What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then at least choose the Gripen, which is an outsider too, but at least with some chances to be shortlisted. :D

GRIPEN is my 3rd choice..

1- F-16
2. Mig-35
3.Gripen

Guys the best choice is Superhornet. We all know it is going to be shortlisted and has a tremedous chance of winning. Rafale fanboys bet ur butt out of here because no country wants rafale. NOt brazil and most likely not India. Eurofighter..the most expensive piece of sh!t i have ever seen. By 2015 UK will retire (throw away) its tranche 1 aircrafts ( that is billions od dollars wasted). Dont get me wrong it is a good plane, but mmrca deal is likely to exceed 126 and just 126 EF is worth more than the whole contract. F-16 would be a great aircraft i wouldnt mind if it gets picked. Who the fk cares if Pak operates it? But the real disadvantage is that if it coming to the end of its life cycle =(. Gripen and mig-35 are not going to be shortlisted most likely.

if mmrca has to go to a twin engine then why not just buy more MKIs ?
evenif weightwise MKI belongs to a different catagory but then even amonge the 6 MMRCA contenders likes of Gripen and F-18 belongs to two different catagories...then why not just MKI , it will reduce the dogestic , traning and infrastructure expenses..

actually it not clear what IAF looking for which the MKI don't offer...???

to my understanding IAF was initially looking for a low operating cost aircraft , nost probably a single engine gripen or mirage but with the dely in mmrca and the induction of LCA this argument has faded away....so , presently what's the need of a new platform other then MKI and LCA..?

i think mod will order 160 GRIPEN and 40 rafale fighters.

if mmrca has to go to a twin engine then why not just buy more MKIs ?
evenif weightwise MKI belongs to a different catagory but then even amonge the 6 MMRCA contenders likes of Gripen and F-18 belongs to two different catagories...then why not just MKI , it will reduce the dogestic , traning and infrastructure expenses..

actually it not clear what IAF looking for which the MKI don't offer...???

to my understanding IAF was initially looking for a low operating cost aircraft , nost probably a single engine gripen or mirage but with the dely in mmrca and the induction of LCA this argument has faded away....so , presently what's the need of a new platform other then MKI and LCA..?

I think that explains why MKI is out of question, especially when we go for another 250 heavy class FGFA anyway.

In regard to IAF needs, they initially wanted a cost-effective multi role fighter that would be easy to induct, but with the change to M - MRCA, some requirements had to be added. Medium weight class, AESA radar, specifically A2G weaponary (PGMs and stand off weapons), which was the reason for dedicated trials and according to the Tellis report, was directly mentioned in the RFP. Not to mention what the Air Chief said about the importance of life cycle costs, over 40 years of service.
Another point of the Tellis analysis was, that IAF tends to fighter with good aerodynamic performance and according to the chhindits.blogspot, the RFP has specific requirements on TWR and G loads.

For MoD and IN, it could be important to have a capable carrier version, for commonality reasons and to reduce the costs by increase the numbers.

So we know pretty much what IAF is looking for, but that isn't the important point anymore, because M - MRCA has been increased to a competition with more in mind than just a fighter replacement!
Transfer of technology and offsets are an important point to improve the indigenous industry, strategic and political advantages are also more than important for a emerging country like India. Which means besides IAF operational / technical requirements, there are big side requirements in this competition as well.

One only has to think about all the JV, co-developments, or new subsidiaries of foreign companies, that was buil up in India now, only for the reason to fulfill the offset requirements of MMRCA, in case they win it. That would never happend in such a quantity, without such a big competition and makes clear what immense effect MMRCA has.

my Guess MMRCA will be mostly single engine ... considering the number of twin engine coming into IAF inventory by end of this decade... after all MMRCA is for complementing MKI... so welcome Griphen....

GRIPEN is my 3rd choice..

1- F-16
2. Mig-35
3.Gripen

These are the aircrafts i'd definitely love to ignore, here goes my list
1. Rafale
2. F-18sh
3. EFT
4. Mig-35
5. Gripen
6. F-16IN

my Guess MMRCA will be mostly single engine ... considering the number of twin engine coming into IAF inventory by end of this decade... after all MMRCA is for complementing MKI... so welcome Griphen....

why even gripen , when LCA already around ?

Britain offers Indian Navy Eurofighters while our own carriers
go without

Advanced Typhoon jet fighters turned down by Britain’s defence chiefs to save money are being offered to the INDIAN navy.

It means a foreign country which receives £280million a year of UK aid could end up with a better seaborne air force.

The MoD rejected a new state-of-the art maritime version of the Typhoon by British arms manufacturer BAE Systems.

So last month BAE tried to secure sales by showing off a mock-up of the plane at the Aero India show in Bangalore.

The firm even painted Indian military insignia on the wings and showed simulated film of it landing on an Indian carrier.

Defence minister Lord Astor said: “A navalised Typhoon was rejected on grounds of cost, capability and technical challenge.” BAE said: “We told India we could make them a naval version of the Typhoon.”

The move has raised concerns and former defence minister Lord Moonie is calling for a rethink in London.

He said: “The interest being shown by the Indian navy and the exploratory work done by BAE Systems means conditions are now right to see if Typhoon could meet our needs more quickly and cheaply.”

Britain had opted for the US F35 Joint Strike Fighter but there will not be enough of them ready until 2020.

And last year’s strategic defence review scrapped Harriers, which could have filled the gap in the meantime.

The MoD ordered 232 Typhoons and a few have entered into service with the RAF. Lord Moonie said some of the 232 aircraft could now be converted for the Navy.

Shadow defence minister Kevan Jones added: “It would be ironic if India had carrier-based aircraft but we did not.”

The Government last week said UK aid to India of £280million would continue.(Bloody scoundrels who asked you to give aid money even GOI asked you to stop your bakshis last year but you the one who wanted to continue )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom