What's new

Chinese City seeks to banish Muslim Veil!!

Well in other threads when the west banned veil there was a hue and cue over the decision by pakistani members !!
Now they are reacting there is nothing wrong in it just because this incident took place in china ~!!!

listen we are not banning it we just discourage wearing them for security reasons and if anything muslim and minority in china is well look after by the chinese government more than han chinese, you tell me any country in the world do that.

That's true. Even the Islamic republic of Iran considers face veils as non-Islamic and bans women from wearing it in public because it prevents the police and security forces from identification although I've heard that some women from Arab origin in south of Iran wear Niqab; don't know if that's right or not. It's more like an Arab tradition than an Islamic thing.

About China, China isn't an Islamophobic country and it has never discriminated Muslims because of their religion as far as I know.

alas ...u guys dnt use this open mind if any European country does this ..it gets open only when its related to china..double standards..lage raho munna bhai...:devil:

listen we are not banning it we just discourage wearing them for security reasons and if anything muslim and minority in china is well look after by the chinese government more than han chinese, you tell me any country in the world do that.

Dude am supporting china in this regard !!
This s ur land, ur country can put any laws for ur citizens !!!
But am just saying about the attitude of some pakistani members in the forum !!!
Just see other similar threads!!

So Islam fobia have reached the land of atheists???????

Jumping up and down, you show that your Indian mindset is very funny. :lol:

Did you read this?

"Hou Hanmin, a Xinjiang government spokeswoman, told Reuters she was not aware of the notice, but that generally people in the region were free to wear what they wanted, including ethnic minorities."

Or maybe you are illiterate, or you are selective blind due to your hatred against China.

LOL!

The funnier thing is that even the Chinese officials are not aware of the "regulations", westerneres and some Indians are starting to get excited, and agitated.

What a joke!

I need to make a correction. I don't think the government should ban the face veil, but the Islamic community needs to have a debate within themselves, & the highest Islamic bodies should declare it as un-Islamic. I would not like Islam to be associated with the face veil & other sources of suppression. Anyone that believes in Islam & its true spirit knows Islam is a source of liberation: it liberates people, it doesn't suppress & oppress them. The face veil is a source of suppression, & goes against the true spirit of Islam. This is what I think.

Do you also don't agree with Pakistan blasphemy law? Just to see if you have same standard for all, or one for yourself and another for others.

Yes sure.... I say at max they should be fined or put in jail... but no death sentence...

Its not only about facial veil but a campaign to discourage veils and growing long beards in a bid to “dilute religious consciousness”

So its not for Muslim women only even Muslim men can't have long beard.

And Muslim women can't have veil = parda (read again they are talking about the arabian dress i.e. burqa + facial veil both)

My hometown Guangzhou in China has tens of Thousand of Hui/Uyghurs since it is the largest city in the Southeast. I've never seen anybody wearing face veil. They tend to wear a little cap or head scarf, but that's about it.

veil or not to veil women should be given as a choice to do at her own will, in specific areas where there are security concerns it may be banned ,

Every man and women should have access to full human rights , regardless of religion , race , color , country. Humanity is above all respect humanity and humans :) peace.

I think the pakistani friends still not understood the whole scenario:

They are doing this to “dilute religious consciousness” (these are the words mentioned in the news).

And chinese members:

Its not about what allowed in the other parts of china or not its about the particular city in china.

They are doing this to “dilute religious consciousness” (these are the words mentioned in the news).

And chinese members:

Its not about what allowed in the other parts of china or not its about the particular city in china.
Sure Sure - Post all the BS you want - Chinese are not biased against any specific religion.In fact it is internal matter of China and as China does not interfere in internal matters of other countries (Unlike some other countries) don't expect anyone to believe your BS.Look you can try all day long to brainwash Pakistanis against Chinese but it just wouldn't work.Few extremists might buy your BS( Then again these extremists hate anything that is not according to their views).

And chinese members:

Pakistan is not the bastion of Islam (or for the Muslims around the world), neither does it claim to be one.

Back
Top Bottom