What's new

Crisis deepens as India blocks Chenab flow

this is not going to happen if they does still we have a option to wipe them off the earth and Israel.

Bangladesh is a small part of the hydrodynamic system that

includes the countries of Bhutan, China, India, and Nepal.

Bangladesh lies at the receiving end of this hydrodynamic system.

The Ganges-Brahmaputra delta, of which Bangladesh is a part, has

been created by deposition of river-borne sediments. Ganges

water and sediment have been diverted through a barrage (dam) at

Farakka in India. This has adversely affected agriculture,

navigation, irrigation, fisheries, forestry, industrial

activities, salinity intrusion of coastal rivers, groundwater,

riverbed aggradation, sediment influx, coastal erosion and

submergence in Bangladesh.

Farakka Barrage: History, Impact and Solution**

If farakka can do this much damage there is no reason not to believe the new dams won't affect Pakistan.

Everyone is noticing how arrogant and inhuman indians are and some of their hindus even appear as fake Muslims to show how united the indians are. No body is fool, dear kautilyas, and do not get overconfident to have miscalculations about non-hindus. And not only Pakistan, but also China and other south Asian nations should together bomb all the dams that are obstacle to natural river flow....
Do All Pakistanis feel that the Muslims will support them in case of a war? Is that why u cant believe that Muslims can come in a forum and Support India? Well I am an Indian Muslim and I see no disctinction between the two. Do you know how sinful it is to accuse a Muslims of being a non muslim? Ask the mods they can verify If i am a Muslim or not.

Using water as a form of punishment is Bad, The Dams are being built to regulate water, not stop it. Water will only stop when Pakistan Intensifies any kind of Proxy war which it has shunned to a limit. I hope not all Pakistanis are as arrogant and naive as you!

Pakistan Says its fighting for the Kashmiri people, but We all Know its for the Water!

Armed Forces are not for showing off, I know that, But your words have no listeners in Pakistan because the Pak Army knows war is not the Solution. If it was, Kashmir would have been yours! God Speed.

Everyone is noticing how arrogant and inhuman indians are and some of their hindus even appear as fake Muslims to show how united the indians are. No body is fool, dear kautilyas, and do not get overconfident to have miscalculations about non-hindus. And not only Pakistan, but also China and other south Asian nations should together bomb all the dams that are obstacle to natural river flow....
Do you know, the dams you are talking about are located in Kashmir. Are you suggesting that China along with Pakistan should bomb the dams and drown thousands of Kashmiris.
:crazy:

Do All Pakistanis feel that the Muslims will support them in case of a war? Is that why u cant believe that Muslims can come in a forum and Support India? Well I am an Indian Muslim and I see no disctinction between the two. Do you know how sinful it is to accuse a Muslims of being a non muslim? Ask the mods they can verify If i am a Muslim or not.

Using water as a form of punishment is Bad, The Dams are being built to regulate water, not stop it. Water will only stop when Pakistan Intensifies any kind of Proxy war which it has shunned to a limit. I hope not all Pakistanis are as arrogant and naive as you!

Pakistan Says its fighting for the Kashmiri people, but We all Know its for the Water!

Armed Forces are not for showing off, I know that, But your words have no listeners in Pakistan because the Pak Army knows war is not the Solution. If it was, Kashmir would have been yours! God Speed.

I can certainly verify that Ahmed bro:yahoo:

@communist

Please refrain from commenting on one's religion.Thanks.

Cunning Indians! Who are building dams Pakistan or India? Pakistan wants Kashmir just for the water? I think you mean India wants Kashmir just for the water. India's the one whose going crazy spending all the money on building all these dams.

Let the water flow naturally the way God made it, why control the water flow during proxy war? What do these Indians think they are? Maybe you Hindus can play that superiority game with minorities in your country, but that wont work with Pakistanis.

Well Pakistan is going to have to. Pakistan is an agricultural country, millions will die if India keeps on stealing our water. India violated the Indus Water Treaty this past summer and Pakistan saw a huge drought, acres of land without crops, farmers devastated, billions of rupees lost, people went hungry and India still refuses to compensate Pakistan for stealing Pakistan's water.

Pakistan's defence is not built for only show, Pakistani people are going to suffer, masses are going to die because of India's evil plans. Pakistani military are going to have to destroy those dams to save millions of people's lives in Pakistan.

Pleaseeeee do that now only otherwise it will be too late....Once India starts to depend on these extra water it will be too late for pak..

India's Baglihar Dam project
Jawad Hussain

Pakistan and its neighbour on the eastern border, India, have been involved in different spats of issues, i.e. Kashmir, blast in the Indian embassy in Kabul; but the latest controversy that has hit the limelight is the Indian Baglihar Dam project, also known as Baglihar Hydroelectric Power Project, which has been built on the River Chenab in the Southern Doda district of the Indian Held Kashmir.
This project along with Kishan-Ganga Dam project has deprived Pakistan from its share of water that it was assured by Indus Water Treaty of 1960.
Especially Baglihar Dam project has been the core issue in the recent round of talks being held at the top level as India seized Pakistan's water in this particular dam thus leaving Pakistani dams with nothing but water scarcity.
The project began in 1999 at an estimated cost of around $1 billion, but Pakistan has opposed the project with full force as design parameters of the Baglihar project violates the Indus Water Treaty of 1960.
According to Indus Water Treaty India was provided with exclusive control to three eastern rivers while Pakistan with exclusive control to three western rivers, including Chenab River. As mentioned above, the Baglihar Dam project has been constructed on the River Chenab.
Although, India was being provided with a provision in the Indus Water Treaty that it can establish river-run project with 'limited' reservoir capacity and flow control needed for feasible power generation.
India, in the past, has availed the provision to a great extent by establishing several project, however Pakistan never objected any of them. But it wasn't the case in Baglihar and Kishan-Ganga projects.
During 1999-2004, Indian and Pakistani governments held different rounds of talks focusing on the design of these projects, but as usual both sides never able to reach any consensus.
Following failure of the talks, Pakistan's government, as a last resort, took the issue to the World Bank with six major objections. It is pertinent to mention here that the World Bank is also a signatory of Indus Water Treaty.
In April 2005 the World Bank appointed a Swiss civil engineer Professor Raymond Lafitte to deliberate upon the conflict.
He declared his final verdict in Feb, 2007, according to which he partially upheld some objections of Pakistan. Both parties agreed to abide by the final verdict.
Indian side defends the project as the energy demand has been on the rise in the South Asian region, including Pakistan, India and China. The Indian government has already spent Rs52 billion ($1 billion) on the mega project so as to meet the needs of the energy-starved state.
Following all the drama in the past, India during this summer released heavy waters into Pakistan and later filled up its reservoirs on the River Chenab, which resulted in floods at the first place and then led Pakistani farmers towards water scarcity; hence caused havoc to country's agriculture production as well as yield targets.
Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh inaugurated the contentious Baglihar dam in Jammu and Kashmir on last Friday, but while inaugurating the hydel power station, he said that the construction of the dam did not violate the Indus water treaty. While addressing the ceremony, Manmohan Singh opined, "India and Pakistan owe to their citizens to learn to help each other, I would like to invite Pakistan to work towards this goal by cooperating with India".
At home, hundreds of families who live in the catchment area of the 450 megawatt dam say that they haven't been rehabilitated yet.
Pakistan's Indus Water Commissioner Jamaat Ali Shah told media during the past week that India has invited Pakistan to visit the disputed Baglihar Dam project. He said that a Pakistani delegation would visit India in the third or fourth week of this month.
When we talk about the Baglihar Dam with an Indian perspective, it doesn't give all that glowing impression as different Indian dailies are pointing doubts over the project.
Indian geological experts have warned the authorities that the Baglihar Dam project is built over an active geological fault that may put question marks on the very existence of the project.
Hydro electric power project may not turn out to be a profitable proposition as the projects safety has been overlooked by the engineers who formulated plans to go ahead with the proposal.
According to the experts, this fault is part of the Murree Thrust that runs from Pakistan up to Himachal Pradesh through the project area. Rocks in the area were constantly being displaced and new cracks were developing in the areas of the fault. The earthquake of 2005 has made this fault more vulnerable.
Due to the filling of the Baglihar Dam, water levels in Pakistan's dams have gone down to 22,000 cusecs.
Jamaat Ali Shah said that while India reserved the right to fill the dam, Pakistan should receive 55,000 cusecs of water at its head in Marala.
Indian officials stressed that under the provision of the Indus Water Treaty, India had the right to fill the reservoir between June 26 and August 31. "There is no bar on the content of water.
As mentioned above, the release of water from the Indian side caused substantial losses to standing crops in Punjab province and the damages were outstanding. In the past week, Minister for Water and Power Raja Pervaiz Ashraf told media that it has been decided to lodge a strong protest with India against the "violation" of the 1960 treaty on sharing of river waters.
The issue also win limelight last month when President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly.
Both leaders discussed the matter in length and analysts from the two countries look quite optimistic, but it has to be understood that Pakistan now stands at a point where it will have to take immediate action to save it from water scarcity in the future. Pakistan being an agricultural country can not afford to lose its share of water as it would hit its already tame economy quite hard, therefore India's act of seizing waters in newly built dams should be discussed at the highest level to avoid starvation in the days to come.

Hydro-conflict may dry out Pak dams - News

I can certainly verify that Ahmed bro:yahoo:

@communist

Please refrain from commenting on one's religion.Thanks.
Thanks Ahsan, its people like you who keep me sane in these forums! Idiots think that Muslims are denied internet in India!!!! What a load of crap! I am tired of being labelled a Hindu Fanatic hahahahaha Man the Hindu Fanatics hate me for speaking against them and the Pakistanis Hate me thinking I am a Hindu Fanatic!

Hindus are really nice people, just like you or me. Difference is that, they were born Hindus, and you and me and Mr communist (oxymoron) and Mr Omar was born Muslims!

There are fanatics in all Religions. So please refrain from bullshit!

In a way, India is worst than Israel, India wants to kill millions of innocent Pakistanis through its cunning ways silently so no one in the world notices, by stealing all of Pakistan's water.

In a way, India is worst than Israel, India wants to kill millions of innocent Pakistanis through its cunning ways silently so no one in the world notices, by stealing all of Pakistan's water.
Please you have been saying this for a while now, change of Dialogue please!

brother cool down....Those are not agriculture based dams those are for power generation..
Pakistan is also building one in downstreams
And if you say electricity generation takes any water flowing to pak then it is up to your intelligence..

Your post is not giving any stuff to mind so better learn something complete your phd and then post..Is that Indian university..?

Back
Top Bottom