What's new

Could Saudi Arabia be next?

Cheetah786

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Nobody can predict which way the ‘Arab Awakening’ will turn this year. But Robert Fisk has ventured a very tentative punt or two…
Syria

‘Yes, Assad will go. One day. He says as much. But don’t expect it to happen in the immediate future. Or Gaddafi-style.’
Israel and the Palestinian territories

‘Hamas and Khaled Meshaal will go on denying Israel’s right to exist – thus allowing Israel to falsely claim that it has “no one to talk to” – until the next Gaza war.’
Iran

‘Israel has no stomach for an all-out war against Iran – it would lose – and the United States, having lost two Middle East wars, has no enthusiasm for losing a third.’
Saudi Arabia

‘There are those who say that the Gulf kingdoms will remain secure for years to come. Don’t count on it. Watch Saudi Arabia.’
Iraq

‘Its own civil war will go on grinding up the bones of civil society while we largely ignore its agony.’

US

‘Now that Obama has entered his drone-happy second presidency, we’re going to hear more about those wonderful unpiloted bombers.’

Never make predictions in the Middle East. My crystal ball broke long ago. But predicting the region has an honourable pedigree. “An Arab movement, newly-risen, is looming in the distance,” a French traveller to the Gulf and Baghdad wrote in 1883, “and a race hitherto downtrodden will presently claim its due place in the destinies of Islam.” A year earlier, a British diplomat in Jeddah confided that “it is within my knowledge… that the idea of freedom does at present agitate some minds even in Mecca…”

So let’s say this for 2013: the “Arab Awakening” (the title of George Antonius’ seminal work of 1938) will continue, the demand for dignity and freedom – let us not get tramelled up here with “democracy” – will go on ravaging the pseudo-stability of the Middle East, causing as much fear in Washington as it does in the palaces of the Arab Gulf.

Could Saudi Arabia be next? *|* Peak Oil News and Message Boards

Well, no. Saudi Arabia is US and Britain's oldest ally in western asia, so US will not let anything happen to any of the gulf kingdoms.

We our selves are also American allies.. so basically, according to your notion.... we shall be automatically protected!

I love Saudi Arabia because, they give jobs to thousands of Pakistanis, we all will be there to return favor.

They are also equally friendly.

We our selves are also American allies.. so basically, according to your notion.... we shall be automatically protected!

I love Saudi Arabia because our atomic programme was funded by them and they helped us for many decades.

The are give jobs to thousands of Pakistanis, we all will be there to return favor.

US gave NOC's to Pakistan's nuclear program in the 80s ignoring world accusations. More Pakistanis live in western countries as citizens.

So do you love the west now?

Just say that Saudi Arabs are muslims and thats why you love them and therefore, whatever they do, it is acceptable to you.

Peakoil.com was started in 2005 by Dan C., a software engineer coming to a realization about the importance of understanding then improving the world’s hydrocarbon energy systems.

The web is full of diversions, distractions, fluff, and *****, but there are few rare places on the web where you can discuss the things that actually matter to our lives, our families, and to future generations.

Our site’s mission has been “exploring the issue of hydrocarbon depletion” AKA Peak Oil, undoubtedly the most serious economic and cultural crossroads in several generations.

PeakOil.com is a strictly non-commercial & non-affiliated news aggregation and a message-board social networking news site. We are an online community run for and by the members. Today, Peakoil.com is administered by Aaron D, from Houston TX.

The supporting moderators and editors are 100% volunteers from around the globe, and receive no compensation of any kind. FerretLover is the chief moderator of our forums and believes there can be a civilized discussion of our world’s most pressing issues. We all strive to be non-biased, open-mined to all possibilities, but skeptical of the most far-reaching claims.

Several of our senior member contribute editorials, and the forums are a great place to introduce yourself. We all try hard to maintain a serious and balanced conversation on some of the world’s most important topics.

Man they took it way too seriously :rofl:

US gave NOC's to Pakistan's nuclear program in the 80s ignoring world accusations. More Pakistanis live in western countries as citizens.

So do you love the west now?

Just say that Saudi Arabs are muslims and thats why you love them and therefore, whatever they do, it is acceptable to you.

Lets discuss the OP, i'll never be able to convince you.

FYI, i have lived in Saudi and have seen the society closely.. i was also equally misguided before leaving but was welcomed by a pleasant surprise.

Lets discuss the OP, i'll never be able to convince you.

FYI, i have lived in Saudi and have seen the society closely.. i was also equally misguided before leaving but was welcomed by a pleasant surprise.

convince me on what?

What I said, aren't these facts? I am not at all blaming any society or people if thats what you mean.

My problem is only when Pakistanis ignore their own interests and look at countries like Saudi Arabia.

Why do pretend to be Arabs? When will we become a nation state?

not sure what you mean by misguided. Please refute the facts that I presented.

^^ What you and all of you brigade state is far from facts.

Facts is what thousands of Pakistanis who work in Saudi Arabia knows.

Pakistan's interests are always safeguarded by Saudi Arabia, without support of millions annually Pakistan would be bankrupted long ago.

Where so you see i'm pretending an Arab or just another imagination of yours?

Please present the facts, first before i refute them.. not the kind of OP.

^^ What you and all of you brigade state is far from facts.

Facts is what thousands of Pakistanis who work in Saudi Arabia knows.

Pakistan's interests are always safeguarded by Saudi Arabia, without support of millions annually Pakistan would be bankrupted long ago.

Where so you see i'm pretending an Arab or just another imagination of yours?

Please present the facts, first before i refute them.. not the kind of OP.

????

what more facts do you need? US is your biggest donor, but you hate them. The reason you never had good relations with Iran is because of Saudi interference.

Countries need to have independent policies. You seem to follow Saudis blindly and thats my problem. You seem to justify it by coming up with made up facts.

If Saudis help you, it does not mean our interests are similar to them.

But since you have a habit of denying everything, no one can help you.

Back
Top Bottom