What's new

Chinese find India a potential partner unlike Japan-Leo Wang

All very well if japan is your natural partner then why having all that issues between china and india we are your biggest trading partner and not japan?i also don't get where you got that $100billion investment from is it not a small number can you provide a link ?

It depends on what type of trade it is with China - The trade deficit for India is $40 billion dollars. Rather it would be good for India to sustain itself rather than sending all the dollars to China. In short term, India might struggle but in the long term out of necessity it will manufacture what it needs or look elsewhere.

As for the link, here it is - But a slight correction - the Delhi-Mumbai corridor investment is $100 billion dollars whereas the Chennai-Bangalore dollars is unknown.

Union Budget 2013: Chennai-Bangalore road blueprint dusted off again - Times Of India

We both withdrew from DBO (which India claims is 20 km inside her territory).

No bloodshed, no killings of soldiers, no beheadings and no mutilations.

If that is not peaceful then I don't know how you would characterize your other borders. :no:

What you say is 100% true...but why send troops in...they could have simply asked for a flag meeting and put up their issues for discussion. A section of the Indian media are very good at exploiting sentiments to gain TRP...unlike China the Indian government do have a grip on the media. I still believe it was an unwise decision and bad diplomacy...the whole saga could have been averted. Dunno things at diplomatic levels but the perception of a common Indian would that the Chinese are a threat....or the villain.

Hope something wise would be done by both sides to build trust...and sending in troops definitely is not the way to do it.

What you say is 100% true...but why send troops in...they could have simply asked for a flag meeting and put up their issues for discussion. A section of the Indian media are very good at exploiting sentiments to gain TRP...unlike China the Indian government do have a grip on the media. I still believe it was an unwise decision and bad diplomacy...the whole saga could have been averted. Dunno things at diplomatic levels but the perception of a common Indian would that the Chinese are a threat....or the villain.

Hope something wise would be done by both sides to build trust...and sending in troops definitely is not the way to do it.

The Indian side made the first move by setting up fixed posts (bunkers) along the LAC.

In response we set up tents along the LAC, hardly an escalation.

The Indian media went crazy with the issue, unlike the Indian government, the Chinese government, and the International media, who took it for what it was - a difference in perceptions over the LAC. If these media houses want to go crazy with this issue in order to earn media ratings and sell more papers (TRP), that's their own business.

Chinese are hypocrites as they like to build up various defence infrastructure on their side of the LOC but when we start responding in kind they use these types of tactics and cry foul!

It depends on what type of trade it is with China - The trade deficit for India is $40 billion dollars. Rather it would be good for India to sustain itself rather than sending all the dollars to China. In short term, India might struggle but in the long term out of necessity it will manufacture what it needs or look elsewhere.

As for the link, here it is - But a slight correction - the Delhi-Mumbai corridor investment is $100 billion dollars whereas the Chennai-Bangalore dollars is unknown.

Union Budget 2013: Chennai-Bangalore road blueprint dusted off again - Times Of India

No where in that article said japan is investing $100 billion for that project

If China and India ever sign an alliance or a security pact, it will probably be the most powerful alliance mankind has ever seen.

Indians should take the Chinese olive branch and stop thinking it will give China a military, territorial and an economic leverage over them.

At the speed science and technology is moving right in front of our eyes today, I can't help but imagine whether the borders we have today, for which so many die, would have any meaning or relevance in a few hundred years time. Allahu Alam.

Indians are full of sh@t where did we built various defence infrastructure on our side of LOC

We have eyes in the sky we can see all that happens on your section not to mention the Pentagon defence report which I would advice you to read before speaking.

The report itself notes PLA has replaced its older liquid-fuelled, nuclear-capable CSS-2 intermediate range ballistic missiles with the "more advanced" solid-fuelled CSS-5 medium-range ballistic missile systems along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) to "strengthen its deterrent posture" against India.

China can now move over 30 divisions (each with over 15,000 soldiers) to the LAC within a month to outnumber Indian forces by at least three-is-to-one due to the huge military infrastructure build-up in Tibet.

US has the most sophisticated network of Military satellites which can see the massive Chinese build up across the LOC, India must respond to this to make sure we are not caught sleeping!

We have eyes in the sky we can see all that happens on your section not to mention the Pentagon defence report which I would advice you to read before speaking.

The report itself notes PLA has replaced its older liquid-fuelled, nuclear-capable CSS-2 intermediate range ballistic missiles with the "more advanced" solid-fuelled CSS-5 medium-range ballistic missile systems along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) to "strengthen its deterrent posture" against India.

China can now move over 30 divisions (each with over 15,000 soldiers) to the LAC within a month to outnumber Indian forces by at least three-is-to-one due to the huge military infrastructure build-up in Tibet.

US has the most sophisticated network of Military satellites which can see the massive Chinese build up across the LOC, India must respond to this to make sure we are not caught sleeping!

chill out bro. next time its just we Indians, Russians n Chinese who gonna de fang terrorists with nukes in te region and make our way to arbistan on white horses. :D believe me thts the bigger game paln of the region, even US can do jack shyt abt it.

The following stand in the way of a true Chinese Indian strategic relationship:

Chinese military assistance to Pakistan
The Tibet issue and everything that goes with it (Indian assistance to the Tibetan diaspora)
China's increasingly aggressive posturing throughout Asia
India's massive distrust of Chinese intentions due to the 1962 war

There are probably more reasons, these were just off the top of my head.

If China and India ever sign an alliance or a security pact, it will probably be the most powerful alliance mankind has ever seen.

Indians should take the Chinese olive branch and stop thinking it will give China a military, territorial and an economic leverage over them.

At the speed science and technology is moving right in front of our eyes today, I can't help but imagine whether the borders we have today, for which so many die, would have any meaning or relevance in a few hundred years time. Allahu Alam.

bhai khairiyat se toh hai .. itna sensible posts kabse karne laga bhai tu ? :D

The Indian side made the first move by setting up fixed posts (bunkers) along the LAC.

In response we set up tents along the LAC, hardly an escalation.

The Indian media went crazy with the issue, unlike the Indian government, the Chinese government, and the International media, who took it for what it was - a difference in perceptions over the LAC. If these media houses want to go crazy with this issue in order to earn media ratings and sell more papers (TRP), that's their own business.

Still a move that has damaged ties badly. No one in India will quickly forget this incident. The military build up on the Chinese border will only get accelerated as a result. The damage is deep & will probably affect relations (no matter who smiles at what meeting & the platitudes they mouth) for a very long time. The fact that India was seriously thinking of sanctioning Chinese imports is indicative of the damage caused. China may have got its point across but at a cost that will prove not inconsiderable. Pointless if China did want to improve relations with India, unwise because Indian politicians will now, more than ever, share the security establishment's view that China is a problem.

Still a move that has damaged ties badly. No one in India will quickly forget this incident. The military build up on the Chinese border will only get accelerated as a result. The damage is deep & will probably affect relations (no matter who smiles at what meeting & the platitudes they mouth) for a very long time. The fact that India was seriously thinking of sanctioning Chinese imports is indicative of the damage caused. China may have got its point across but at a cost that will prove not inconsiderable. Pointless if China did want to improve relations with India, unwise because Indian politicians will now, more than ever, share the security establishment's view that China is a problem.

Yes, and it was a move started by India. As both sides agree that India was the first one to set up fixed posts along the LAC.

As for "thinking" about sanctioning Chinese imports, go ahead. You already have an enormous trade deficit to us, if you think sanctions will help your trade deficit then why not?

Yes, and it was a move started by India. As both sides agree that India was the first one to set up fixed posts along the LAC.

We can argue about that till the cows come home, you will have your perception & I, mine. Which was way I avoided that bit in my post.

As for "thinking" about sanctioning Chinese imports, go ahead. You already have an enormous trade deficit to us, if you think sanctions will help your trade deficit then why not?

I believe it got some serious consideration & it would help the trade deficit anyway(why the confusion? You export more to us, so who loses?). China has more to lose in any trade war with India (regardless of its overall impact) because of the skewed nature of such a trade. I don't think the government will follow through on that now but quite simply, imo, it was a terrible move on China's part & all those advocating for closer ties with China in India are now very silent. The long term effects of this will be very chilling on ties.

Economic ties with China will be watched closer and I would not be surprised to see exclusion of China's companies in many areas, even more than the present.

We can argue about that till the cows come home, you will have your perception & I, mine. Which was way I avoided that bit in my post.

I believe it got some serious consideration & it would help the trade deficit anyway(why the confusion? You export more to us, so who loses?). China has more to lose in any trade war with India (regardless of its overall impact) because of the skewed nature of such a trade. I don't think the government will follow through on that now but quite simply, imo, it was a terrible move on China's part & all those advocating for closer ties with China in India are now very silent. The long term effects of this will be very chilling on ties.

Economic ties with China will be watched closer and I would not be surprised to see exclusion of China's companies in many areas, even more than the present.

If you think it can help your economy overall, then you should do it regardless of any other political issues.

Back
Top Bottom