What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

Sorry to ask, but why do You repost this image ??? It was already posted on 11. November last year !

Some nice close up pictures of J-11BS with domestic "Taihang" engines
7aGwbug.jpg
NcRTeEW.jpg
3ja1tFF.jpg
An0Twhf.jpg
ArkEfCY.jpg

Sp9A0qN.jpg
JvjOBog.jpg
KiC5I8D.jpg

Why do You always start a new thread if an already existing one fits exactly this topic ???

And what will happen withe A models ?

Good question ... most likely they will be reassigned to other units or - as in case with the latest J-10A to B conversions - a new regiment will convert to the older airframes. However I'm not sure.

Maybe it depends also on how much airframe-live these older models still have, if they will - or even can - be modernised thru an MLU to maybe the J-11D ??? I don't know.

Anyone else with more insight here ?

Deino

Good question ... most likely they will be reassigned to other units or - as in case with the latest J-10A to B conversions - a new regiment will convert to the older airframes. However I'm not sure.

Maybe it depends also on how much airframe-live these older models still have, if they will - or even can - be modernised thru an MLU to maybe the J-11D ??? I don't know.

Anyone else with more insight here ?

Deino

The shape of the radar dome is different on J-10A. Would it cause problems if they tried to directly transplant the AESA radar from J-10C to J-10A.

The shape of the radar dome is different on J-10A. Would it cause problems if they tried to directly transplant the AESA radar from J-10C to J-10A.
It depends on what kind of problems are you asking about.

An AESA antenna is non-moving, so that should rule out any clearance issues. As long as internal volume is sufficient, fitment will be fine.

Mathematically speaking, it is possible to reconfigure the beam shaping to the radome's dimensions, also in mathematical terms, to compensate for any inevitable deviations. But generally speaking, real world testing must be done and that mean putting the new radome under comprehensive testing before making the actual upgrade.

I do not fully understand the relationship to J-1A to C here but overall I think - at least wanted to say - that an MLU for these older J-11As could be an option.
If this is then a J-11B-equivalent or a much deeper modrnisation to maybe even J-11D I don't know .... ?

Besides this: any news on the J-11D behind ? Will it be introduced into PLAAF service?...and if YES, will these new-build models or is the D an MLU-package for older versions?

Deino

I do not fully understand the relationship to J-1A to C here but overall I think - at least wanted to say - that an MLU for these older J-11As could be an option.
If this is then a J-11B-equivalent or a much deeper modrnisation to maybe even J-11D I don't know .... ?

Besides this: any news on the J-11D behind ? Will it be introduced into PLAAF service?...and if YES, will these new-build models or is the D an MLU-package for older versions?

Deino

So far three prototypes being put through test flights

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom