What's new

COMMENT : Democracy and Indian Muslims

Some people think that democracy is some sort of "silver bullet" that can fix everything.

My city HK has never been a democracy, we have never had universal suffrage. Ever. Yet we have the 2nd highest life expectancy on Earth, an HDI ranking above western European countries like Britain/France/Spain, and one of the highest incomes in the world.

maybe coz you are an ethnically/racially/linguistically homogenous country while we are not....?

Wow, I can't believe the author said that as well.

i agree to that as well.......the brits and mughals both were invaders...nothing to choose from....atleast the brits did some useful things while the mughals only wasted the resources.....

India does not have any democracy. In name of democracy we have sickularism, which is higher than nationalism.
We all know in the end of day majority of these people are going to vote in name of religion. And when a community self interest is over the nation then how can democracy survive ?
Their religion is a major obstacle to that. And until they become patriotic, respectful and secular, we can not have democracy.

not only religion but castes/ethnicity as well :)

maybe coz you are an ethnically/racially/linguistically homogenous country while we are not....?

so you are saying India was forced to have democracy .no other choice was there

In terms of individual freedom, India indeed is west.

And based on a news article you have based your judgement on all of India? Ask the Indians here and read the news article posted on OP. It was written by a Pakistani

Based on that argument I have destroyed your wet dreams and that's all I intended to do.
You can believe what ever you want, but as soon as you make it public I have the right to make a fool of you. ;)

Made a fool of Indians and all I see now is :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:omghaha:

There is absolutely no Muslim country that offers such a vast array of freedoms to its people.

The article starts with a false premiss, and a very big lie to enhance the little bit of the virtual democracy that Indians would like to think they enjoy. I wish good for the majority of yindous, but the truth should be unveiled for the readers of this forum.
In a few words, if the article says that thanks to the West (English occupation of India) if India enjoys democracy ( I add virtually), And the west has been civilised by the Muslims (there are so many classics written on this subject by westerners who like to tell the truth, not by the Muslims who are too modest even to mention it too much.), than it means that this faded resemblance of true Muslim democracy that India enjoys today comes from Islam and the Muslims the article is criticizing so vehemently, So the whole article is false and is a lie.

Indian democracy is a sham in accordance to the concepts of greek democracy or even western democracy.

The west gives these mental slaves a few kind words and they pledge to work harder for their mental master.

How pathetic...

are you a mental slave of arabs?

I will believe in Indian Democracy when Naredra Modi is hanged for his crimes. Till then it is not Indian Democracy but Indian Hypocrisy.

Indian democracy is for indians to believe in. There are many decisions in india that even I dont like which is a reseult of democracy. but I need to bear with it since I believe that this is the best system.
There is nothing against Modi, so whether we like it or not we cannot proceed like sharia whose laws are based on hearsay and loose rules.
Anyway, you wont understand. the same system protects owaisi. I hate it but have to live with it. same system protected kasab for so many years.

Super !

.. and what will you attribute the fact that it was published by a Pak Daily ?

Would it therefore go by this anology that they too agree with the author ?

It must have been read by countless Pakistanis too - not all of them reacted in this disjointed way. Maybe they too agreed ??

Slow down.

Just because someone writes something you do not agree with does not necessarily mean its wrong. Everything in life is not " for' or ' against'.
thats exactly why they dont understand democracy.

The champion of pats on the backs from the British has come...how charming..?

Sorry, but we are not all mental slaves nor do we take pride in serving the white man.

but you are a mental slave to arabs?

Based on that argument I have destroyed your wet dreams and that's all I intended to do.
You can believe what ever you want, but as soon as you make it public I have the right to make a fool of you. ;)

Made a fool of Indians and all I see now is :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:omghaha:

Mate..... Sitting in canada you want to rate indian democracy?????? If you really want to know what is indian democracy or how good or how bad it is.... come to india and experience..... do not depend on few internet pages of your choice and decide how good is indian democracy..... ( I am not saying that indian democracy is the best..... it is not..... but it is not bad either)

Mate..... Sitting in canada you want to rate indian democracy?????? If you really want to know what is indian democracy or how good or how bad it is.... come to india and experience..... do not depend on few internet pages of your choice and decide how good is indian democracy..... ( I am not saying that indian democracy is the best..... it is not..... but it is not bad either)

Why are you people getting so butt hurt over this?
Some fool said that Indian democracy is on par with Western democracies, I showed that he was an idiot for saying such stupid things and now I have a legion of Internet Hindus with deep butt hurt going after me.
If you don't like that truth then that is your business, but don't **** on my leg and tell me it's raining.

I'm going to just leave this here while you mentally masturbate to galactic supa dupa pawa India

BBC News - India woman arrested over Facebook post in 'shock'

:whistle:

Happens in the west as well, the point is that this is a very rare case considering that India has the 2end (or 3rd largest) FB community. And the most important thing: All these people were released without any further consequences, while the responsible cops had to face consequences.

not only religion but castes/ethnicity as well :)

people may have conflict over caste issue, but when it comes to patriotism, they forget this issue. Caste issue is made serious by politicians, quota system. When you keep feeding in people mind that he is from this caste, you are from this caste, i am specific leader from this caste etc, with time people start living in this system.

But in case of muslims, well educated ( at least what i see in my muslims friends ) people are normal like others, we face no religion sh!t and they also have no problem.

What main issue is muslims people have too many children, and in today world education, daily living cost is very high. So most of them remains backward. They think about religion etc stuffs. You can also notice this thing in your country. Best ex. is you ll vote for your country development, if somebody tries to brainwah you, can he do it ? No he can not brainwash you. Because you are well educated ,and have chance to talk others people to know about the real world. but people who are from backward, can you expect same ?

Back
Top Bottom