What's new

Cobra Helicopter AH-1F SQD Transferred to Pakistan

760687884724b5ad53ffca085f09ab4d.jpg

Yep we have 14 more cobra sssssssss

Last edited:
Technically speaking no one has stopped us from doing our own Research and development work on Helicopters

These planes not enough but we can't be unthankful , hopefully we will get proper support , 80 helicopters & 20 A-10 planes for our ground operations.

We should really launch our own Helicopter R&D since we already are working on hell fire like missile in our inventory

Is there any kinda project for this in the pipeline,coz if pakistan has tech know how on jet fighters it should be a cakewalk :pop:

this news is more accurate - the 14 helos have been supplied to PA on 'lease' as at least 8-12 PAA Cobras AH-1S are going to be withdrawn for 'upgrade' to AH-1F standard under a long pending US$ 75m FMS deal - the upgrade will take upto 12 months either in the US or quite possibly Turkey.

lets wait for more 'authentic' news sources.

In this case the net increase will probably be zero unless we are not required to return these at the end of lease OR if there is a buy option at the end of lease.

Pakistan's Helicopters (Attack) is now a reasonable 40+ Cobras , with supply and maintenence from Turkey and refurbishment funds from US , its a great deal

Untill we get Super Cobra 2015

Well i guess we may need them for now as Sir Fatman said that our old fleet is due for major up gradation so i must say that by the Time PA will receive Super Cobras the T-129ATAK which Army is already evaluating will also become available for us.

So 20 Super Cobras and a fair amount of ATAK's maybe 40-50 will keep our Air Arm potent.

Thanks.

Well naturally i can see why a lot of members here are upset at how old these helos are and what not. But what other options are on the table ?, im sure if there were better options PA would have gone for them..so for now let these ones fly, inshallah when we get out of this mess our economy is back on track we will go for better platforms. By that form China and Turkey will have a comparatively more mature helo program and maybe we can use that money to put an indeginous helo in the pipeline. For know although this isn't entirely sufficient for our needs but it will do.

US delivers Pakistan Cobra choppers
Updated at: 0400 PST, Wednesday, March 17, 2010

LAHORE: The United States on Tuesday handed over a fleet of modern AH-1 Cobra helicopters to Pakistan, which has been inducted in the Army Aviation, Geo news reported on Tuesday. A squadron consists of 14 to 16 helicopters.

The channel quoted its sources as saying that such helicopters are being being used by the Jordanian Armed Forces. The US will also fund $75 million to upgrade the helicopters currently being used by the Pakistan Armed Forces.

Cobra helicopters were used in operation Rahe Nijat and the new additions will provide much-needed help and firepower to the army, especially in the upcoming operation in Orakzai Agency.

Cobra helicopters can fly at an altitude of 11,400 feet and can be used effectively for night-time operations. Each Cobra helicopter is equipped with two 7.62 mm multi-barrel guns, two 40 mm guns and grenade launchers, while 70 mm rockets can be attached to it.

Updated at: 0400 PST, Wednesday, March 17, 2010

LAHORE: The United States on Tuesday handed over a fleet of modern AH-1 Cobra helicopters to Pakistan, which has been inducted in the Army Aviation, Geo news reported on Tuesday. A squadron consists of 14 to 16 helicopters.

Cobra helicopters can fly at an altitude of 11,400 feet and can be used effectively for night-time operations. Each Cobra helicopter is equipped with two 7.62 mm multi-barrel guns, two 40 mm guns and grenade launchers, while 70 mm rockets can be attached to it.

Weapon is wrong, this complement shows, the oldest or basic cobra weapon carrying capability. F models donot carry 7.62 guns or 40 mm grenade launcher. They were AH-1G models in Veitnam.
F models carry 20 mm cannon, 70 mm roskets, and TOWs

@ Fatman

Any chance we will get AH 1Z ????

if the level of co-operation between the two countries 'improves' as we r seeing, then AH-1Z will not be a issue - i think the US realises that if Pakistan has to conduct the WoT successfully in its area of ops, then the right equipment MUST be provided. we shd be thankful to Gen. Kiyani for getting this message through to the Pentagon and the Obama admn.

AH-1Z is distant future, if US writes it down on paper nay stone even then we cant be sure that they will give it to us. But as the economic condition get a lil better i think its high time for Pakistant to start investing in a helo program, this recent war has shown that we`re gonna be needing them for future so WZ-10 whose with me :D

if the level of co-operation between the two countries 'improves' as we r seeing, then AH-1Z will not be a issue - i think the US realises that if Pakistan has to conduct the WoT successfully in its area of ops, then the right equipment MUST be provided. we shd be thankful to Gen. Kiyani for getting this message through to the Pentagon and the Obama admn.

I love this man "Gen Kiyani" no doubt about his superb work.

I think Pakistan Army should deal about AH1Z 40- 60 deal with in 1 - 2 years because we if go for (deal) @ 2015. Delivery defintly take more 3 - 4 years of time its better to deal before 2015.

What do you think about this ?

Thanks,

I love this man "Gen Kiyani" no doubt about his superb work.

I think Pakistan Army should deal about AH1Z 40- 60 deal with in 1 - 2 years because we if go for (deal) @ 2015. Delivery defintly take more 3 - 4 years of time its better to deal before 2015.

What do you think about this ?

Thanks,

US500m FMS has been budgeted for fiscal year 2011 by the Obama admn for this purpose. at US30m/per helo, thats 16 super cobras. it shd go through IMO.

US500m FMS has been budgeted for fiscal year 2011 by the Obama admn for this purpose. at US30m/per helo, thats 16 super cobras. it shd go through IMO.

Fatman kindly telme what about cost of 40 AH 1Z ? what is the actual cost of one single AH1Z ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom