What's new

Choppergate raises question marks over Dassault's re-entry into MMRCA

Cancellation of this deal will force IAF to go for atleast 150+ Lca Mk2 if not more as they won't be left with any other option....

I completly agree with these journos and activist like Arundhati Roy are more dangerous for our security then pakistan...

LCA MK-II ? LMAO are you serious ? It's FOC which is highly doubtful, is 2018. Then if the production line starts, it will take atleast 3 years to ramp up the production.

India will be inducting 2 fighters simultaneously one topn Notch FGFA and other just barely crossed the finishing line fighter.. :lol:

LCA MK-II ? LMAO are you serious ? It's FOC which is highly doubtful, is 2018. Then if the production line starts, it will take atleast 3 years to ramp up the production.

India will be inducting 2 fighters simultaneously one topn Notch FGFA and other just barely crossed the finishing line fighter.. :lol:

IAF will go for 220/250 LCA mark-2(if delivered as promised; evenif we induct Rafale and FGFA at the same time.
LCA mark-2 will come around 2017/18,
Rafale induction will be on peak at the same time and FGFA in final stages.

LCA is required to complete low end requirements and to achieve the desired SQUD strength of 40+

Pathetic. Just like the artillery we should just buy F 18 through FMS and induct LCA in whatever form it is. I doubt the competence of this Govt to do any better.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-bofors-bogey-adopt-indigenous-us-routes.html

India will no go for US fighter planes ever, and we all know the reaon for it. The biggest and the graviest concern right now we have is we have some or the other issue to delay our defense modernization whether it is internal or external.

I just want the UPA govt to get out. they are the biggest threat to this nation.

India will no go for US fighter planes ever, and we all know the reaon for it. The biggest and the graviest concern right now we have is we have some or the other issue to delay our defense modernization whether it is internal or external.

I just want the UPA govt to get out. they are the biggest threat to this nation.

Nobody is permanent friend or enemy in international politics.

We might get surprise in N-MMRCA if US really mean what they are saying.
I prefer Rafael M over F-18SHs but if US give us the best offer we aren't going to deny it.

Nobody is permanent friend or enemy in international politics.

I prefer Rafael M over F-18SHs but if US give us the best offer we aren't going to deny it.

Consider it for IAC2, I wont be surprised. But you gotta rememeber one thing, still they will insist on CISMOA, LSA and all kind of other no TOT stuff (its so advanced that they cant). I dont see that happening soon.
However for other platforms like non tactical stuff, you can see US is the best in business with P8is and boing or even LM.

There are other things to it about why India and US will have tough time, just consider Nuke deal and why US companies wont do business yet.

and Yes Rafale M is a much better choice in our conditions. I just hope that this deal gets signed with Dassult sooon!.

Great, I knew it was only a natter of time before this nonsense found its way to the MMRCA.

Jesus, this BS allegation has drawn two completely different procurements together. These loudmouths are now going to cost India, expect delays on the signing now.

Seriously the Indian media is an utter shambles and I am inclined to think this writer has been paid by some invested party in the MMRCA competion.

I am sick and tired of these a-holes delaying critical deals based on pure hear-say and ignorance, where is the proffesionalism??!!

All this is compounded by a thoroughly selfish and spineless defence minister who will happily see deals delayed or even scrapped resulting,potentially, on the deaths if Indian military personal target than take a discretionary decision.

+afaik it was NEVER confirmed that the Rafale had been kicked out of the competion at any stage. Then again it was a case of pure BS media allegations that came to nothing.

Relax buddy, India has 100s of Media houses with Newspaper publications & News Channels. They have to keep the DRAMA of MMRCA alive to get there Bread & Butter.

But the Good thing is that, our Bureaucracy doesn't work on whims & fancies of these Media outlets or on the emotions of the people.

Talks on the deal are going on as i write this.

Mid - 2013 it is, just look out for it.

Consider it for IAC2, I wont be surprised. But you gotta rememeber one thing, still they will insist on CISMOA, LSA and all kind of other no TOT stuff (its so advanced that they cant). I dont see that happening soon.

As I said if they really mean what they said. US said it want india to be a partner in a lot more effective manner and want India to play a role in SA
Well I will not say F-18SH as top knotch tech. As USA will be closing their production lines soon and replace them with F-35s. So it's win win for both sides

However for other platforms like non tactical stuff, you can see US is the best in business with P8is and boing or even LM.
cuz these things are better and cheaper. They won fare and square. Not dude to political interference

There are other things to it about why India and US will have tough time, just consider Nuke deal and why US companies wont do business yet.
cuz they want lesser responsibility in the case if mishap. And India after the Bhopal incident not willing to loose the norms to anybody.
and Yes Rafale M is a much better choice in our conditions. I just hope that this deal gets signed with Dassult sooon!.

Definalty but if US offer us SH at competitive price and tot then who knows. It will be a commercial tender after all. SH can beat Rafael on price anyday plus US will be closing the production lines so if they don't see India as a threat they can transfer it to India :D wild dream but its one possibility ;)

Don't expect to see a 2nd MMRCA competition here, since this is a very different deal. IN only send out an RFI to see what the possibilities could be, but at the end the deal is too small, won't be a licence production and might have other priorities anyway (catapults). I still expect a combined deal with the US and not a real competition where the Rafale/Dassault might bring in their advantages.

Cancellation of this deal will force IAF to go for atleast 150+ Lca Mk2 if not more as they won't be left with any other option....

I completly agree with these journos and activist like Arundhati Roy are more dangerous for our security then pakistan...

Total BS, they would either go for the 2end lowest bidder (EFT) or restart the deal, but no way that the IAF goes with the Tejas MK2. There is not even a single prototype of this aircraft. Besides it is too light and we wont get much from it, since the MMRCA is not only about the planes but also about technology and bilateral cooperation.

IAF will go for 220/250 LCA mark-2(if delivered as promised; evenif we induct Rafale and FGFA at the same time.
LCA mark-2 will come around 2017/18,
Rafale induction will be on peak at the same time and FGFA in final stages.

LCA is required to complete low end requirements and to achieve the desired SQUD strength of 40+

Give us a source before saying things like that. HAL will be more than busy producing Rafales, FGFA which are beyond anything that has been made by HAL so far, Su 30 MKIs, choppers, and much other stuff. I dont see any room to produce so many Tejas. Unless we spend extremely high amounts of money on their production capabilities.

Total BS, they would either go for the 2end lowest bidder (EFT) or restart the deal, but no way that the IAF goes with the Tejas MK2. There is not even a single prototype of this aircraft. Besides it is too light and we wont get much from it, since the MMRCA is not only about the planes but also about technology and bilateral cooperation.

Give us a source before saying things like that. HAL will be more than busy producing Rafales, FGFA which are beyond anything that has been made by HAL so far, Su 30 MKIs, choppers, and much other stuff. I dont see any room to produce so many Tejas. Unless we spend extremely high amounts of money on their production capabilities.

+1 .. remember the learning curve was pretty demanding in case of Su 30 MKI, and it is now (2010) that the production has really ramped up to decent levels .. freaking 12 years after the deal was signed..

In case of rafale, where the learning curve i must say will be quite steep i dont expect rafale being rolled out fast enough for a long time.

Buddy I have write this in LCA sticky few months ago too. It not from any link or source. I get that from a retired IAF high ranker. You can have your option on that.

I don't get your logic behind HAL being busy and spend on production capabilities. Please explain.
As far as I know HAL built a dedicated production line for planes. Like Nasik has 1/2 for MKIs. Rafael will have one in B'lore. And I don't think any of the production affect the other.

And about FGFA, HAL press conference said they will be making protos of FGFA so guess when it will be going to production. I don't think it will hit production before 2020

why cant we just sign the rafale deal as soon as possible??feel like banging my head.:hitwall::hitwall:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom