What's new

Chinese mum's 7kg son 'nation's biggest baby

Hu Jintao

New Recruit

Reaction score
A boy weighing more than 7kg has been born in China, potentially making him the heaviest baby in the nation's history.

Chun Chun and his 29-year-old mother Wang Yujuan are both reportedly in good health after the birth on Saturday in Xinxiang City, Henan province.

Yujuan, who has a six-year-old daughter, told Xinxiang TV she sensed something special was on its way.

"I clearly felt that my body was more clumsy than when I had been pregnant with my daughter," she said.

"My belly was bigger than it was then. I guessed the baby would be between 4.5 and 5kgs. I never expected to hear that he weighs 7kgs".

His father told local TV his wife was "not different from other pregnant women".

"She ate and drank normally as she should. But she's given birth to such a big, fat son," he said.

The couple's six-year-old daughter weighed just over 4kg when she was born.

Shang Lili, head of the obstetrics department at the hospital where Chun Chun was born, said the baby was "twice as heavy" as a normal newborn.

Between 2008 and 2010 three babies were reportedly born in China weighing exactly 7kg, tying for the national record.

At 7.04kg Chun Chun seems to have snared the title of China's heaviest baby, although this has not been officially confirmed.

The heaviest baby on record worldwide was born in the US state of Ohio in 1879 and weighed 10.8kg.

resizer.aspx

Chinese mum's 7kg son 'nation's biggest baby'

Chinese giving tuff competition... Indian delivered 11 kids in one go and this Chinese mum's delivered a 7kg son equivalent to 11 kids....:D

Chun Chun's parents wants him to be a sumo wrestler :rofl: :rofl:

Chun Chun ur welcome on this planet earth. :D

I am sure within 2-3 years you will join PDF :woot: :enjoy:

We have lots of ur kids from your country on PDF :lol:

All in good faith :wave:

God... He is sooo cute, hope his weight does not couse helth issues. What a little cutiee

Back
Top Bottom