What's new

choice for india - nato vs SCO

I third to you.

India closer to SCO membership

Posted: Sat Jun 12 2010,

The Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) on Friday opened the doors for India’s entry into the regional grouping, as it lifted the moratorium on new membership. The SCO, which comprises of China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan, changed the rules 10 years after its inception.

This happened at the SCO summit in the Uzbekistan Capital, which was attended by External Affairs Minister S M Krishna. However, the criteria for new members were not made public. Pakistan and Iran, both SCO observers, are also keen to join the grouping, although there is no clarity on the rules pertaining to UN sanctions which may bar Iran from joining the group.

India, which has been an observer of the SCO since 2005, has always been keen in SCO’s regional anti-terror mechanism and the contact group on Afghanistan.

New Delhi, even as an observer, has been sending Cabinet rank ministers for taking part in the SCO meeting. However, last year, it decided to elevate the level of engagement as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh attended the summit in Ekaterinberg in Russia.

India closer to SCO membership

India , may be will remain as observer only,.But future holds the keys !!:)

can i ask why?

I believe that if both India and Pakistan are allies with the west. Then the likelyhood of a war between these two counties will decrease and both can concerntrate of domestic issues and terrorism.

If we join SCO then we will be bracketed with Russia and China by western countries in every sphere.. Mind you Western counteries have their own problems with both Russia and China... At present India has lots of good will in west.. They resect and suport our progress.. If we join SCO then that support will be lost and they will see us with doubts...

Very good point. Russia/China is already being seen as a bloc and an enemy/competitor of the west. Also, Russia is only a democracy in name only and it has a history of meddling with other countries. I don't even have to go into China. If India join SCO, possibilites of weapons embargo will increase.

LOl that is funny. They can sit together in UNSC, G-20 ,G-8 together but an SCO will be targeted..

Very funny indeed.

its because SCO was designed to exclude US and its allies. It might have a economic charter. But US was denied a observer status a few years back. That make the organization suspicious

Very good point. Russia/China is already being seen as a bloc and an enemy/competitor of the west. Also, Russia is only a democracy in name only and it has a history of meddling with other countries. I don't even have to go into China. If India join SCO, possibilites of weapons embargo will increase.

Bullshit, There was no official statement by anyone saying anything about sales embargoes. Heck, France and Germany who are nato members sells China weapons.

on the flip side you will create an enemy in china, and isloate your closest ally geographically - russia

the money/power is moving to the east, essentially india will have to work against eastern interests in such a scenario because we all know the us want to stop china, am i wrong?

Bullshit, There was no official statement by anyone saying anything about sales embargoes. Heck, France and Germany who are nato members sells China weapons.

I only say the likelyhood becaue it shows which side India is leaning. Also, France and Germany by law cannot sell China weapons as there is an embargo against China.

It would be a huge blunder on the part of India if they don't join SCO.
India previously has done the blunder by forming the Non allign movement

:rofl:

No they don't not since the Tienanmen square massacre...you cannot keep making up things everywhere,

:rofl:

No they don't not since the Tienanmen square massacre...you cannot keep making up things everywhere,

See what I have to deal with constantly. He is just one of several from India that just made up things while constantly accusing me of trolling when I share my view. On the other hand, they come up with false information. Talk about hypocracy.

See what I have to deal with constantly. He is just one of several from India that just made up things while constantly accusing me of trolling when I share my view. On the other hand, they come up with false information. Talk about hypocracy.

Everyone faces such posters here,either report it or ignore them.Reason everyone one accuses u here because your opinions are often either an American stereotype or Chinese stereotype of India or any other issue(really lame ones),There are members here who more derisive about India but sometimes their posts are thought provoking.Until you have something new or an idea everyone can agree upon:wave:

Last edited:

So you realize that you do troll..Good to see that for a change... BTW, I am yet to come across one of your opinions/views which are substantially backed up with any facts/proofs. All you do is post some lame comments on any India specific thread and when u r asked for proofs you chicken away.what does it say about u tell me?? simply that u r here for a troll and post garbage advises/opinions with no reality/facts. For god sake stop acting as an adviser to India and sales man for America, there are far more capable people in the position to deal with such complicated matters so please don't waste ur time here.

Cheers!!!

Everyone faces such posters here,either report it or ignore them.Reason everyone one accuses u here because your opinions are often either an American stereotype or Chinese stereotype of India or any other issue(really lame ones),There are members here who more derisive about India but sometimes their posts are sometimes thought provoking.Until you have something new or an idea everyone can agree upon:wave:

Some of my responses are follow up to outrageous claims from Indians. Such as the statement above. All I said was that we must back up facts or with obvious assertion that is nearly undisputable. For example, certain aspect about India's lack infrastructure, social class tension and corruption are widely accepted. This is not a American stereotype or Chinese stereotype of India. Also, not all Indians are opposed to my view. There is this one Indian who believe that I speak with logic about India to counter many of you guy's dreamy statements. I'll seek his permission to post his appreciation of my view in this thread.

Some of my responses are follow up to outrageous claims from Indians. Such as the statement above. All I said was that we must back up facts or with obvious assertion that is nearly undisputable. For example, certain aspect about India's lack infrastructure, social class tension and corruption are widely accepted. This is not a American stereotype or Chinese stereotype of India. Also, not all Indians are opposed to my view. There is this one Indian who believe that I speak with logic about India to counter many of you guy's dreamy statements. I'll seek his permission to post his appreciation of my view in this thread.

:taz: again nothing but bs statements....

many of ur China's problems are well known....social unrest, tibet, xinxiang, no freedom, executions in thousands, ethnic cleansing, aggressive germany style build up etc etc......care to post similar views about China also......or does it hurt ur little chinese heart.....

@Faithfulguy
It's more than a dozen times you are asking "india"to leave russian camp and and join the western camp, like pakistan did decades ago .kindly explain this too,since you seems to know well about how india would be treated if joined in the western camp
1,Will india be allowed to have defence deals,joint ventures etc with russia like israel have with russia and china?
2,Will india be forced to join any war like pakistan(major non nato ally)was forced to join wot on threat of being bombed to stone age?
3,will usa support india in all future wars even if it is with pakistan?or just leave us alone like you left pakistan alone during previous wars with india
4,Will india be allowed to follow our on weapons programme in development of icbms,mirv,thermonuclear weapons etc like usa allowed other countries in it's camp such as U.k,France etc?
5,You yourself have stated countless times how china and usa are inter-dependent which negates a chance of war between them,if in case of an india-china war will usa offer india full fledged support risking the above mentioned dependence?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom