What's new

China should DEMAND return of all stolen treasures

what part didn't you understand the scorch earth policy left people to starve, see russian napoleon, russian germany if you want similar events. read on the taiping rebellion and see the massive battles fought.
Also China did defeat the western powers more than a few times, but lets just say it's not a significant event in the grand scheme of things.

Frankly, you quoted just 5 million troops and 70 million casualties. That sounds to me like just one army not two as in the examples you quoted above. I didn't go check thoroughly which conflict you are refering to.
Your example was wrong anyway---you do not advocate the abilities of the army by listing civilian casualties, but more like enemy armies routed, cities/territory captured.

As for your "Europeans are going down" hissy fit, lol, i'd rather live here in a recession (which according to projections should recede this year) then in booming China for countless reasons. And guess what, there's even Chinese that think this way.

You also seem to expect wonders from the Xi administration, you cite burden of costs to European governments in your previous posts, well sugar, China is going on the same path, healthcare and pensions in an envirnoment where peak workforce has already been achieved. That means healthcare and pension costs are only going up with less and less employed per 1 retiree to help spread the costs.

You can see this on the following graph, no developed and even developing countries will be spared from this:

wpr_ldc.gif

Without your fathers advanced military technology after Industrial Revolution,your european fathers were nothing but consistantly bullied by arabs,turks and mongols,far worse than china.At least we defeated and rules millions of huns and gokturk empire when you suffered by the invasion of huns,arabs and turks.

LOL, you belong to a mental asylum lol.

First you say our European father was hiding behind the shadow of the Hun (Persian) that imply our father is Muslim.

Then you totally ignore the fact that the same Persian you accuse our father hiding behind totally razed China and formed Jin Dynasty.

Then you imply the Western civilisation are the Hun you defeated.

Then you said without Industrial Revolution our European fathers are nothing but bullied by Arabs.

And then finally you claim you defeated millions of Hun.

All of them are very much on the opposite end of the History book.

First of all, Western Civilization is based on Ancient Greece or Classical Athens, Not Persian Empire. Western Culture is a cradle of a combination of Roman, Greece and Normandic culture as early as 400BC. The Arabs harassment you mentioned I supposed is the first and second invasion of Greece by Persian empire. Were deal and done with before 300BC. Ended up Athenian sending those Persian back to Asia, and in about 200-400 years after, the same Persian (Well, figurative speaking, probably 2-3 generations afterward) have invaded and RAZED the Chinese Civilization almost to the ground and disposed of the Three Kingdoms (魏),(蜀), (吳) and form Jin Dynasty 晋朝 In 265AD.

And now you are saying the Western Civilization is nothing and bullied by Arabs before industrial revolution which happened in 1700 AD? Which is about 2000 years after the Macedonian defeated the Persian and Arab league in the 193 BC??

Lol you are clearly delusional and just try to randomly blare out fact that not even true and not in the right timeline and try to berate the western civilization. LOL this is very much a pathetic attempt to rewrite the history that all we, including you Chinese, already known.

Maybe you need to learn more about both world history and Chinese history.

Dude, you should feel very much ashamed and insulted to the fact that a what you claimed Vietnamese-American have better Chinese History knowledge than a box standard Chinese. LOL, at least I feel shame for you

LOL, you belong to a mental asylum lol.

First of all, Western Civilization is based on Ancient Greece or Classical Athens, Not Persian Empire. Western Culture is a cradle of a combination of Roman, Greece and Normandic culture as early as 400BC. The Arabs harassment you mentioned I supposed is the first and second invasion of Greece by Persian empire. Were deal and done with before 300BC. Ended up Athenian sending those Persian back to Asia, and in about 200-400 years after, the same Persian (Well, figurative speaking, probably 2-3 generations afterward) have invaded and RAZED the Chinese Civilization almost to the ground and disposed of the Three Kingdoms and form Jin Dynasty 晋朝 In 265AD.

Read on the Dark Ages and see that the West took books and money and knowledge back with them from the Crusades and started the Renaissance. So you can say the West is based on Arab.

Things, like medical, math, language, and all sorts of other important knowledge, and also Ottoman ships were copied by the West for a time too as the Ottomans were the masters of the Black sea as well as parts of the Mediterranean Sea.

You know why they call it the Arabic numerals?

umm, the Jin dynasty, since you used the Chinese letter I assume you mean after three kingdoms was Chinese.

It was formed by the Sima family which is an ancient Han Clan that long held power at the Han court. They were not turkish or Persian.

If you mean the Jin dynasty by the Manchus well they are even less turkish or Perisan and today very much Chinese.

Razed to the ground? Who's delusional here. lol

The Huns, if you mean Xongnu was defeated by Han Wudi, which while didn't completely solve the problem for the dynasty but did result in the eventual break up of the civilization.

I don't know who taught you Chinese history but that person needs to be fired.

Anad now you are saying the Western Civilization is nothing and bullied by Arabs before industrial revolution which happened in 1700 AD? Which is about 2000 years after the Macedonian defeated the Persian and Arab league in the 193 BC??

Lol you are clearly delusional and just try to randomly blare out fact that not even true and not in the right timeline and try to berate the western civilization. LOL this is very much a pathetic attempt to rewrite the history we, including you Chinese, already known.

Maybe you need to know more about both world history and Chinese history.

Dude, you should feel very much ashamed and insulted to the fact that a what you claimed Vietnamese-American have better Chinese History knowledge than a box standard Chinese. LOL, at least I feel shame for you

The claim Arabs bullied the West is not entirely incorrect, but a misinterpretation of events.

The Ottomans defeated the Austrians and Russians and a few other countries a few time. They are credited with the end of the Byzantium empire and some credit this as the Final fall of the Roman empire.

Greece and the Balkans also fell to the Ottomans as well as the black sea ports the Russians later conquered by Peter the Great.

Read on the conquests of Suleiman and the fall of Constantinople.

The conquest of Spain by the Muslims lasted close to a century, and only ended close to 1500s.

9 Crusades, all except one was successful and another only due to internal conflict and it was a negotiated settlement that gave the city to the West, but only for a while.

The Mongols defeated the combined might of poland and Hungary before pulling back due to the death of the Khan.

The Magyars got tribute from the German states before being subdued by Otto 1 of the Holy Roman empire.

The Huns of Attla constantly tormented the Roman empire from east to western empire, while the Parthia defeated Rome time and time again at it's highest.

Didn't think a Chinese would know so much about European history did you, before you lecture others on getting informed look at yourself. So you only know about the Persian invasion of Greece, did the movies teach you that?

Read on the Dark Ages and see that the West took books and money and knowledge back with them from the Crusades and started the Renaissance. So you can say the West is based on Arab.

Lots of it was knowledge from the Sumerians and Egyptians taken by Greeks in turn taken by Romans only to be forgotten/passed/outlawed once the clergy started to spread it's vile hooks to the Middle East. They ofcourse contributed greatly but your claim "the West is based on Arab" is ludicrous.
I'd be grateful if you can point out to me an ancient Arab engineering project that can rival that of ancient Rome's.

The Huns of Attla constantly tormented the Roman empire from east to western empire, while the Parthia defeated Rome time and time again at it's highest.

iirc the Huns only came into picture when Rome was failing. And the Parthian part is wrong, i knew from memory noone defeated Roman's at their peak "time and time" again.....

Roman–Parthian Wars

Rest of the post i can agree with even if it is written in a tone highlighting losses from only one side.
imho Roman army was the greatest fighting force at that time and if they had a leader like Alexander the Great was they would knock on Indian doors again, but this time ballista's would make mince meat out of elephants.

Lots of it was knowledge from the Sumerians and Egyptians taken by Greeks in turn taken by Romans only to be forgotten/passed/outlawed once the clergy started to spread it's vile hooks to the Middle East. They ofcourse contributed greatly but your claim "the West is based on Arab" is ludicrous.
I'd be grateful if you can point out to me an ancient Arab engineering project that can rival that of ancient Rome's.

iirc the Huns only came into picture when Rome was failing. And the Parthian part is wrong, i knew from memory noone defeated Roman's at their peak "time and time" again.....

Roman–Parthian Wars

Rest of the post i can agree with even if it is written in a tone highlighting losses from only one side.
imho Roman army was the greatest fighting force at that time and if they had a leader like Alexander the Great was they would knock on Indian doors again, but this time ballista's would make mince meat out of elephants.

Well, I would agree that it was the Greeks and Persians with that knowledge first then Romans, but the Umayyads Caliphate were also responsible for some of that knowledge and the later Caliphs.

I said "you could say," not that it is entirely. This is a response to Jhungary who claims no Arab involvement in the development of the West.

Does the Hanging Garden, the glorious buildings of the Persians, when Alexander got to Babylon he didn't want to return to Macedon.

The current Spanish villas takes a page from the glories of the Moors, Selimiye Mosque by the Turks, the Indian temples, and palaces of the Mughals and those precedes them. How about the Dome of the Rock? Timur made his capital a paradise on earth from what I can remember.

I am not saying you are biased, but to see history you need to look at all sides. This is why I always respect Muslims and Hindus, they are a people of great culture and history, no less than the Chinese.

To your second points, well, the Americans took advantage of the current Iraq situation, you think during the creation of America or a long time after that, it could have defeated the Ottomans?

You get what you get, don't complain, I'm sure you said that somewhere either directed to me or another poster.

I know all about Trajan and he failed, in fact he died on his retreat back to Rome. The Parthians even defeated Mark Anthony, and Caesar, are you saying these men are not the equal of Alexander? I certainly think Caesar is. Nobody calls themselves Zander, but people do call Tsar, Caesar (even a rome title), Kaiser.

Read about the Parthians they are a great people.

I do agree what I wrote is one sided and I can just as easily have written a list of Western accomplishments against the Arabs and Hindus, but I was again responding to Jhungary and just pointing out his omissions, either because he don't know or thinks we Chinese are all rubes.

Lastly I use to think China was unique and king of the world in history, until I learned world history. Never assume you are better because you be wrong. We can always learn from each other and always something to admire about the other.

Things, like medical, math, language, and all sorts of other important knowledge, and also Ottoman ships were copied by the West for a time too as the Ottomans were the masters of the Black sea as well as parts of the Mediterranean Sea.

You know why they call it the Arabic numerals?

umm, the Jin dynasty, since you used the Chinese letter I assume you mean after three kingdoms was Chinese.

It was formed by the Sima family which is an ancient Han Clan that long held power at the Han court. They were not turkish or Persian.

If you mean the Jin dynasty by the Manchus well they are even less turkish or Perisan and today very much Chinese.

Razed to the ground? Who's delusional here. lol

The Huns, if you mean Xongnu was defeated by Han Wudi, which while didn't completely solve the problem for the dynasty but did result in the eventual break up of the civilization.

I don't know who taught you Chinese history but that person needs to be fired.

The claim Arabs bullied the West is not entirely incorrect, but a misinterpretation of events.

The Ottomans defeated the Austrians and Russians and a few other countries a few time. They are credited with the end of the Byzantium empire and some credit this as the Final fall of the Roman empire.

Greece and the Balkans also fell to the Ottomans as well as the black sea ports the Russians later conquered by Peter the Great.

Read on the conquests of Suleiman and the fall of Constantinople.

The conquest of Spain by the Muslims lasted close to a century, and only ended close to 1500s.

9 Crusades, all except one was successful and another only due to internal conflict and it was a negotiated settlement that gave the city to the West, but only for a while.

The Mongols defeated the combined might of poland and Hungary before pulling back due to the death of the Khan.

The Magyars got tribute from the German states before being subdued by Otto 1 of the Holy Roman empire.

Didn't think a Chinese would know so much about European history did you, before you lecture others on getting informed look at yourself. So you only know about the Persian invasion of Greece, did the movies teach you that?

ok, I will first response to the "Western civilization" part now, then I will edit this post to include my comment on the Chinese History tomorrow. I need some help to write Chinese character here, it simply not ok to use English to reply something of a Chinese History.....

First of all, do you know the meaning of Civilization??

According to Oxford English Dictionary

Civilization : the stage of human social development and organization which is considered most advanced:

The word

Simply cannot be right as the western Civilization is not the most advanced in the Dark Ages. Dark ages is the opposite of Advanced on western civilization. As it was the decline of the Roman Empire. So, your word is simply, wrong.

Saying that would be the same as saying. The Polish culture is defined and based on the German after the German occupied the Pole in WW2. The cultural identity of Poland was established long before the dude called Hitler was born. The fact that Hitler rule Poland does not change their cultural identity one bit.

And You also need to notice the different between Ancient Greek Law, Roman Law and Byzantine Law. The 3 have no co-relation to each other but both Ancient Greek law and Byzantine Law are based on Roman law at the time. if you say the West is based on the Arab, then in the subject of law, you are saying the Ancient Greek Law is based on Byzantine Law at the time. Which is simply incorrect.

If you want to see what is based on what, it's important to compare both entity at their most advanced, but at the same time, you also need to see how those two thing evolved. West does not observe Islamic Law, nor have Ramadan, so in term of law and culture, those two entity is different.

The only argument you had about the west is BASED on Arab is the Western Civilization have absorbed some Arabic Element. Well, if you say that, then I can also say Chinese Culture is based on Arab if you are using the Arabic number as an prime example. Did Chinese don't use Arabic Number??

10 out of 10 historian will tell you, the Western Civilization is based on Ancient Greek (Ancient Greek Law), West Roman (Latin Academia) and Nomadic and Greek Culture (Myth and Tales from the middle ages.).

Western Civilization was born before the time you mention. The Core of Western Civilization was born way before the Ottoman Empire at 1200 AD. Almost all Western Legacy are either based on Nordic to the North, Ancient Greek to the middle and Latin to the west. The Rise of the Ottoman Empire only signified the fall of East Roman Empire, it does not mean the fall of Civilization.

The Roman Legacy is being carried on by a number of different empire until the Modern Europe was born, just to name a few. The Goth and Visigoth. Kingdom of Italy. The Normed

800px-Justinien_527-565.svg.png

oh,now Greeks defeated the huns,hoho.Persian empire?How many times persia has been conquered by turks,arabs and mongols?how many years have greeks suffered under ottoman rule?You talk like your mighty fathers have done something that never achieved by anyone else.Stupid viets-white hybrid claim he knows chinese history more than chinese now,hahahaha.

Do you even know where is Persian Empire?? Persian Empire mean modern day Iran not the Persia of Egypt..... So, Arabs conquer Arab, that's interesting

History of Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This person, IMO, is beyond help...

This is a response to Jhungary who claims no Arab involvement in the development of the West.

Since when did I say Arab have no Involvement or Contribution to the West?

I say the West is based on Solely the Ancient Greek, the Roman and the Nomadic. That does not literally translate to the Arab never contribute to the West.......

Based on and being Contributed is 2 different concept. Do you even know the different??

You are simply saying by Arab contribution to Western Society, the Whole Western Civilization is based on Arab, I would like to see your logic for it..

I think before they command things from others they should let go of their colonies first and stop claiming other nations EZZ and territories! If they want right things to be done to them they should do right things for others first.

Well, I would agree that it was the Greeks and Persians with that knowledge first then Romans, but the Umayyads Caliphate were also responsible for some of that knowledge and the later Caliphs.

Not Persians, Sumerians.

Does the Hanging Garden, the glorious buildings of the Persians, when Alexander got to Babylon he didn't want to return to Macedon.

Those are just houses and a trumped up gate to the city. And noone even knows if the gardens really existed.
Sorry, but in my view useful buildings like aqueducts that bring water for kilometers around and paved roads for thousands of kilometers is more akin to "engineering".

The current Spanish villas takes a page from the glories of the Moors, Selimiye Mosque by the Turks, the Indian temples, and palaces of the Mughals and those precedes them. How about the Dome of the Rock? Timur made his capital a paradise on earth from what I can remember.

You are taking examples from everywhere in time and places while i was debating only Roman vs. Arab aspect specifically. Though those are indeed examples of fine architecture, especially Taj Mahal.

To your second points, well, the Americans took advantage of the current Iraq situation, you think during the creation of America or a long time after that, it could have defeated the Ottomans?

I don't know what you mean here, maybe you are refering to my elephants comment and it means Indian kingdoms weren't at their peak at the time Romans would arrive?

You get what you get, don't complain, I'm sure you said that somewhere either directed to me or another poster.

lol? Sounds like you're putting words in my mouth....

I know all about Trajan and he failed, in fact he died on his retreat back to Rome. The Parthians even defeated Mark Anthony, and Caesar, are you saying these men are not the equal of Alexander? I certainly think Caesar is. Nobody calls themselves Zander, but people do call Tsar, Caesar (even a rome title), Kaiser.

How exactly did Trajan fail? He conquered the Parthian capital and installed a puppet. He died due to illness not battle wounds.
And Caesar was killed before he made any attempt to expand the empire. He did plan.
The only time Parthians actually took and held large swaths of land was the Roman civil war time immediately after Caesar's death. When that was resolved it pretty much went downhill.
This is all in the link above, you should really read it.

Read about the Parthians they are a great people.

I know they are, but you seem to miss some knowledge, like details above. You don't have the full picture you talked about here:

but to see history you need to look at all sides

ok, I will first response to the "Western civilization" part now, then I will edit this post to include my comment on the Chinese History tomorrow. I need some help to write Chinese character here, it simply not ok to use English to reply something of a Chinese History.....

First of all, do you know the meaning of Civilization??

According to Oxford English Dictionary

Civilization : the stage of human social development and organization which is considered most advanced:

The word

Simply cannot be right as the western Civilization is not the most advanced in the Dark Ages. Dark ages is the opposite of Advanced on western civilization. As it was the decline of the Roman Empire. So, your word is simply, wrong.

Saying that would be the same as saying. The Polish culture is defined and based on the German after the German occupied the Pole in WW2. The cultural identity of Poland was established long before the dude called Hitler was born. The fact that Hitler rule Poland does not change their cultural identity one bit.

And You also need to notice the different between Ancient Greek Law, Roman Law and Byzantine Law. The 3 have no co-relation to each other but both Ancient Greek law and Byzantine Law are based on Roman law at the time. if you say the West is based on the Arab, then in the subject of law, you are saying the Ancient Greek Law is based on Byzantine Law at the time. Which is simply incorrect.

If you want to see what is based on what, it's important to compare both entity at their most advanced, but at the same time, you also need to see how those two thing evolved. West does not observe Islamic Law, nor have Ramadan, so in term of law and culture, those two entity is different.

The only argument you had about the west is BASED on Arab is the Western Civilization have absorbed some Arabic Element. Well, if you say that, then I can also say Chinese Culture is based on Arab if you are using the Arabic number as an prime example. Did Chinese don't use Arabic Number??

10 out of 10 historian will tell you, the Western Civilization is based on Ancient Greek (Ancient Greek Law), West Roman (Latin Academia) and Nomadic and Greek Culture (Myth and Tales from the middle ages.).

Western Civilization was born before the time you mention. The Core of Western Civilization was born way before the Ottoman Empire at 1200 AD. Almost all Western Legacy are either based on Nordic to the North, Ancient Greek to the middle and Latin to the west. The Rise of the Ottoman Empire only signified the fall of East Roman Empire, it does not mean the fall of Civilization.

The Roman Legacy is being carried on by a number of different empire until the Modern Europe was born, just to name a few. The Goth and Visigoth. Kingdom of Italy. The Normed

800px-Justinien_527-565.svg.png

Yea I know what civilization means, your argument makes no sense, the Dark ages Europe was at weakest, so the Arab helped it to reach the top, so what's wrong with my argument?

The germans occupied poland for a while, but the culture at that time was pretty much set as you said, but it wasn't during the dark ages. In fact the English king edward on the 8th crusade copied Arab castles as it is the best he ever seen in England once he got back.

First I said you could say, I didn't say completely, second you do know Byzantine empire is the Eastern Roman empire right? It's the same Roman empire that was divided between east and west, heck it was called Byzantium, before changing the name to constantinople, after Constantine, Roman emperor.

Also ancient greeks? It could really only mean Alexander, before and a time after right? The greeks civilized first, back then Rome was still a small piece of land based around rome. How could Greeks copy Romans then? By the time of Pompy, he conquered the Greeks and thus it was irrelevant what the greeks felt about Roman law.

I said science and designs, you give me examples of laws and religion, I never said it was completely based and certainly it was just a point after you said the Western culture was based on the three you mentioned, which to me meant no Arab contribution. Since you were arguing Arab contribution.

of course they have their own culture, even the Germanic never took Roman culture and the provinces of Rome maintained a lot of their own culture.

Since the Westernization began in China, yea Chinese culture did start to get based on many alien concepts.

I just said the West copied some ottoman stuff, how could the West and why would the West base their culture on the ottomans? Especially in the early stages.

This is just a response to your saying the Arabs are insignificant, which isn't true. They made massive contributions to the West.

Since when did I say Arab have no Involvement or Contribution to the West?

I say the West is based on Solely the Ancient Greek, the Roman and the Nomadic. That does not literally translate to the Arab never contribute to the West.......
also what do you think solely means? :pop:

You have to say modern science is at least somewhat based on Arab work.

@Audio

Dome of the Rock is Arab, and a few other things, the Arabs had kings and emperor sort of, not by that name. They didn't sit on their *** and do nothing. Financing buildings, the arts is the business of royalty.

To the American ottoman point, it was in reference to your hans came during the end of rome.

the you get what you get, maybe it was you, maybe not, it was definitely an American member, that much is for sure. Though of course one guy don't represent the group.

The partians still held out parts of the empire and yes their king was deposed, but as there was trouble with the Jews Trajan had to go back, and he did retreat. On his way back to Rome he died of sickness.

Hadrian, pretty much gave up mesopotamia and other conquered parts. So how is this a conquered people? In this sense, he failed, defeated, since he wanted Partia as part of Rome. If you just mean battles, no one wins everything.

All depends on how you see it, you see this as not a defeat? I see this as a defeat due to the main objective not being achieved and the ones that were was not for long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid viet white hybrid don't even know umayad and abassid caliph have ruled Iran or persia for hundreds of years.truely stupid.Sorry for your mom for being considered as coming from a inferior race by his own son.This is freaking disgusting.

he is a stupid liar, just ignore him

The partians still held out parts of the empire and yes their king was deposed, but as there was trouble with the Jews Trajan had to go back, and he did retreat. On his way back to Rome he died of sickness.

Hadrian, pretty much gave up mesopotamia and other conquered parts. So how is this a conquered people? In this sense, he failed, defeated, since he wanted Partia as part of Rome. If you just mean battles, no one wins everything.

All depends on how you see it, you see this as not a defeat? I see this as a defeat due to the main objective not being achieved and the ones that were was not for long.

Hadrian made a conscious choice to retreat to a more feasible/defensible position, a really nice example from recent history would be China:India in '62. Chinese troops also retreated voluntarily (ie-not forced) after gains back to their territory. At least this is what your fellow Chinese say on these forums and they regard the conflict of 62' as a victory.

Also, you are confusing things now, we were talking about Trajan (who conquered and installed a puppet-though briefly, then died) and his supposed failure in this post you talk about his son Hadrian (who decided a better border would be back at the Euphrates where Trajan started out originally).

Hadrian made a conscious choice to retreat to a more feasible/defensible position, a really nice example from recent history would be China:India in '62. Chinese troops also retreated voluntarily (ie-not forced) after gains back to their territory. At least this is what your fellow Chinese say on these forums and they regard the conflict of 62' as a victory.

Also, you are confusing things now, we were talking about Trajan (who conquered and installed a puppet-though briefly, then died) and his supposed failure in this post you talk about his son Hadrian (who decided a better border would be back at the Euphrates where Trajan started out originally).

Yes, but China kept the area that was actually taken, China didn't retreat to the previous lines of control, while Hadrian had to give up mesopotamia and others.

We are just talking Parthia defeating the Romans, doesn't really matter when or who.

Look I am not saying you are wrong, it can certainly seem like Rome won, but I am just saying they did eventually retreat and still lacked a few other strong holds that Trajan couldn't took and it was speculated that his presence at the siege contributed to his illness due to heat.

This is the difference between judea, a conquered people, Parthia not really.

Stupid viet white hybrid don't even know umayad and abassid caliph have ruled Iran or persia for hundreds of years.truely stupid.Sorry for your mom for being considered as coming from a inferior race by his own son.This is freaking disgusting.
Typical of the Chinese crowd to pull out the race card.

Yes, but China kept the area that was actually taken, China didn't retreat to the previous lines of control, while Hadrian had to give up mesopotamia and others.

Unable to reach political accommodation on disputed territory along the 3,225-kilometer-long Himalayan border,[7] the Chinese launched simultaneous offensives in Ladakh and across the McMahon Line on 20 October 1962, coinciding with the Cuban Missile Crisis. Chinese troops advanced over Indian forces in both theatres, capturing Rezang la in Chushul in the western theatre, as well as Tawang in the eastern theatre. The war ended when the Chinese declared a ceasefire on 20 November 1962, and simultaneously announced its withdrawal from the disputed area.

Sino-Indian War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why are you trying to revise history? :disagree:

they did eventually retreat

However, in that year revolts erupted in Palestine, Syria and northern Mesopotamia....Trajan subdued the rebels in Mesopotamia, but having installed the Parthian prince Parthamaspates on the throne there as a client ruler he withdrew his armies, and proceeded to Syria, where he set up his headquarters at Antioch. In 117, before he could reorganize the effort to consolidate Roman control over the Parthian provinces, Trajan died.

Roman–Parthian Wars

Does above really sound like a retreat or going after the rebels that prevented him from destroying all Parthian remnants?

This is the difference between judea, a conquered people, Parthia not really.

Discussion was about:

while the Parthia defeated Rome time and time again at it's highest.
and
We are just talking Parthia defeating the Romans, doesn't really matter when or who.

while in fact the Romans plundered Parthia lol.

Back
Top Bottom