What's new

China wants SAARC plus One arrangement (SAARC+1)

See even this Indian member agrees. The Indian government has been unjust and aggressive to her neighbors, and as a result India is a pretty detested country in Asia.

Which one bro, ignore that prism guy ..

He is just envious of the achievements of other countries...

Why you don't give this amazing piece of advice to Nepali PM when you will have dinner with him tonight :cheesy:

LOL, I have checked the Nepalese websites. They are full of hate against India. Don't believe me, go check it for yourself.
The Nepalese hate India, as much as India hate China.

Looking south

Nepal’s relations with India have rarely been easy over the past 50 years. There continues to be a deep anti-Indian sentiment within Nepal, both within the left and the right. It is true that there has often been reason for this sentiment: Delhi has often engaged in Nepali politics in a way that has antagonised Nepali political actors. Often, however, the anti-Indian sentiment is of a knee-jerk kind, based more on prejudice than an analysis of the facts. Then, there is also the fact that Nepali actors themselves have regularly sought to cultivate relations with India in a manner that they hope will lead to an increase in their own power and a corresponding weakening of their rivals. In such cases, politicians who have felt ignored by Delhi are at the forefront of criticising India for interfering in Nepal and for depicting their rivals as stooges or puppets of our southern neighbour.

Every prime minister in recent history has sought an invitation to visit Delhi as soon as coming into power. Many do of course receive this invitation and their visits to Delhi have the purpose of seeking Indian support for their government. This is crucial, it is believed, if their government is to remain in power for a substantial period of time. In addition, Indian support is also sought to pressure rivals into supporting the government or, at the very least, cooperating with it. During Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai’s recent visit to India, he too sought Indian help in assisting parties to reach a compromise on the peace process. And prime ministers with greater ambitions also attempt the very difficult task of changing the template of Nepal-India relations to a level where instead of being simply a patron, Nepal is able to engage India on an equal level, where bilateral issues are dealt with rationally and on their merits, rather than with suspicion and acrimony.

Even though Baburam Bhattarai’s government is transitional and may not remain in power for a very long period of time, he seems to have attempted this very difficult task during his time in Delhi. The BIPPA agreement can be viewed as an example of an attempt to reach a deal with India that is based not on prejudice or submission but as an initial attempt to establish relations based on mutual self-interest. Of course, political circumstances within Nepal are not entirely conducive to this: There continues to be a section within the Maoists that views every engagement with Delhi with great suspicion. And the parties in the opposition, the UML in particular, isn’t above using this issue as a tool to beat the government with. Bhattarai’s attempt, however, is a positive one. In time, it is to be hoped, our political class will gain enough confidence to deal in a united manner with Delhi, possess the strength to resist unwanted interference, and make rationality and enlightened self-interest decisions on the basis of our relations rather than knee-jerk nationalism.

http://www.ekantipur.com/2011/10/24/editorial/looking-south/342688/

Good thing the Chinese Dragon is here to rescue poor Nepal from the viscous fangs of the Indian Tiger! :D

LOL, I have checked the Nepalese websites. They are full of hate against India. Don't believe me, go check it for yourself.
The Nepalese hate India, as much as India hate China.

Good thing the Chinese Dragon is here to rescue poor Nepal from the viscous fangs of the Indian Tiger! :D

Thanks mate for the link.. i will look up few myself . Ya they hate Indians.. and the article is an eyeopener for all Nepalese brothers.

Yes bro, Chinese Dragon will get some nishan-e nepali award some day.

Thanks mate for the link.. i will look up few myself . Ya they hate Indians.. and the article is an eyeopener for all Nepalese brothers.

Yes bro, Chinese Dragon will get some nishan-e nepali award some day.

Indeed, I'm glad you agree with me.

It says in the article that the relations between Nepal and India have never been easy. We all know that the Indian government is a hungry tiger ready to gobble up poor Nepal, and Nepal needs to rescued by the Chinese Dragon. :D

Forget SAARC, India will not allow China in.

China should somehow get Pakistan into SCO.

In my opinion, if China wants some real results, this is the only way forward.

LOL, how can China be in the same organizations with a country (India) which she has territorial disputes with?

Pakistan should leave SAARC, because SAARC is USELESS.

Do you have idea what is BRIC......................

Indeed, I'm glad you agree with me.

It says in the article that the relations between Nepal and India have never been easy. We all know that the Indian government is a hungry tiger ready to gobble up poor Nepal, and Nepal needs to rescued by the Chinese Dragon. :D

Yes mate absolutly, the save tiger mission is an utter flop. Nepal needs to be rescued by some sort of operation , i hope Chinese Dragon gets some action in that.

Do you have idea what is BRIC......................

Dont bring offtopic nonsense, we are talking about tigers and dragon warriors here.:angry:

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Even Chinese members said that BRICS is a joke.:lol:

Well said bro, everytime I hear the word BRIC.. i do the ROFLing..:tup:

Dont bring offtopic nonsense, we are talking about tigers and dragon warriors here.:angry:

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Well said bro, everytime I hear the word BRIC.. i do the ROFLing..:tup:

What wrong with Tigers and Dragons, its just to add a little bit of humor to the thread ;). Ever heard of superlatives ;)?

Anyways the Nepalese hate India, and they too should leave SAARC.

What has SAARC accomplished in these fields of diplomacy, culture, and tourism.

SAARC has accomplished nothing! SAARC is a stupid organization, where the two most important members don't get along!

Even Chinese members said that BRICS is a joke.:lol:
this is ur problem buddy..u beleive on the words of 100 odd chinese in this forum rather than on the chinese govts..(not chinese people though)

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

What wrong with Tigers and Dragons, its just to add a little bit of humor to the thread ;). Ever heard of superlatives ;)?

who told u nepalese hate India????

Nothing wrong mate, nothing wrong.. i only said we are talking about them..

Yes i have heard of super relatives.. i have a few.

Yes they should leave SAARC.. India and Kerala and maybe Himachal Pradesh can continue with thsi SAARC nonsense.

Again , thanks for the great post.

this is ur problem buddy..u beleive on the words of 100 odd chinese in this forum rather than on the chinese govts..(not chinese people though)

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

who told u nepalese hate India????

Check out this article:
Maoists unleash anti-India campaign in Nepal
R S N Singh

Maoist
lbbkxHhdcgd.jpg

The Maoists in Nepal have launched a vicious anti-India propaganda campaign through a film, Dasgaja, being screened in about half a dozen theatres in Kathmandu. Dasgaja or 'Ten Yards' has vignettes of a border dispute and portrays India as a hegemonic power and bully.

Sample some scenes from the film:

Scene A: An Indian official walks into the office of the head of Nepal's border survey team and offers him a briefcase filled with currency and tells him that it was for his daughter's education and the border inspection duties should be left to Indian officials. The Indian official then goes on to say, "You know that you can't do a thing without our approval. You can't even appoint a priest in your own temple without our endorsement.''

Scene B: A Nepali worker, working in a restaurant in India is slapped and his nationality is abused when inadvertently he spills water over an Indian customer.

Scene C: India's Home Minister speaking on phone to his Nepalese counterpart, asks him not to persist with his demand of fresh inspection of the Indo-Nepal border, failing which, the Minister threatens that the government of Nepal would be toppled.

Scene D: Scenes of atrocities by Indian border guards and the hero of the film leading a group of armed men and women, and removing the border pillar wrongly erected by India.

Another movie based on an old Indo-Nepal dispute, directed by Uddham Abidits, is to be released soon. The area portrayed, Kalapani, is located on the India's western border with Nepal. The dispute over the area is due to the differences between the two countries over the origin of the Kali River. Nepal's claims on Kalapani, is based on the contention that the river to the west of Kali is the main Kali River, whereas India claims that the river to the east of Kalapani is the main Kali River.

About four years back, there was another documentary Greater Nepal made by one Manoj Pandit, which called for restoration of large parts of West Bengal, the entire Sikkim, parts of Uttrakhand and Himachal Pardesh to Nepal, over which he averred that Nepal had historical claims.

The Maoist cadres have also been defacing foundation stones and insulting the Indian Tri-Colour, at projects and programmes assisted by India. Showing of black flags to the Indian Ambassador during his movement in Kathmandu, has become a regular affair.

Earlier, in October 2010, the Ministry of External Affairs had summoned Nepal's Ambassador to India, Rukma Shumsher Rana to seek explanation over the misbehaviour of Maoist cadres towards the Indian Ambassador to Nepal, Rakesh Sood. Some Maoist cadres on 6 October 2010 had greeted the Ambassador with black flags and one of them hurled a shoe at a team of visiting Indian Embassy officials.

In fact, India's Foreign Minister, SM Krishna, during his recent visit to Kathmandu in April 2011, expressed 'serious concern' at the attacks on the Indian Ambassador. Her also met various Maoist leaders including Parchanda and took up the issue of the ongoing anti-India campaign. Some top leaders were present at a formal dinner meeting in the Indian Embassy. Despite assurances, the anti-India campaign by the Maoists has not abated. Rather, it has become more shrill, virulent and violent.

The Maoists have been trying to overplay and even fabricate issues to create animosity between India and Nepal. The anti-India campaign by the Maoists in Nepal is becoming increasingly fierce and vicious, as the Maoist leadership feels that it is India, which is the stumbling block in their bid to capture power. That the Maoists are being prodded by China is all too obvious. The border issues between India and Nepal has hardly generated any bitterness. The issue of Indian priests in the 'Pashupati Temple' in Kathmandu is a revered historical tradition signifying the deep religious and cultural links between the two countries.

The anti-India campaign of the Maoists is a well-deliberated strategy and is in consonance with the 'Fourth Phase' of the Maoist agitation, announced in January 2010, in the Central Committee meeting. Originally, this phase was to be driven by the agenda of 'Civilian Supremacy', but was suspended in favour of an anti-India campaign because the Maoists feel that it was at the behest of India that the Maoist government fell following its aborted bid to remove the Nepal Army Chief in May 2009.

Editor's Pick
Evolution of Indian Military Concepts
The Insoluble Equation: Indo-Pak Relations
NE Insurgency: The Religious Dimension
Indian Army: The blunted sword
Shortage of Officers in the Services

The Nepal Army, the Maoist leadership feels is the only robust barrier in its way to establishing its one-party revolutionary regime. In its anti-India campaign, and in keeping with the sensitivities of Indian Maoists, Prachanda while embarking on the Fourth Phase, proffered: "Dialogues and struggle with Indian state, and solidarity with Indian people."

In the same Central Committee meeting, a decision was taken to send five top Maoist leaders to five disputed border locations i.e. Kalapani, Susta, Pashupati Nagar, Laxmanpur, and Khurdalautan. There were also plans to publicly burn copies of the Indo-Nepal Treaty 1950, Sugauli Treaty 1816, and other bilateral agreements. Demonstrations near the Indian Embassy were also part of the plan.

The Maoists viewed preceding Prime Minister Madhav Nepal as a stooge of India. So did China. During his visit to China in Decemeber 2009, the Chinese authorities were high on assurances and rhetoric but low on yield. This is mainly ascribed to the Chinese perception that the Madhav Nepal government was backed by India.

No sooner Jhalanath Khanal was elected as PM in February 2011, after 17 attempts in seven months; two very significant and high level Chinese delegations visited Nepal, with economic and military agendas respectively. In February, during the visit of Vice Minister of Commerce Fu Ziyang, China and Nepal reached an agreement on details of a new economic package. In the following month, General Chen Bingde, head of China's PLA visited Kathmandu and announced US $ 20 million aid assistance, non-lethal in import.

Consequent to the Indo-US nuclear deal, the tenor and import of China's strategic thrust in Nepal has moved away from Tibet-centricity to encompass South Asia as such. Since then Nepal has become a geopolitical arena of intense rivalry between China and India. The fall of the Maoist government totally belied China's strategic calculations. Ever since then it has been on an overdrive to cobble a pro-China and anti-India government in Nepal.

The political dynamics in Nepal has lessons for India particularly in the context of the Left parties and organisations. From Nepal's example, it is beyond doubt that the divergence between the Maoists and mainstream Communists is manipulated by China and other Leftist benefactors. The convergence is also manipulated.

Maoists infiltrate other parties as well or float parties and organisations ostensibly hostile but inherently sympathetic as in the case of Upendra Yadav, the founder of the Madhesi Janadhikar Forum (MJF). Jhalanath Khanal, though a CPN (UML) leader, has been known for his affinity to the Maoists. He had been lobbying in China and India for removal of his predecessor Madhav Nepal, a member of his own party.

The Maoists have never been so close to the capture of power and setting a totalitarian state. The resolution in the recent CCOMPOSA meet in India, categorically states that the Maoist's revolution is at a critical stage and the entire world is watching the outcome. The transition of Maoists in Nepal has been from criminals, to revolutionaries, to political activists, and to partners in government. The next scenario would be a complete Maoist takeover.

It seems even India media is crying that Nepal is being lost to China. :lol:

What has SAARC accomplished in these fields of diplomacy, culture, and tourism.

SAARC has accomplished nothing! SAARC is a stupid organization, where the two most important members don't get along!

And which is second most important member? People think that there is only one important member in SAARC. INDIA. :devil:

Check out this article:
R S N Singh

Maoist
lbbkxHhdcgd.jpg

The Maoists in Nepal have launched a vicious anti-India propaganda campaign through a film, Dasgaja, being screened in about half a dozen theatres in Kathmandu. Dasgaja or 'Ten Yards' has vignettes of a border dispute and portrays India as a hegemonic power and bully.

It seems even India media is crying that Nepal is being lost to China. :lol:

Wow mate.. abundance of information.

This post should be posted in the dedicated sticky thread on Maoism. Some members have already pledged their life on maintaining that thread. I m so excited to see you join them.

I too love Mao... i once bashed one cat for crying MEOW MEOW instead of MAO MAO..

Good post once again, bro.. keep it up.:tup:

India and Nepal have some problems. But It;s just that. Nepal and India friendship was strong and will always exists.

Back
Top Bottom