carries-out Maiden flight of LCA –Tejas Series Production

LCA-Maiden-Flight-Oct14.jpg

Bangalore, October 01, 2014:

First of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas built to series production standard successfully completed its maiden flight, piloted by Air CmdeK.A. Muthana, (Retd) Chief Test Flying, HAL here yesterday evening. “This could be achieved within nine months after receiving the IOC certification in December 2013 and within one year after receiving the build standard documents”, said Dr. R.K. Tyagi, Chairman, HAL. “The aircraft is now ready for IAF operations”, he added. Dr.Tyagi also congratulated HAL engineers, technicians and other staff involved in this project. The other series aircraft are in various stages of “build” in the fully equipped production line at HAL factory at Bangalore.

The Contract for delivery of aircraft was signed in 2006 for first 20 LCA Tejas aircraft in IOC configuration. The build standard documents for IOC aircraft were finalised in September 2013 and Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) was accorded in December 2013.

HAL faced many technological challenges in the making of LCA that included sanctions on import of carbon fibre, establishing the entire tooling and manufacturing capability by in-house design of tooling and test equipments and incorporation of world class manufacturing standards. Inspection devices such as laser trackers tolerancing to the tune of 0.08 mm for inter changeability features and 0.2 mm for contours were used to achieve these standards.

Thalès picture about Talios pod. Interstin features like laser 3D imagery etc.
Pilot will be able to read images and superimpose them to maps while the po will keep acquiring.
Capability to detect human movements
AND long range identification and tracking of planes.

Twelve AASM bombs to destroy "a complex Daech

284753690.jpg

Here is the statement from the EMA on the raid against two Rafale "complex Daech for both manufacturing plant bombs and center of recruitment, training and terrorist training"

On the evening of October 23, 2014, the force Shamal participated in an air raid by coalition against a complex logistics Daech south of Mosul, in the Kirkuk area. The information collected by the coalition since the beginning of the operation helped to plan a bombing mission against a strategic site of the terrorist organization Al Hawijah area, 250 km north of Baghdad.
At about 20:30 pm (Paris), a patrol Rafale, each armed with six AASM bombs (1) and equipped with Damocles pod, issued twelve AASM (modular air-to-ground weapons) on the lens. This air raid which involved our allies helped to destroy a complex Daech for both manufacturing plant bombs and center of recruitment, education and training terrorists. This was complemented by simultaneous strikes our allies on two other strategic sites Daech, carrying a heavy blow to their logistics.
Google Translate

so First use of AASM in iraq

I am quite interested in AASM(Hammer) at first I thought it was a very expensive version of the JDAM, but it's true value is for SEADs is undeniable compared to the AGM-130 it's 1/4th the cost with about the same range

it's also lighter so you can carry more and less chance of collateral damage.

Great job man, would love to see an english version posted here or even published in the media! :tup:

Besides that, what's the reaction from Dassault about the details of the Gripen deal in Brazil now? Around $145 millions each was even the estimated price for Rafale there and if I remember correctly, Dassault offered that more Rafales of the 36 order would be build fully in Brazil than the 15 Gripen now, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I am quite interested in AASM(Hammer) at first I thought it was a very expensive version of the JDAM, but it's true value is for SEADs is undeniable compared to the AGM-130 it's 1/4th the cost with about the same range

it's also lighter so you can carry more and less chance of collateral damage.

True, but Sagem / MBDA sadly missed it's potential and upgraded it the wrong way. The advantages in SEAD and higher weapon loads are gone even today, with the arrival of SDB and coming counterparts like SPICE 250 and SPEAR 3. All of them offer more range, more load and partially even more capabilities, at lower costs.

Last edited:
The Rafale F3.4 + experienced in Istres

Title F3.4 +, this new standard Rafale, being developed by the industry under the responsibility of the Directorate General of Armaments (DGA), is part of the continuous improvement of the weapon system. It takes into account the feedback from the business and the continued strengthening of the flight safety. Experts and EIEV EHIC form the core of the first users and accompany the deployment of the new system. "For two weeks we conducted a flight test campaign, said Captain Matthew Rigg, commander of the antenna brand team Rafale EIEV. The device will then be deployed in final testing phase in Mont -of-Marsan before operational implementation. "

rafale_article_pleine_colonne.jpg

The F3.4 + version includes many software developments, for example, improving the capture and conversion of geographical coordinates standard NATO (MGRS format) which will be a very significant time savings for crews. In the area of security, a new reticle "attitude" will allow pilots to better understand delusions and warned of an unusual position. In addition, taking off, an alarm will not exceed the maximum acceptable power by the brakes of the aircraft, which is a valuable aid in the management of interruption at takeoff. Finally, "in the field of tracking field, F3.4 + offers a new real-time control for transitions between radar mode and digital file," says Commander Rigg.

Throughout the assessment, representing a twenty-hour flight, the pilots of the EHIC EIEV and have attempted to define the boundaries of employment areas of the system before writing the instructions for use operational. The new standard F3.4 + Rafale should be deployed in early 2015 forces.

Google Translate

SDB and SPEAR have lighter explosive charge. They should better be compared to AASM 125. Remember Sancho, AASM is evolving towards a GPS/INS/IR/laser version. and it can be shot to any direction (which is not true for gliding bombs).
Thx Dr and Sancho, read your comments. Generally speaking, we are reaching around 100 000 views per month so we will very soon build a site instead of a siimle blog. I would be grateful if you could browse the blog and tell me if it deserves an international version (not only the EFT article), because it is qui a lot of work (translations).
Fundamentally the question is ; if most relevant articles were translated in english, would you regularly go to see our site?

Thank you for your help!

PS for Typhoon article i received tons of help from Scorpion.

Last edited:
SDB and SPEAR have lighter explosive charge. They should better be compared to AASM 125. Remember Sancho, AASM is evolving towards a GPS/INS/IR/laser version. and it can be shot to any direction (which is not true for gliding bombs).

But still will be used in the same CAS or SEAD roles, the lighter warhead doesn't change that, infact even Sagem / MBDA aims on improved capabilities of the AASM 125 in these roles, compared to the AAS250. However, compared to the SDB and Co class, it simply falls short in performance, since it's the same AASM kit with just a lighter warhead, while SDB and Co are newly designed for improved capability and not simple upgrades of JDAM or SPICE 2000/1000.
AASM improvements are only aimed on the seeker and that's the crucial point, since it doesn't add to range or more load capability. A Mirage 2000s with full MICA load, will still be able to carry 2 x AASM 250 or 125, while it also should be able to carry an SDB / SPICE 250 quad pack.
True, AASM has the advantage of the propulsion, but firstly SPEAR 3 comes with the same capabilty + wings (SPICE 250 might add it later, reportedly if customer demands it), secondly, the propulsion is also a burden since it adds far more costs than a wing kit and since most strikes today are done at high altitudes, a cost-effective wingkit would had been far better as an upgrade for AASM 125, while the propulsion kit could had been remained optional, which it is anyway.

Thx Dr and Sancho, read your comments. Generally speaking, we are reaching around 100 000 views per month so we will very soon build a site instead of a siimle blog. I would be grateful if you could browse the blog and tell me if it deserves an international version (not only the EFT article), because it is qui a lot of work (translations).
Fundamentally the question is ; if most relevant articles were translated in english, would you regularly go to see our site?

Thank you for your help!

PS for Typhoon article i received tons of help from Scorpion.

I have bookmarked the blog some times ago and am visiting it every now and then, not only because of Rafale or in this case EF, but since I am generally interested about European developments too and I surely will continue with it. But I don't like using the google translator all the time, which is why an international version would be highly appreciated!

P.S. Maybe you get Scorpion to join you on articles about EF, which would be great, once because he has good knowledge of the fighter and I think of German Luftwaffe. Secondly, because it would broaden the scope of the blog / site, by not being French / Dassault / Rafale specific.

Snecma settled permanently in India for its military reactors

The French engine manufacturer Snecma (Safran group) has partnered with the maintenance company Max AeroSpace & Aviation India Pvt. Ltd. to create a joint venture dedicated to the MRO of military engines.

Max called Aero Engines Private Limited (MAEPL), this new structure will include full support for M53-P2 engines that propel the Mirage 2000H and 2000th "Vajra" of the Indian Air Force (IAF). After modernization 'extends until 2021, the Indian Mirage 2000 should remain in service beyond the year 2030.

Reactors produced by Snecma are present and maintained in India for over 60 years with the operator of Toofani (Indian version of the Hurricane), Mystère IV A, then Shamsher (Indian version of Jaguar SEPECAT).

This tradition could soon be extended to Snecma M88 engines that powers the multi-role fighter Rafale of Dassault Aviation. The French manufacturer had indeed won the tender MMRCA contract in January 2012 and its conclusion is expected shortly. The IAF should acquire 126 Rafale M88 or 252 reactors (excluding spare engines).

Google Übersetzer

The Rafale F3.4 + experienced in Istres

Title F3.4 +, this new standard Rafale, being developed by the industry under the responsibility of the Directorate General of Armaments (DGA), is part of the continuous improvement of the weapon system. It takes into account the feedback from the business and the continued strengthening of the flight safety. Experts and EIEV EHIC form the core of the first users and accompany the deployment of the new system. "For two weeks we conducted a flight test campaign, said Captain Matthew Rigg, commander of the antenna brand team Rafale EIEV. The device will then be deployed in final testing phase in Mont -of-Marsan before operational implementation. "

rafale_article_pleine_colonne.jpg

The F3.4 + version includes many software developments, for example, improving the capture and conversion of geographical coordinates standard NATO (MGRS format) which will be a very significant time savings for crews. In the area of security, a new reticle "attitude" will allow pilots to better understand delusions and warned of an unusual position. In addition, taking off, an alarm will not exceed the maximum acceptable power by the brakes of the aircraft, which is a valuable aid in the management of interruption at takeoff. Finally, "in the field of tracking field, F3.4 + offers a new real-time control for transitions between radar mode and digital file," says Commander Rigg.

Throughout the assessment, representing a twenty-hour flight, the pilots of the EHIC EIEV and have attempted to define the boundaries of employment areas of the system before writing the instructions for use operational. The new standard F3.4 + Rafale should be deployed in early 2015 forces.

Google Translate

doctor saheb, we will be seeing any of these ? our delivery times will match. they can. won't be so difficult. what we make is another story..

I think you will see the next stadard, aka F3-R.

@sancho i joined Scorpion, and even thanked him in the first article ;).
Very soon we are going to switch from a blog to a real website, and we will make an international version. All articles won't be translated, but most important will.

Ty

PS : Dunno where to post it, but today a mate from my former unit died in combat in MAli (SGC Thomas Dupuy, CPA10)

10344332_841406992570266_1736473184233274091_o.jpg

Rest in peace my friend

I think you will see the next stadard, aka F3-R.

@sancho i joined Scorpion, and even thanked him in the first article ;).
Very soon we are going to switch from a blog to a real website, and we will make an international version. All articles won't be translated, but most important will.

Ty

PS : Dunno where to post it, but today a mate from my former unit died in combat in MAli (SGC Thomas Dupuy, CPA10)

10344332_841406992570266_1736473184233274091_o.jpg

Rest in peace my friend

hey...sorry for your loss too...what else can i say !

F3R is ahead of F3.4+ ? could i bother you with the differences ? i'm not aware of the F3R config. thanks ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom