What's new

China's truck maker signs investment MOU with India

Nobody said anything about liking or disliking, but there is something called economic strategy and geopolitical strategy the two do intertwine. Your free to come up with a better reason.

I dont know any Companies in world that would Investing in a country looking at Geopolitical strategy...Businessmen do Business for there profit not for geopolitical strategy of there country....

What else can he do?

Even India and Pakistan do business with each other. They are doing business with their "worst enemies".

What else can he do?

Still upset about my posts and information about the Chinese spacewalk mission...lol It's understandable have a nice day chap.

My friend there is nothing called Helping in Business...they are Investing cozz they want profit...If it was just for helping why wouldn't they have Invested those money in Pakistan...

the investment came as fixed assets and equipments brought from China, as India's local vendor cannot provide them as they lack of economy of scale technological know-how, when during 80s-90s, western compaies heavily invested in china we percieve those as help, as they were bringing in new technologies and equipments and way of management into china so we had the chance to learn then to improve ourselves``the same thing applies here`

so in this case you can say china is helping india

My friend there is nothing called Helping in Business...they are Investing cozz they want profit...If it was just for helping why wouldn't they have Invested those money in Pakistan...

my friend we do investing in pakistan too, and dont you agreed this kind of investment will creat jobs and opertunities for indians?

the investment came as fixed assets and equipments brought from China, as India's local vendor cannot provide them as they lack of economy of scale technological know-how, when during 80s-90s, western compaies heavily invested in china we percieve those as help, as they were bringing in new technologies and equipments and way of management into china so we had the chance to learn then to improve ourselves``the same thing applies here`

& friend by that Investment arent Chinese making profit...by that means arent India helping them...Ok we are helping each other is that Fine now...

I would like to know what new technology will the Chinese truck have in them apart from other Indian manufacturers. :laugh: Study about globalization happened way back in the 90s. Companies like leyland entered way before you. :)

Whats with the Maharashtra government and Chinese products. First the Kinglong Buses, then the metro trains and now trucks? Am not saying its a bad thing, its just seems a bit strange. Either the Chinese lobby in Mumbai is getting very strong, or these Marathi politicians are pocketing shyte loads of money.

Well.. let them invest... but ultimately it is the buyers market these days... If its good shyt, then they will find enough customers. Else tata bye bye.

india is a big market, you guys dont think china will let it slip through her nest do u ?

I would like to know what new technology will the Chinese truck have in them apart from other Indian manufacturers. :laugh: Study about globalization happened way back in the 90s. Companies like leyland entered way before you. :)

like it or not chinese goods already flooding yours market, and thank you india for making us rich

i'm guessing machine tools to make the parts better and cheaper

I guess you did not understand English, let me try again.

In India to succeed, you need to have good marketing along with good product. I guess good products is a given. But bad marketing can make or break your chance in India.

It is premature to say you will offer something that existing players dont, only your success will show that. We dont know that yet.

You get away with manufacturing for others, try branding something yourself and market it, you will know. Which chinease sounding product is accepted in western market?
Truck is big deal, I dont see any electronic brand with chinease name.
Wei Wei noodle is an exception, people will like chinease name food, if they want to go for it.

I see what you mean. a western name does give advantages in marketing. Lenovo's chinese name is lianxiang. Even china's major munition maker use a pseudo-western name "Norinco" which stands for "North Industries Corporation".

But using western name also eliminate your potential opportunity to improve the public image of products from your country, it might also make the people to reckon it as a sign of lack of confidence and consider it inferior subconsciously.

10 years ago, made in Korea products were considered cheap crap. (though not too much better today). Hyundai and Samsung sells well today without changing its name. 50 years ago, made in japan products were also synonyms of cheap, but today Toyota is a symbol of high quality. give you some confidence it will benefit in the long run.

like it or not chinese goods already flooding yours market, and thank you india for making us rich

I have no problem in china entering our markets especially when TATA makes a revenue of $1-billion every fiscal year from China, But again there are certain limitations when Arch rivals Join hands in a field where Both have Good Markets... Expecting to see more developments

Back
Top Bottom