What's new

Critiquing CWG may hit business ties: Anand Sharma tells nations

Looking at the logical side

Both Canada and Australia and rich in minerals with low population densities, developing nations need them more then the other way round. Any "hurt"business will impact India more then the two countries, not every nation runs its economies like the US into deficits.

New Zealand well they got more food then people and thats a valuable export.

One word

Trade

1. Nuclear trade for Canada.
2. Defence trade for UK
3. General trade for OZ

BTW, as I said earlier, this is mere sabre-rattling, nothing's going to happen!:D

Looking at the logical side

Both Canada and Australia and rich in minerals with low population densities, developing nations need them more then the other way round. Any "hurt"business will impact India more then the two countries, not every nation runs its economies like the US into deficits.

New Zealand well they got more food then people and thats a valuable export.

Looking at the logical side what Mr. Anand Sharma,the India minister is saying,it has some substance in it indeed.There are a lot of Canadian and Australian companies,retail chains who have business in India,outlets in India.While India has a massive home driven economy based upon its size and population.The home driven economy can support the Indian economy well.One of the best examples will be the recent 'Global recession'.Some banks in US took a hit,and the ripples were felt all over the World.But it didn't affect India the way it affected EU or Japan.

But then,business is not a plaything.You just don't play with it for temporary and largely insignificant issues like a soiled basin in CWG village or hastily completed construction work.
What Anand Sharma is saying,is right.He can make some Canadian and Australian companies,totally unrelated to this event,to pay for the negative media campaign.But then,if you really can,then it doesnt mean that you really should.

Only 409 out of 1168 flats ready in the CWG Village - India News - IBNLive

Aussies are still pulling out. India is still not even half-way ready, the tantrum may work, but will have far reaching consequences as people would be alerted to the true nature of the Indian state and what friendship with India would cost them in the long run.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Anand Sharma should be told, India's nasty habit of mixing politics and sports is unacceptable.

Only 409 out of 1168 flats ready in the CWG Village - India News - IBNLive

Aussies are still pulling out. India is still not even half-way ready, the tantrum may work, but will have far reaching consequences as people would be alerted to the true nature of the Indian state and what friendship with India would cost them in the long run.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Anand Sharma should be told, India's nasty habit of mixing politics and sports is unacceptable.

LEAD BY EXAMPLE, PULL OUT FROM THE CWG 2010 GAMES! After all, what better way than that to convey your message to Mr. Sharma?

Asim, while reading your posts, why do I always feel that you type in anger? Just relax buddy, you are not getting kashmir on :pdf:

P.S. I'm still waiting for your reply to my earlier post!

LEAD BY EXAMPLE, PULL OUT FROM THE CWG 2010 GAMES! After all, what better way than that to convey your message to Mr. Sharma?

Asim, while reading your posts, why do I always feel that you type in anger? Just relax buddy, you are not getting kashmir on :pdf:

P.S. I'm still waiting for your reply to my earlier post!
Pakistan's security team is assessing the situation there at the CWG and we will follow what they recommend.

The Australians have already started pulling out, they already took the lead, we'd just follow. We don't have any super trade ties for this threat to be effective on us, but the other nations have to realize that India's a playground bully and they are better off not playing with it.

I read few months back an article where Chinese intellects has warned Chinese public not to be arrogant! But who will teach these Indians that Arrogance is a curse?

Pakistan's security team is assessing the situation there at the CWG and we will follow what they recommend.

Your contingent is coming, I can give you that on stamp paper!

The Australians have already started pulling out

Partially correct. Some of their atheletes have pulled out but their contingent as a whole is coming.

Oz swimming team committed to CWG - The Times of India

CWG: Village gets thumbs up (sort of), Oz and New Zealand are in | NDTV.com

Other Sports | Commonwealth Games 2010 | Oz Olympian commits for CWG | ESPNSTAR.com

They already took the lead, we'd just follow.

I told you. Your guys are coming. Stamp paper pe likh ke dun?

We don't have any super trade ties for this threat to be effective on us,

No you don't. You have much bigger stakes instead to not piss India off at the wrong time. Wait a few days, you'll know that when your contingent arrives in delhi.

but the other nations have to realize that India's a playground bully and they are better off not playing with it.

Oops, seems like a Pakistani picked up the mantle of 'realisation' for 'other countries'. Can't 'other countries' take care of themselves? Are you the 'big daddy' to advise others on what to do and what not to do?

Choor ulta kotawal koo dantay.

So the bullying starts, hope the nations threatened can see the face of the new emerging super power and what's coming in the future for them.

Friendship with US has its effects too, Indians are learning fast. :)

Choor ulta kotawal koo dantay.

So the bullying starts, hope the nations threatened can see the face of the new emerging super power and what's coming in the future for them.

Friendship with US has its effects too, Indians are learning fast. :)

It's called sabre-rattling sir. Hona wana kuch nahin hai ye main bhi jaanta hun aur aap bhi.:D

It's just that somebody from India had to send a strong signal to the goras that we will not take BS lying down. We know we messed up yes and no doubt about that but that doesn't mean that we will let any tom, dick and harry say whatever comes to his mind. No. Unacceptable.

Constructive criticism is welcome. Sensationalisation and character assassination are not...That's what Mr. Sharma just said.

Now, Pakistan sending inspection team to Delhi over CWG security fears

Only fear Pakistan has vis a vis CWG is related to security and not anything else like hygeine etc.

And when it comes to security, rest assured Qureshi will not try to piss India off at this critical juncture. We are turning delhi into a fortress.

CWG toh chala jaayega, uske baad deal toh Qureshi ko hamse hee karna hai! :bunny:

Last edited:
I read few months back an article where Chinese intellects has warned Chinese public not to be arrogant! But who will teach these Indians that Arrogance is a curse?

We are arrogant only for those who indulge in needless character assassination and mudslinging.

India hasn't got used to the critics from weatern countries. So far India was the holly cow for these countries.

Back
Top Bottom