What's new

Dalits hand cut for drinking water from "high caste" pitcher

You cannot take an isolated occurence like this as this is what happens in India everyday.

There are extremist in every society and we should all condemn such acts.

But this isolated event should not be used to put down India as a country or the Indian society.

It would be different if Indians condoned such an act. Nobody is justifying this heinous crime in India.

Well said buddy reservation was started for a noble reason but now it has turned political . I have seen a lot of students being angry on this issue and in not too distint future it will take a harsh turn .:taz:

I don't want to believe in caste, but how could I when in almost all forms ,whether its govt or private, my religion and caste is asked and I am judged based on that.

I think such questions about one's caste and religion should be declared unconstitutional. A person's religion and his caste should not be any of government's business.

Caste system is a perfect proof of hypocrisy by the so called guardians of democracy in India. On one hand we have this struggle & awareness going on to eradicate this menace to society, & on the other hand opertunistic political parties are trying to keep this age old stigma still going, to serve their personal & political interest. Rulers in india will never let this evil go away.. self awareness is the only way. In india, people's dynamism wrestles with state's dysfunction.. & this is another fight which people have to fight on their own.

This is from 3 weeks ago.

This if from Jan 7, 2011.

These savages are disgusting and Truly despicable. This is not acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dalits hand cut for drinking water from "high caste" pitcher

http://news.webindia123.com/news/Art...6/1929111.html

A farmer cut the arm of a Dalit labourer who drank water from his pitcher in a village in this district, reports received here said today. Rajesh alias Raju, a Dalit labourer of Sanyana village, was going for daily wage work in Daulatpur village near here yesterday. On the way, he drank water from the pitcher of 'high-caste' farmer Rajendar alias Pappu.Enraged by this act, Rajender attacked Raju with a sickle. The Dalit youth, whose arm was almost cut by the sickle, was rushed to a hospital in Hisar. Dr Ramesh Jain, who was attending on him, said the tendons of his arm were severed and a steel rod had been inserted in a major operation. Police said the accused had been arrested under section 326 and SC/SC Act and DSP Jai Prakash had been deputed to investigate the case. On the instructions of the Deputy Commissioner, District Development and Panchayat Officer Sumit Kumartoday handed over an amount of Rs 50,000 to the injured youth. He said the government would bear all the expenditure of his treatment

Can't believe such a$$holes exists in society.

Offtopic.
Looks like some members on PDF are in competition to open stupid threads, they are from both sides. Saw threads on 90% Pakistani are poor.. don't these guys get sick of discussing all this?

No body would put their sympathies if it get in just opposite way ... Dalit cutting the hand of upper caste.

If it would have happen .. News agencies will not cover these incidences.

I'm not supporting the crime , those who involved must be harshly punished , but not before giving the opposite party right to be heard and through investigation.

Mubarak ho!!

We have been saying it all along that caste system is decease in India. It's a sub-human practice. But some Indian members call our claim rubbish or some even claim that they never heard about caste system. :disagree:

Mubarak ho!!

We have been saying it all along that caste system is decease in India. It's a sub-human practice. But some Indian members call our claim rubbish or some even claim that they never heard about caste system. :disagree:

You man have discovered something that no one knew. Congratulations to you.....

On topic...
India has taken very bold steps against caste system.
1) Reservation
2) Special laws to protect them.

Well does that mean everything will vanish no... because there is no full proof system, unfortunately some people do not know.

Caste System will be crushed like slavery in the west. Once India becomes a developed country, these things will be eradicated.

But it's not easy to uproot a tradition that has been developing for 1000s of years.. What they're trying to remove is a thread that have been always intertwined with the culture.

I think once you have awareness, people will come to the conclusion that this system cannot exist in India any more.

Back
Top Bottom