What's new

Chinese is the new English

it is. we dont need anyone's approval for elitism.

well everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. I would have preferred Chinese be internationalised, whether you like it or not!
lol so you are so self confident in China to believe you are an elite ?

it is not about i like it or not. you are such elite that you didn't get what i mean.
i just explained that i am Iranian speaking farsi... man i never thought farsi could be an elite language or worst should be international language

language is for communication. language is not a tool for some sicky people who believe they are superior.
language allows people to communicate , so since we already have English for this purpose (and as i said i didn't like the English language, i prefer French or even Arabic) i just accept it as a fact and i am pleased we can understand each other ...
for exemple in this forum

get it mr superior ?

i got a trip to Toulouse a few days ago to see a friend. And he was a Chinese speaking in his language saying Chinese were smarter than in any country in the world. My friend who understands says me this (he is from Laos) and said he wanted to kick his ***.
as they say here, only nazis thought they were superior ... and you see how they finished ;)

this guy was making ten times less studies than me and is from a richer family than me.
but still he is mr superior because he is Chinese. what a joke .

lol so you are so self confident in China to believe you are an elite ?

no problems in having self confidence

it is not about i like it or not. you are such elite that you didn't get what i mean.
i just explained that i am Iranian speaking farsi... man i never thought farsi could be an elite language or worst should be international language

you are entitled to your interpretation

language is for communication. language is not a tool for some sicky people who believe they are superior.

Mind you words! we are believing in our language. If you dont agree that is fine but dont call anyone "sicky" because of their own belief and confidence

language allows people to communicate , so since we already have English for this purpose (and as i said i didn't like the English language, i prefer French or even Arabic) i just accept it as a fact and i am pleased we can understand each other ...
for exemple in this forum

dont repeat what you have said, boring!

get it mr superior ?

our language is superior! you can take it or leave it! Get it!?!

@Hussein

you can call the Persian language or any other language as elite but I wont attack you as "sicky" because no one is to be blamed for their superfluous love of their own language and culture!

Last edited by a moderator:
i got a trip to Toulouse a few days ago to see a friend. And he was a Chinese speaking in his language saying Chinese were smarter than in any country in the world. My friend who understands says me this (he is from Laos) and said he wanted to kick his ***.
as they say here, only nazis thought they were superior ... and you see how they finished ;)

this guy was making ten times less studies than me and is from a richer family than me.
but still he is mr superior because he is Chinese. what a joke .

Well, I hope that person is not representative of most Chinese people (I don't know so I can't comment on that). But remember there are many people in the West who also think they are superior to others. In other countries as well you will find such idiots.

Chinese is waay too complex and only reason it is significant is due to the bloated Chinese population.

I doubt it will make headway anytime soon. Spanish, French have to be overtaken first internationally.

Plus the lack of Chinese soft power mkes it even less popular, people look at the lyrics to Gungnam style and Japanese songs.

no problems in having self confidence

you are entitled to your interpretation

Mind you words! we are believing in our language. If you dont agree that is fine but dont call anyone "sicky" because of their own belief and confidence

dont repeat what you have said, boring!

our language is superior! you can take it or leave it! Get it!?!

@Hussein

you can call the Persian language or any other language as elite but I wont attack you as "sicky" because no one is to be blamed for their superfluous love of their own language and culture!

Do you believe people who do not know Chinese are inferior to people who do know Chinese? Do you believe people who decide not to learn Chinese are inferior?

Do you believe the most dabauched Chinese criminal is superior to A scientist who does not speak Mandarin or any regional Chinese dialect?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you believe people who do not know Chinese are inferior to people who do know Chinese? Do you believe people who decide not to learn Chinese are inferior?

Oh where in my posts above said that

I only support the claim that Chinese is an elite language

Do you believe the most dabauched Chinese criminal is superior to A scientist who does not speak Mandarin or any regional Chinese dialect?

there are criminals everywhere. in the case of Chinese criminals who speak Chinese, this group of people are tarnishing and wasting the gift that our culture and civilization have given him

The foreign scientists can be non-Chinese speakers and whether they view Chinese as an elite language or not is up to their own experience and interpretation

Dialect is a part of our language. It is not perfect but most of the speakers can communicate in standard Putonghua. No barriers in writing.

This is one key driving engine promoting our language and culture to the world:

4 more Confucius Institutes open |Society |chinadaily.com.cn

Updated: 2013-04-13 01:23
By Joseph Boris in Washington and Liu Yuhan in Boston ( China Daily)

The opening of Confucius Institutes in New York and Washington in the past week brings a key part of China's "soft power" initiative to the United States.

Chinese and US dignitaries opened the first Confucius Institute in the US capital on Wednesday, expressing hope for a flowering of cooperation in education.

George Washington University became the latest campus in the US to host an outpost of China's primary project for spreading Chinese language and culture abroad.

University President Steven Knapp said the mission of the first Confucius Institute in the District of Columbia will be to educate professionals from the many US government agencies, international organizations and nonprofit groups that surround the campus, while also providing "invaluable cultural and educational exchange and enlightenment of our students and faculty".

The new institute, which will begin offering non-credit classes this fall, is the product of an alliance formed in recent years between George Washington University and Nanjing University.

"This is not a new partnership. This is meant to be here," Peg Barratt, dean of GWU's Columbian College of Arts and Sciences, said on Wednesday.

Confucius Institutes are an initiative of China's central government that began in 2004 to promote Chinese language and culture in other countries.

The program is administered by the Chinese National Office for Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language, known by the Chinese acronym Hanban.

With the opening at GWU, one at New York's Columbia University on Tuesday and others in Georgia and Colorado in the past week, the number of Confucius Institutes in the US is nearing 100. In addition there are over 300 "Confucius classrooms" in the US, operating mainly as an extracurricular activity in schools.

Reinforcing the high-profile nature of its particular institute, the GWU opening featured the attendance of Hanban's top official, Director-General Xu Lin.

Xu can't attend every grand opening - there are about 400 Confucius Institutes around the world - but she had a busy itinerary in the US in the past week.

After the George Washington and Columbia ceremonies, she presided at the formal dedication of Confucius Institutes on Thursday and Friday, respectively, at the all-women's Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia, and Colorado State University.

On Monday, Xu addressed the National Chinese Language Conference in Boston.

In Washington, she said Hanban and its university-level and other partners intend to focus as much on cultural exchanges as introductory language classes. Xu described Confucius Institutes as being "like a window, like a stage, like a bridge, to help people use their own eyes" in understanding China and its language, culture and history.

Cai Chunying in Washington contributed to this story.

Oh where in my posts above said that

I only support the claim that Chinese is an elite language

there are criminals everywhere. in the case of Chinese criminals who speak Chinese, this group of people are tarnishing and wasting the gift that our culture and civilization have given him

The foreign scientists can be non-Chinese speakers and whether they view Chinese as an elite language or not is up to their own experience and interpretation

Dialect is a part of our language. It is not perfect but most of the speakers can communicate in standard Putonghua. No barriers in writing.
Didn't mao and the CCP do all they could to eradicate worthless culture?

Didn't mao and the CCP do all they could to eradicate worthless culture?

something in the past can be erroneous No country is perfect

Mao is human and as such, like many politicians in the world he is prone to make judgements which can be found to have better alternatives

Chinese learn english ...come to this forum, speak in english and claim we are going to learn chinese .....its funny :lol: ........also pathetic :P

something in the past can be erroneous No country is perfect

Mao is human and as such, like many politicians in the world he is prone to make judgements which can be found to have better alternatives
Just saying is all. I actually believe without him and the brutal policies China would not have modernized, all earlier "nice" attempts failed.

Chinese learn english ...come to this forum, speak in english and claim we are going to learn chinese .....its funny :lol: ........also pathetic :P

just because PDF has a strict decorum for english or otherwise we would have talked in Chinese without getting penalised

on another fold, why not! Acquiring a foreign language skill is an asset!

Just saying is all. I actually believe without him and the brutal policies China would not have modernized, all earlier "nice" attempts failed.

Only in hindsight! But unlike a control environment in a lab-test, nothing in history can be 100% dupicated. The same policies have happened under many western rulers too - even nowadays which go beyond border lines! You should be well aware of those!

just because PDF has a strict decorum for english or otherwise we would have talked in Chinese without getting penalised

on another fold, why not! Acquiring a foreign language skill is an asset!

Do talk in chinese, only on one will understand you, nor will they bother to find out what you are saying :china: ..................That is how important chinese is !

BTW lots of Indian and pakistanis speak in urdu and hindi in this forum without getting penalised :P

Do talk in chinese, only on one will understand you, nor will they bother to find out what you are saying :china: ..................That is how important chinese is !

BTW lots of Indian and pakistanis speak in urdu and hindi in this forum without getting penalised :P

that is the forum bias

threads and postings on strict Chinese dialogues get warned or deleted numerous times

Back
Top Bottom