What's new

Critiquing CWG may hit business ties: Anand Sharma tells nations

Good to have the Pakistani sportsmen for being supportive.:tup:

last time i think Wasim Akram lashed out at a Australian player for calling India third world.

Wonder if Indian sportspersons have the mutual thought.

ontopic

This is the last straw to CWG mess.I wonder if it can get any worse.This is exactly the time where you prove by actions not bark threats.

Strange that someone here is equating this statement to self-respect.Respect is earned not gained by blackmailing.

We have seen Indian behaviour during recent England-Pak cricket series so we are firm Indians will never be as supportive as our players are when the entire world is criticising India.

And one more thing this is NOT The first time that we have spoken for India i remember during one cricket world cup Rameez Raja said we would love to see India as winning it rather than any gora country.

:tup:

Hey btw nice slogan about respect i guess i should put for few days for Indian officials

Excess of anything (be it food, water, praise or criticism) is bad sire and that's when someone has to stand up and say:

ABEY KHAMOSH!

That's all Mr. Sharma did!

Western media chose to sensationalize and not criticize constructively.

And then some blame Indian 'orange' media!

Arey yaar! these people have already made up their mind about the criticism part.

Even if these games went smoothly and the accommodation was spick and span before a month.Their media still will lay an emphasis on the the fact the laborers were not well paid,the slum dwellers were forced out,slums were covered up.

Even if the games are a true success i.e no corruption,all efficient and
hosted in a city with no slums etc.Still their media will show some poor part of India and say was this whole event spending worth it?

Whether we like it or not some level of criticism will come and we should swallow it like mature people.

It was street gang type of posture doesnt suit an official that too of wana be giant

At times it becomes necessary to call a spade a spade. You are unfortunate that you do not have officials like that and that is a primary reason why every country kicks your pride around like a football.

:no: trade is a mutual thing that does not mean that Indians should prove themselves unworthy of fixing their faults by trying to hush up rightful criticism .

This was a sissy behaviour in all its aspects. And i am dead sure India will not have insane decision makers like this sharma neither India can afford to cut business ties with these countries.

So better act than acting like a loser

well i will give u one answer.
last time cameron came and said ""we need india more than india need us"".he got more than 1 billion dollar deal.
also same if i apply on u..,can u do this??
and he bashed a lot abt pakistan for wat??just for money...jana ji.

indian students are big market for australia there are abt 80000 students in australia.same applied here.
so get ur facts right n apply this on u.
only dollar speaks in this world,if u have then u can rule otherwise u know better how difficult is to survive with criticism

We have seen Indian behaviour during recent England-Pak cricket series so we are firm Indians will never be as supportive as our players are when the entire world is criticising India.

And one more thing this is NOT The first time that we have spoken for India i remember during one cricket world cup Rameez Raja said we would love to see India as winning it rather than any gora country.

:tup:

Hey btw nice slogan about respect i guess i should put for few days for Indian officials

Bopanna - Quereshi anyone?

Remove the spectacles of hate from your eyes and then might just be able to see things a bit more clearly.

Arey yaar! these people have already made up their mind about the criticism part.

Even if these games went smoothly and the accommodation was spick and span before a month.Their media still will lay an emphasis on the the fact the laborers were not well paid,the slum dwellers were forced out,slums were covered up.

Even if the games are a true success i.e no corruption,all efficient and
hosted in a city with no slums etc.Still their media will show some poor part of India and say was this whole event spending worth it?

Whether we like it or not some level of criticism will come and we should swallow it like mature people.

Is there any difference between 'some' criticism and 'all-pervasive' criticism or not?:what:

Oh and BTW...Respect is earned Self-Respect is cultivated.

I was talking about the latter!

well i will give u one answer.
last time cameron came and said ""we need india more than india need us"".he got more than 1 billion dollar deal.
also same if i apply on u..,can u do this??
and he bashed a lot abt pakistan for wat??just for money...jana ji.

indian students are big market for australia there are abt 80000 students in australia.same applied here.
so get ur facts right n apply this on u.
only dollar speaks in this world,if u have then u can rule otherwise u know better how difficult is to survive with criticism

Again you are confusing willing decisions and those which a made though blackmailing :)

Aussies let Indians in still they bang them simple as that its again customer, seller relations.

Above all the main point here is that you did mess it up you have made India a laughing stuff by your own inefficiency and now you are blackmailing others for showing the truth.

The beds were with dog poo, the bathrooms were as dir.ty as anything could be on earth even dirtier than the open defecation.
structure collapsing NOW tell me where Media is wrong in showing all these which happened ???

Western media does sensationalising things BUT here all these happened which you are denying and at the same time you are taking pride in a rubbish statement :no:

At times it becomes necessary to call a spade a spade. You are unfortunate that you do not have officials like that

i am happy we dont have

and that is a primary reason why every country kicks your pride around like a football.

Hiding own shame by bringing in other countries is a self-destruction in the long run and a sissy attitude

Again you are confusing willing decisions and those which a made though blackmailing :)

Aussies let Indians in still they bang them simple as that its again customer, seller relations.

Above all the main point here is that you did mess it up you have made India a laughing stuff by your own inefficiency and now you are blackmailing others for showing the truth.

The beds were with dog poo, the bathrooms were as dir.ty as anything could be on earth even dirtier than the open defecation.
structure collapsing NOW tell me where Media is wrong in showing all these which happened ???

Western media does sensationalising things BUT here all these happened which you are denying and at the same time you are taking pride in a rubbish statement :no:

well all this was 4 muscle flexing n it was done successfully:bunny::bunny::bunny:

Is there any difference between 'some' criticism and 'all-pervasive' criticism or not?:what:

Oh and BTW...Respect is earned Self-Respect is cultivated.

I was talking about the latter!

If its all pervasive and illogical,then we should ignore it,we shouldn't bark back at a barking dog.

About the respect part,we both will get into a long debate over it,so lets drop it off for now.

If its all pervasive and illogical,then we should ignore it,we shouldn't bark back at a barking dog.

I strongly disagree with the words you have used. Refusing to tolerate BS is not akin to barking, at least not to me and GoI seems to agree.

About the respect part,we both will get into a long debate over it,so lets drop it off for now.

Sure:cheers:

That's called muscle flexing and may be that's what 'did it' for CWG in that past 48 hours! :D

This is not muscle flexing, its over confidence and the same reaction when a person with inferiority complex gets a little attention.

India is growing and has importance internationally but that doesn't mean India can threaten everyone to not even say a word on inabilities of Indian Gov. Its bad at India's part for not providing the facilities to the mark.

Business is always a dual carriage road. Its not just other countries benefiting from business with India infact its india (developing country) which needs these developed countries to grow more.

If India will shout at every other country then whom will India conduct business with ??? Somalia!!

Has there been even a single event in history when Soviet Union, USA or China even said a thing like that ?? The answer is: A BIG NO!!

There is an old subcontinental saying: Naye Bhikari ko bheekh ki bohut jaldi hoti hai, Same applies here in case of some ministers who are overly eager to speak loud.

CGF CEO Hooper blames India for Commonwealth Games chaos
AFP, Sep 26, 2010, 12.26pm IST

WELLINGTON: Commonwealth Games Federation chief executive Mike Hooper denied Sunday his organisation was partly to blame for problems in the lead-up to the Delhi Games and said the fault lay with India.

Hooper, a New Zealander, told Television New Zealand that while the federation was the supreme authority and pushed for deadlines to be met, it was powerless to get projects completed on time, with the event just a week away.

"At the end of the day, I'm not a construction engineer. I'm not a builder. We're at the hands and the mercy of, effectively, the government of India, the Delhi government, the agencies responsible for delivery of the venues."

These groups had consistently failed to meet deadlines, Hooper said of what the Indian media has dubbed the "Shame Games".

"Renewed deadlines came and went. New reasons for delays kept coming up. Absolutely exasperation from our perspective," he said.

But Barry Maister, secretary-general of the New Zealand Olympic Committee, which is responsible for the Commonwealth Games team, said the Games federation "has a lot to answer for" with regard to the state of the athletes' village.

"It was their job to ensure the village was ready for habitation. In my view they did not do so," he said after visiting the village last week.

However, Hooper said all competing nations had been kept aware of issues that needed to be resolved and it was exasperating that despite "constant cajoling", venues were in a rush to be completed.

"The very frustrating thing is we have consistently spoken out loudly and clearly, consistent in our reporting: 'Get these things done. Get these venues delivered. Focus on the operational delivery of the Games.'

"And unfortunately, we are where we are. Now, we can all do these post-mortems later. The reality is right now we need to focus on getting as much as we can done."

CGF CEO Hooper blames India for Commonwealth Games chaos - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom