What's new

Cobra Helicopter AH-1F SQD Transferred to Pakistan

I think that its a good move , finally that we have recieved some proper help against the war on terrorist

I think if US really think they have probbly 50-80 helicopters sitting there in docks , in storage rusting , instead of these vehicles and A10 planes being in storage why not give these to us

We are Nato Allies and we are engaged in joint operations

we are building UAV together sharing intelligence so really

80 Cobras + 20 A-10 Thunderbolts are perfect for our ground units to move into afghanistan and launch a decicive battler before mid term elections

Becaue if we get these now may be in 1-2 months time we can probbly capture 90% of the remaining rougue elements and close down the cross border terrorism influx

In my personal opinion i'm really pissed of from these americans they always expect the maximum results and dosen't wants to give us more mordern hardware....they are just using us :angry:

How is PA cleaning Pakistan of all the terrorists that have fortified themselves in NWFP a job for Americans?? PA is simply doing work for Pakistan and not USA.

there is already a thread opened for this topic under PAF section. Mod please merge this thread with the other one..

All these helicopters are in US retirement yards,

Why not give all these helicopters and A10 crafts to Pakistan Army

What good are these doing sitting in desert rusting away ??
Let us use these

At least lets use these in joint effort against something our armies are fighting against ...

Really its a point to consider ... :usflag::pakistan:

80 Cobras + 20 A10 ...

How is PA cleaning Pakistan of all the terrorists that have fortified themselves in NWFP a job for Americans?? PA is simply doing work for Pakistan and not USA.

Sir you forgot that during the First Afghan war, the USA created the Al Qaeda, so they started all this mess.

Secondly, you forgot that the war WoT in Afghanistan, push the Taliban into the safe havens of Pakistan through the porous borders. So again, not really our problem eh?

If you missed the line in which i clearly stated that we are doing this war for Pakistani and U.S interests then it's not my fault. We are giving a suply route to nato forces, we have helped U.S. in the starting when they invaded Afghanistan and till now we are helping them. if you don't remember most of these problems which we are facing now days is bcz of U.S. and in part bcz of our other enemies too. The terrorists continue to cross the border from Afghanistan into Pakistan to destabilize our regions and the nato forces aren't able or better to say just don't want to block these crossings bcz it's easy for them to leave all the difficult work for PA.:angry:

Geo News is reporting "Jadeed Tareen AH-1S" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jordan has been operating AH-1Fs. It seems that Jordan was fed up with that old helos and USA facilitated a way out making a win win situation both for Jordan and Pakistan.

This only shows how cunning USA is. by providing Pakistan 25 years old machines. I am sure these Jordanian Cobras must have logged 2000-3000 hours, thus subjecting every part of helo to fatigue. Now Pakistan Army has to see how much potential is remaining in these used machines, and how best we can utilize them. when it says a squadron, we may assume 15-20 helos. The report is not complete, and more details are required. it does not mention in which condition they are transferred. What Pakistan should have done that ask USA to get all theses transferred helos complete refurbished at a USA facility, so that they get new/overhauled engines, Transmissions, geraboxes, flight controls, hydraulics etc, and then helicopters must have been transferred to us, as it happen in 2007, when USA gave 12 refurb helos out of its stored Cobra stock. well we are waiting for details on this subject.:smokin:

Geo News is reporting "Jadeed Tareen AH-1S" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jordan has been operating AH-1Fs. It seems that Jordan was fed up with that old helos and USA facilitated a way out making a win win situation both for Jordan and Pakistan.

This only shows how cunning USA is. by providing Pakistan 25 years old machines. I am sure these Jordanian Cobras must have logged 2000-3000 hours, thus subjecting every part of helo to fatigue. Now Pakistan Army has to see how much potential is remaining in these used machines, and how best we can utilize them. when it says a squadron, we may assume 15-20 helos. The report is not complete, and more details are required. it does not mention in which condition they are transferred. What Pakistan should have done that ask USA to get all theses transferred helos complete refurbished at a USA facility, so that they get new/overhauled engines, Transmissions, geraboxes, flight controls, hydraulics etc, and then helicopters must have been transferred to us, as it happen in 2007, when USA gave 12 refurb helos out of its stored Cobra stock. well we are waiting for details on this subject.:smokin:

These are not gonna be Jordanian Helos, hopefully.

US has stored a lot of military equipment in many middle eastern and other arab countries to any future military conflict. Jordan, Israel, Qatar and some other are few of the examples where equipment in reserve is placed.

In the Syrian-Lebanon tension a few years ago, the US agreed to transfer Cobra helicopters to Lebanon from its war reserves stationed at Jordan on emergency basis.

So most probably these are those helos which took part in the Iraq War and then stored in Jordan for future use.

These are not gonna be Jordanian AF cobras as Jordan needs themselves.

Here is complete news..

======================================================

Islamabad, March 16 : In a move that is likely to raise temperatures across the border, the US has delivered a squadron of 14 AH-1 Cobra advanced helicopter gunships to Pakistan.

The US has also given $750,000 to update Pakistan Army Aviation's current fleet of Cobra variants like AH-1S, AH-1F, Online news agency reported, quoting sources.

Pakistan has also been assured it would receive the latest AH-1Z variant in phases by 2015, the sources added.

The AH-1 has been supplied by the US America from its Jordan Air Base stock.

The twin blade, single engined gunships have a crew of two, comprising a pilot and a co-pilot or a gunner.

The helicopter is equipped with two 7.62mm multi-barrel guns, two 40mm guns and grenade launchers and can also be equipped with 70mm rockets.

The helicopters, which can fly at a speed of 352 km per hour, weigh 2,754 kilograms.

Copyright Indo Asian News
=======================================================

Super Cobra will deliver in 2015 and Taimi is right about US stock in middle east.

If you missed the line in which i clearly stated that we are doing this war for Pakistani and U.S interests then it's not my fault. We are giving a suply route to nato forces, we have helped U.S. in the starting when they invaded Afghanistan and till now we are helping them. if you don't remember most of these problems which we are facing now days is bcz of U.S. and in part bcz of our other enemies too. The terrorists continue to cross the border from Afghanistan into Pakistan to destabilize our regions and the nato forces aren't able or better to say just don't want to block these crossings bcz it's easy for them to leave all the difficult work for PA.:angry:

Dude.. I am not suggesting that US should not help Pakistan. I am simply saying that the mess that PA is clearing is in Pakistan and is Pakistan's problem. Whatever help you get from US is bonus.. But for Pakistan's progress its imperitive for you to clear this area of Pakistan infested by terror groups..

US transfers Cobra helicopters to Pakistan

ISLAMABAD: The United States has delivered a squadron of 14 AH-1 Cobra advanced helicopter gunships to Pakistan, Geo News reported Tuesday.

According to details, the AH1-F Cobra helicopter gunships, equipped for night flying, has been supplied by the US from its Jordan Air Base stock.

The helicopters were handed over to Pakistan Army Aviation

http://thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=100883

once again peanuts for the price of our blood?
:tdown:

It did state latest Cobra models from 2015 , so its a proper move but I think US can give us more of the old cobras and A10 units to support the army

76785c922ea73a300730bc42b189039f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom