What's new

DAC has given nod for construction of six submarines under Project-75(I): G

What's wrong with German Girls?
Why would u prefer French girls over German?

Show us some German girls, we will change our opinion:angel:

BTW how come DAC given nod to build submarine with out finalizing which submarine we are purchasing?? :what:

Amur is good choice;I think it will be selected for Project-75I.

Bad thing Amur cant carry both AIP and Brahmos

IMHO, the larger version of scorpenes offered by DCNS will be better b'coz of following advantages:

1. Type compatibility with P-75s.

2. TOT absorption will be easy.

3. Construction will be smooth & fast.

4. Logistics, supply, etc. will be easy for IN.

Show us some German girls, we will change our opinion:angel:

BTW how come DAC given nod to build submarine with out finalizing which submarine we are purchasing?? :what:

Mate, they have acknowledged that the IN indeed needs another class of subs, now IN can issue the RFP, DAC nod was important for this process to take place. Which sub IN chooses is not DAC's concern, it will be taken by CCS when IN finally select one.

AMUR 950 has vertical Silos to carry Brahmos, and it does have AIP. Update your knowledge bro. :D

According to one PDF member Amur cant carry both AIP and Brahmos as it will demand stretching hull of Amur too much

But if what you are saying is true, its good

IMHO, the larger version of scorpenes offered by DCNS will be better b'coz of following advantages:

1. Type compatibility with P-75s.

2. TOT absorption will be easy.

3. Construction will be smooth & fast.

4. Logistics, supply, etc. will be easy for IN.

Agreed

BUt still I think Amur will be selected

Remember It also have advantage of having resemblance with Kilo class subs, as it is highly improved version of Kilo class sub and IN operates Kilo subs

The Amur class submarine (named for the Amur River), is one of the latest Russian submarine class which are advertised as the export version of the Lada class, a highly improved version of the Kilo-class submarine with much better quieting, new combat systems, and an option for air-independent propulsion.

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...pYHoCA&usg=AFQjCNE2xnsZ2IzJrye8Tl8N860yigTbnQ

I don't think Russians will get this order :D though I liked Amur.

I don't think Russians will get this order :D though I liked Amur.

What's wrong with German Girls?
Why would u prefer French girls over German?

German girls are a little masculine,lol.:)But opposite is case for german men in case of looks.Though in charm difficult to beat the french for any gender.

@topic Probably order merlin or super scorpene.

AMUR 950 has vertical Silos to carry Brahmos, and it does have AIP. Update your knowledge bro. :D

No it doesn't, it is always either or, either AIP propulsion, or use the same space/module for something else, in this case Brahmos VLS.

The Amur class will never win this competition for numerous reasons, be it that the sub is still under development and not even Russian navy will buy it (they go for upgraded Kilos instead), that the AIP propulsion is unproven, or that the recent results with Russian shipyards wasn't that good for IN.

The most logical choice would be, another batch of Scorpene subs, since they are already build in India and could be produced in less time. Not to mention that training and logistics will be easier to, be it for the shipyards, or IN.

The U214 might be the best offer in terms of cost vs capability, they are cheaper than the Scorpenes and belong to the best AIP propelled subs, although I read that the refuelling costs for the AIP propulsion are high too.

@sancho

I think the S-80 "Super Scorpene" should be selected which has NAVANTIA as prime contractor
and DCNS as prime subcontractor - we should look to fit these SSKs with BrahMos Block-I ASCM (290km)
and Block-III LACM (550km) (for land-attack capability) and the AIP propulsion too.

IMO We should let the foreign OEM build 2 subs, remaining 4 should be divided between a private shipyard
(L&T, for instance) and a public-sector one (MDL) constructing 2 subs each. The technology and work
expierience with these subs should be put into practice to design & build India's own AIP-powered SSK
with DRDO-developed AIP module, and induct atleast 10-16 such subs to supplement P-75 & P-75I.

Last edited by a moderator:
@sancho

I think the S-80 "Super Scorpene" should be selected which has NAVANTIA as prime contractor
and DCNS as prime subcontractor - we should look to fit these SSKs with BrahMos Block-I ASCM (290km)
and Block-III LACM (550km) (for land-attack capability) and the AIP propulsion too.

IMO We should let the foreign OEM build 2 subs, remaining 4 should be divided between a private shipyard
(L&T, for instance) and a public-sector one (MDL) constructing 2 subs each. The technology and work
expierience with these subs should be put into practice to design & build India's own AIP-powered SSK
with DRDO-developed AIP module, and induct atleast 10-16 such subs to supplement P-75 & P-75I.

Hey gessler, Prasun K sengupta has given good insights on his blog about this deal, here is the thread link:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...vent-albeit-tinged-indian-navy-s-realism.html

Last edited by a moderator:
No it doesn't, it is always either or, either AIP propulsion, or use the same space/module for something else, in this case Brahmos VLS.

The Amur class will never win this competition for numerous reasons, be it that the sub is still under development and not even Russian navy will buy it (they go for upgraded Kilos instead), that the AIP propulsion is unproven, or that the recent results with Russian shipyards wasn't that good for IN.

The most logical choice would be, another batch of Scorpene subs, since they are already build in India and could be produced in less time. Not to mention that training and logistics will be easier to, be it for the shipyards, or IN.

The U214 might be the best offer in terms of cost vs capability, they are cheaper than the Scorpenes and belong to the best AIP propelled subs, although I read that the refuelling costs for the AIP propulsion are high too.

That's what I was saying, but skull and bones didn't believe me.

One of you,maybe Dr. Somnath 999 or you, disclosed this fact months ago, on Dr.somnath999's thread comparing U 214 and Amur

Back
Top Bottom