What's new

Congrats to Mastan Khan, VCheng, arsalanaslam123, Tempest II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bhai how about title (peace maker) where there is trouble i will be there as usual lolz...

then i will be first peace maker ask indian members lolz name should be peace keepers :smitten:

Alright Opinionators, need feedback.

I assume the Veritas title is OK with VC, since he is thanking every post supporting that name, but what about MK and the other members, what do you think?

Agno,

That is a good one---Pravda---I was also thinking like ------" advocatus diaboli "---or simply Advocatus----which gives a little more dignity to the name---that is what you need when you are presenting yourself to an audience---either in public or on the forum---. It is the first impression that just makes it or kills it----

Now that you have taken this big leap of faith---I would suggest that this group needs to be given a bit of freedom as what is being posted on the blog----. By now you all know where we stand and how we think and act---.

Our blogs will not be discussing the status quo, but rather give a different perspective----you all know that---what we are looking for is a reaction from the reader---once the reader reacts---we know that we have done what we needed to---maintaining the status quo is easy---to go out on a limb is difficult( but remember that is where the fruit is ).

" During the canonization process of the Roman Catholic Church, the Promoter of the Faith (Latin: promotor fidei), popularly known as the Devil's advocate (Latin: advocatus diaboli), was a canon lawyer appointed by Church authorities to argue against the canonization of the candidate.[1] It was their job to take a skeptical view of the candidate's character, to look for holes in the evidence, to argue that any miracles attributed to the candidate were fraudulent, etc. The Devil's advocate opposed God's advocate (Latin: advocatus Dei; also known as the Promoter of the Cause), whose task is to make the argument in favor of canonization. This task is now performed by the Promoter of Justice (promotor iustitiae), who is in charge of examining how accurate is the inquiry on the saintliness of the candidate.

The office was established in 1587 during the reign of Pope Sixtus V and abolished by Pope John Paul II in 1983.[2] This reform changed the canonization process considerably, helping John Paul II to usher in an unprecedented number of elevations: nearly 500 individuals were canonized and over 1,300 were beatified during his tenure as Pope as compared to only 98 canonizations by all his 20th-century predecessors, which has led many[who?] to question the validity of the process and whether all of those canonized today are deserving of the recognition.[citation needed] Such a dramatic increase suggests that the office of the Devil's Advocate had served to reduce the number of canonizations. It is argued[who?] that it served a useful role in ensuring that canonizations did not proceed without due care and hence the status of sainthood was not easily achieved. In cases of controversy the Vatican may still seek to informally solicit the testimony of critics of a candidate for canonization. The British-American columnist Christopher Hitchens was famously asked to testify against the beatification of Mother Teresa in 2002, a role he would later describe as being akin to "representing the Evil One, as it were, pro bono".[3]

So---basically what happened in the end was that the scum got cleared from the top to get a cleared picture---to get the fog of familiarity fade to see clearly what lay beyond the surface---.

BTW, opinionators, for your published articles, do you want to include any personalized image/personal info/contact info that can be included in the 'about the author' section.

If you do, let the admins know.

sir jee please i am sick from this premium member name i wanna change make new group with name of peace keepers and with green color first two should be spark and me as we are working for peace since many years .i wanna be peace keeper now :taz:

sir jee please i am sick from this premium member name i wanna change make new group with name of peace keepers and with green color first two should be spark and me as we are working for peace since many years .i wanna be peace keeper now :taz:
We'll discuss the possibility of allowing Premium members a secondary title under their main 'Premium Member' title, that will be customizable per user.

We'll discuss the possibility of allowing Premium members a secondary title under their main 'Premium Member' title, that will be customizable per user.

I like OPINIONATOR title. What are the chances that I get one :azn:

Thanks Mod, I am hoping you will do some magic :lol:

ok so i am waiting for that sir lets see whats come out .:rolleyes:

I like OPINIONATOR title. What are the chances that I get one :azn:

Thanks Mod, I am hoping you will do some magic :lol:
Depends on your post quality.

One way to fast track your membership into the group would be to submit an op-ed/analysis/commentary piece on a subject of interest (does not have to be India vs Pakistan), submit it for peer review, and if approved and published, you are inducted.

There should be a category by the name of 'exterminators/terminators'.

What will be your first secondary title

INDUCED TROLL :P

shutup ok hamara koi kam ban raha hai tum darmiyaan main apni ram khani mat dalo :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Imran Khan should be the Bartender!

nhi main ab bilkul shareef ho jaoon ga shadi ker loon ga or apni simple life guzaroon ga bhai jee kasam se :frown:

Agno,

That is a good one---Pravda---I was also thinking like ------" advocatus diaboli "---or simply Advocatus----which gives a little more dignity to the name---that is what you need when you are presenting yourself to an audience---either in public or on the forum---. It is the first impression that just makes it or kills it----

Now that you have taken this big leap of faith---I would suggest that this group needs to be given a bit of freedom as what is being posted on the blog----. By now you all know where we stand and how we think and act---.

Our blogs will not be discussing the status quo, but rather give a different perspective----you all know that---what we are looking for is a reaction from the reader---once the reader reacts---we know that we have done what we needed to---maintaining the status quo is easy---to go out on a limb is difficult( but remember that is where the fruit is ).

" During the canonization process of the Roman Catholic Church, the Promoter of the Faith (Latin: promotor fidei), popularly known as the Devil's advocate (Latin: advocatus diaboli), was a canon lawyer appointed by Church authorities to argue against the canonization of the candidate.[1] It was their job to take a skeptical view of the candidate's character, to look for holes in the evidence, to argue that any miracles attributed to the candidate were fraudulent, etc. The Devil's advocate opposed God's advocate (Latin: advocatus Dei; also known as the Promoter of the Cause), whose task is to make the argument in favor of canonization. This task is now performed by the Promoter of Justice (promotor iustitiae), who is in charge of examining how accurate is the inquiry on the saintliness of the candidate.

The office was established in 1587 during the reign of Pope Sixtus V and abolished by Pope John Paul II in 1983.[2] This reform changed the canonization process considerably, helping John Paul II to usher in an unprecedented number of elevations: nearly 500 individuals were canonized and over 1,300 were beatified during his tenure as Pope as compared to only 98 canonizations by all his 20th-century predecessors, which has led many[who?] to question the validity of the process and whether all of those canonized today are deserving of the recognition.[citation needed] Such a dramatic increase suggests that the office of the Devil's Advocate had served to reduce the number of canonizations. It is argued[who?] that it served a useful role in ensuring that canonizations did not proceed without due care and hence the status of sainthood was not easily achieved. In cases of controversy the Vatican may still seek to informally solicit the testimony of critics of a candidate for canonization. The British-American columnist Christopher Hitchens was famously asked to testify against the beatification of Mother Teresa in 2002, a role he would later describe as being akin to "representing the Evil One, as it were, pro bono".[3]

So---basically what happened in the end was that the scum got cleared from the top to get a cleared picture---to get the fog of familiarity fade to see clearly what lay beyond the surface---.
Authors will have a very large degree of freedom in their articles, with some caveats of course, which will largely be along the lines of forum rules.

We expect submissions by Indian/American (for example) authors to have a pro-Indian/pro-American slant/bias to them, but we won't be tolerating Christopher Hitchen's like nonsense - no diatribes or generalizations against nations, peoples, religion etc.

But outside of that, since we allow plenty of freedom of debate and opinion on the forum, it should be obvious that most of that will carry through when considering submissions by members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom