What's new

China's film market to outdo Hollywood

Hollywood is an international Phenomenon and for any country to unseat that status, it will have to overwhelm all genres of the film industry. Bollywood and China have a natural advantage of Billion Plus domestic audience but they have had limited International appeal because they produce limited genre movies.

China has promise in the International arena if they produce films of the caliber of " Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". That movie was a blockbuster and captured the imagination of the International market.

A must watch on the topic of discussion !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jarha i totaly agree with you.... Hollywood dumps its movies in china.... What i have felt is china slowly accepting western culture.... They like christians, christmas and they adore wearing coat boots even when ancient china use to wear very similar outfit like india had.... China adores western culture and is very proud of increasing numbers of christians.... Well done western world.... Btw india should never forget our culture. Our culture tradition is our strength and unity. There are countries who funding to convert hindus into christians.... Uk was top in this. But they pulled out after MMRCA deal and knowing that hindu population kept growing.... Brits gave up.... Remember hindunism is not Religion. Its a spiritual Science given by indian Gods (who later faught war against christian god and its supporter atlantis empire).... i love my hindu Gods who helped india and world by giving numbers, language, secrets of vibration, energy and matters.... Am proud on hindunism. Btw try to speak AMEN in tonoscope machine. You wont get anything.... Than speak OM (AUM) in tonoscope and u will get a image of shree yantra aka Universe.... The most powerful mantra in universe is Gayatri mantra and MahaMrityunjaya mantra.... no other mantra can touch the level of this two death defeating mantras....

The way you describe Indian gods, its like they are characters in Magic gathering card game. I don't want to be offensive but it does seem that way to me.

The way you describe Indian gods, its like they are characters in Magic gathering card game. I don't want to be offensive but it does seem that way to me.
We already call it Mythology.

Its just a way to express knowledge and way of life to be presented, in different fashion. Religion can be used as good mean to unite people and establish order just like it is used for dividing people and create chaos.

As long as China has that stupid Bureau (not ministry as the report misidentified) of Radio, Film and TV, China can never match Hollywood in entertainment industry.

In Chinese online discussions I have seen, both Bureau of Radio,Film and Television and Family Planning Commission are being despised.

As the article mentioned, do you guys know why Ming Dynasty is such a sensitive topic as Japan-related topic? lol Because our minorities, esp. Manchu, are super sensitive so we have to bash Ming Dynasty. In our history education, Ming is considered the worst dynasty, while Qing that lost so much territories and wars, is considered one of the best. CCP, the most despised and self-hating party in the world. Lets bash Japan and Han Chinese. What a joke.

I cannot wait for democracy so our entertainment industry can flourish.

I think you should move to india for a living!

Instead of weeping , You are celebrating it !

Do you know 50% of money generated by Films in China are of Hollywood Origin ?(in case of India it is 5-10%)

Majority of rest of 50% come from Hong-Kong , So where is films made by China film industry ? Chinese native films majority of some medieval Kong-Fu 'non-sense'.

Atleast Pakistan is better than China in this case as Pakistan is protesting against intrusion of Bollywood in Pakistan film market but you are celebrating the demise Chinese 'native' film industry .

Chinese Film market become dumping ground of Hollywood movies and western culture.

We, the Indian, watch what we produce.Period!! :yahoo:

I dont think the world as a whole can beat Hollywood, not in Germany, Japan ... China included. But our own film industry is not a push-over. It is good for the audiences to have chances to view some of the best film productions in the world.

Bollywood movies cannot go further than the south asian diaspora. they have stupid singing dancing head-shaking sequences predictable in all their plots

As long as China has that stupid Bureau (not ministry as the report misidentified) of Radio, Film and TV, China can never match Hollywood in entertainment industry.

In Chinese online discussions I have seen, both Bureau of Radio,Film and Television and Family Planning Commission are being despised.

As the article mentioned, do you guys know why Ming Dynasty is such a sensitive topic as Japan-related topic? lol Because our minorities, esp. Manchu, are super sensitive so we have to bash Ming Dynasty. In our history education, Ming is considered the worst dynasty, while Qing that lost so much territories and wars, is considered one of the best. CCP, the most despised and self-hating party in the world. Lets bash Japan and Han Chinese. What a joke.

I cannot wait for democracy so our entertainment industry can flourish.

You are on crack, typical KMT fanboy disguises as the Ming fanboy. :coffee:

He is a troll, just ignore him.

The Qing Dynasty is indeed the worst dynasty among the Chinese history, but i'd rather exclude ROC (the most humiliating part of our history) from the Chinese history.

Instead of weeping , You are celebrating it !

Do you know 50% of money generated by Films in China are of Hollywood Origin ?(in case of India it is 5-10%)

Majority of rest of 50% come from Hong-Kong , So where is films made by China film industry ? Chinese native films majority of some medieval Kong-Fu 'non-sense'.

Atleast Pakistan is better than China in this case as Pakistan is protesting against intrusion of Bollywood in Pakistan film market but you are celebrating the demise Chinese 'native' film industry .

Chinese Film market become dumping ground of Hollywood movies and western culture.

We, the Indian, watch what we produce.Period!! :yahoo:

This is my great favorite, very impressive, I could not controll myself not to laugh whenever I watched this.:cheers:

If I recall didn't Chinese authorities ban using time travel in movies and television shows in 2011?

China can't possibly break into the international market of entertainment in a sustained fashion with such arbitrary limits placed on its people's creativity.

Nice response. Starting this thread is pointless. We need know our limits. China is not ready for democracy, but film censorship should be modernized.

The Qing Dynasty is indeed the worst dynasty among the Chinese history, but i'd rather exclude ROC (the most humiliating part of our history) from the Chinese history.

KMT fanboy? what the heck is that? I am not attached to any party; I am only attached to China as a country. Shall I call you CCP fanboy?

Anyway, not trying to derail the thread. As long as the Bureau exists, China's entertainment industry will not be major force worldwide. Too many taboos, too many arbitrary censorship. But due to vested interest, it would be hard to get rid of current system.

I seriously doubt this claim unless world learns Chinese or Chinese learn English by then!!....sub title movies are generally not watched by mass audience…. can anyone post the current statistics of countries and their share in global film industry?

Have a Great Year of the Snake!

If I recall didn't Chinese authorities ban using time travel in movies and television shows in 2011?

China can't possibly break into the international market of entertainment in a sustained fashion with such arbitrary limits placed on its people's creativity.

How many bollywood movies do you watch in a year as an ehtnic indian?

There is no shortage of creativity in our film making. The size of our market can sustain local and foreign productions.

Take this one as an example:

140148.65780110.jpg

It grossed ¥1.2 + billion in 2012, ranking no. 2 after Avatar's ¥1.3+ billion in all time box office in China.

[video]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDg3Nzc2ODYw.html[/video]

KMT fanboy? what the heck is that? I am not attached to any party; I am only attached to China as a country. Shall I call you CCP fanboy?

Anyway, not trying to derail the thread. As long as the Bureau exists, China's entertainment industry will not be major force worldwide. Too many taboos, too many arbitrary censorship. But due to vested interest, it would be hard to get rid of current system.

ANYONE that hates the government (CPC) that ended western and Japanese imperialism, defeated many countries in war, should be considered a traitor.
The fact that bums like you can even talk about an entertainment industry for China is due to the hard work done by the CPC by giving political independence, foreign policy independence, economic growth, nuclear weapons, space program, etc.
Without the communist party, China would still be a western puppet like the KMT was. Real freedom is to run an independent country, independent foreign policy. Just ask South Korea and Japan that need to get the permission from their Yankee masters to get their missile range extended.
Yea they have Gangnam Style, but they are both under colonial rule.

Back
Top Bottom