What's new

CIA director resigns

Sashan

Reaction score
CIA director David Petraeus submits resignation over extramarital affair

CIA director David Petraeus submits resignation over extramarital affair – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Updated at 3:17 p.m.] Shortly before Petraeus' resignation was announced, White House press secretary Jay Carney told reporters that "the president thinks Gen. Petraeus has done an excellent job."

When asked about the general's job status, Carney reiterated that President Obama approves of the job done by the CIA director while adding, "I don't have personnel announcements to make from here today."

[Updated at 3:13 p.m.] Petraeus issued a statement announcing his resignation, saying, "After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair.

"Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours. This afternoon, the president graciously accepted my resignation."

Wow. That is a shocker.

He was the leading American General who came up with the Surge Stategy in Iraq and then was incharge of CENTCOM and then War in Afghanistan and then head of CIA.

Why the hell would he resign over his extra-maritial affair.

Clinton didn't resign over his affair.

Wow. That is a shocker.

He was the leading American General who came up with the Surge Stategy in Iraq and then was incharge of CENTCOM and then War in Afghanistan and then head of CIA.

No one cares for someone's personal life as seen in Clinton's affair. Not sure why he has to resign - unfortunately one less talented official.

Wow. That is a shocker.

I am thinking it has something to do with the Libyan attack and regarding the congressional investigation.

David Petraeus i still remenber this guy from the days when he was running the war in Afghanistan. There was an incident where 64 people got killed including large numbers of children's in Afghanistan that has cost some considerable controversy. General Petraeus then suggested that the Afghan parents killed and burned their own children's just so that they can make him look bad.

Petraeus's comments on coalition attack reportedly offend Karzai government

paula-broadwell.jpg

Paula Broadwell, the woman behind the scene. A honey trap for an old man?

No one cares for someone's personal life as seen in Clinton's affair. Not sure why he has to resign - unfortunately one less talented official.

Salut, during an ongoing war, if an officer/high level public official commits these act may distract/distort the image of the public institution. What he did was disgraceful and must resign as per protocol.

Wow. That is a shocker.

Obama is the President so he can pretty much get him to resign no matter what. He wasn't arrested for this.

He reisigned because if he couldnt keep his own basics secret how is he expected to guard nations secrets?

Wow, his wife looks so old. She looks like Susan Boyle.

No wonder he cheated on her. :D

Back
Top Bottom