What's new

China sends patrol ship into disputed South China Sea

The reason I posted my five-step process for China's decapitation of Hanoi is the approaching drums of war. China is patient, but their patience has limits.

In 1962, India did not heed China's warning to stop moving the border posts into Chinese territory. In response, the PLA destroyed the Indian Army and opened the road to New Delhi. We are about to witness a repeat of 1962. However, I believe this is different.

Hanoi had already been forewarned in 1979 not to challenge China. This time, when the PLA opens the road to Hanoi, they will burn down the Vietnamese capital to send a stern message: Defy Beijing at your peril.

Quote from China's Global Times: "China will first deal with it with maritime police forces, and if necessary, strike back with naval forces." We may yet see Chinese Rolling Thunder over Hanoi!

The Russians smashed the Georgians. The Americans are bombing the bejesus out of Iraqis, Afghans, and Libyans. It's finally China's turn to demonstrate its Great Power status! Vietnam is volunteering to be China's opponent.

China must react to Vietnam's provocation

"China must react to Vietnam's provocation
Global Times | June 21, 2011 03:06
By Global Times

The ongoing disputes about the South China Sea mostly originate from Vietnam. The biggest challenge of China's insistence on a peaceful solution can also be laid at Vietnam's door.

Depending on how the situation develops, China has to be ready for two plans: negotiate with Vietnam for a peaceful solution, or answer the provocation with political, economic or even military counterstrikes. We have to be clear about the possibility of the second option, so as to let Vietnam remain sober about the South China Sea issue.

Vietnam has been taking risky actions in the South China Sea for some time. It has occupied 29 Chinese islands. It has been gaining the most benefits from undersea natural gas and oil exploitation. It is also the most aggressive in dealing with China.

Vietnam is the major advocate of inviting the US into the South China Sea as a "balance." Its government is also consenting to a growing nationalistic sentiment among its people. Hanoi has been setting a bad example in Southeast Asia.

Vietnam has been trapped in an unrealistic belief that as long as the US balances out the South China Sea issue, it can openly challenge China's sovereignty, and walk away with huge gains.

In previous military conflicts between the two countries, China tried hard to show restraint. But that seems to have only made Vietnam more daring still. Vietnam's interpretation of China's peaceful policy appears to be that whatever Vietnam does, China will refrain from using force.

Since a limited military conflict with China over the South China Sea in 1988, Vietnam has been increasingly aggressive in grabbing islands as its own, ignoring China's traditional policy of "shelving disputes and developing jointly." It is pushing the limits of China's national interest and dignity.

China has to send a clear message that it will take whatever measures necessary to protect its interests in the South China Sea. If Vietnam continues to provoke China in this region, China will first deal with it with maritime police forces, and if necessary, strike back with naval forces.

China should clearly state that if it decides to fight back, it will also take back the islands previously occupied by Vietnam. If Vietnam wants to start a war, China has the confidence to destroy invading Vietnam battleships, despite possible objections from the international community.

The US may add some uncertainty in the South China Sea. China will handle this carefully, and is not likely to engage in a direct confrontation with the US.

China's rise has come at the cost of increasing strategic risks in the south. China will continue its dedication to peace and development, but it has to be ready to face confrontation and showdown. The provocation from Vietnam may become a touchstone."

This article are translated in to Vietnamese and present in most of newspaper in Vietnam.
The most interesting point is Global Time, the English version of newpaper 人民日报 under Communist party òf China.:coffee:

During the 1982 Falkland Islands War, the United States rejected Argentina's argument of physical proximity. Instead, the United States supported British military efforts to assert its historical claims of discovery and sovereignty over the Falkland Islands.

Similarly, the United States should publicly announce its support of China's 1,000-year-old historical claims and territorial sovereignty over the South China Sea islands and area. If the United States fails to reinforce the international-law principle that historical title trumps proximity then the world will degenerate into chaos.

Why should we publicly announce its support of China's 1,000-year-old historical claims and territorial sovereignty over the South China Sea islands and area?

1. USA has no special-close ties relationship with China, but she does with England.
2. The 1,000-year-old historical claims that China announced is being refuted by Vietnam and various South East Asian nations.

The situation is not the same. And in order for USA to support China, we have to find it convincing - instead our Senator McCain has said: “the aggressive behavior of China and the unsubstantiated territorial claims that it seeks to advance” are “exacerbating tensions” in the waters.

a1.jpg

Other countries in the area do not think differently either. :laugh: How can we support you then, China?

If the Vietnamese and Filipinos are permitted to encroach on sovereign Chinese South China Sea territory then the Argentines will be encouraged to launch a second Falkland Islands War. Also, the Spaniards will use the proximity argument and militarily attempt to eject the British from Gibraltar. The Turks will grab the nearby Greek Dodecanese Islands. Last, but not least, the Moroccans will try to seize the proximate Spanish territory of Ceuta.

Who stops them? :azn:

Wars will break out all over the world if proximity is permitted to supersede historical title.

But there are no wars break out from those countries you have mentioned above; instead, the world does see China is not a responsible nation with oil-thirsty ambition however.

Just because so many neighbors are against China's claims, it doesn't mean the neighbors are right. The U.S. should remain neutral and not get involved.

Maybe is because someone make them that way! How wonderful and universal our soft power is.

Peter, you and all of the China-haters are too late. I have posted everywhere in the mainstream media (e.g. Boston Globe, CNBC, CNN, Miami Herald, NASDAQ, Reuters, Sacramento Bee, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Washington Times, etc.) and YouTube over the last 12 days.

This is my reaction to the stubborn Vietnamese posters that came into the Chinese sub-forum and raised a ruckus.

Look in the comment section and the number of "China Lee" comments. Who do you think had the last laugh? You or me?

-----

Here is an example:

Rivals push to rename the South China Sea – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

-----

I am also on foreign websites, such as this one in India.

http://www.2point6billion.com/news/...na-sea-9587.html/comment-page-1#comment-97287

-----

On The Hill's Congress Blog, Senator Inhofe makes his point and I make mine in the first comment.

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-b...-chinas-naval-harassments-cannot-be-tolerated

-----

Senator McCain makes his point in an article and I present the counterpoint in the first comment. Where have you been Peter? You missed the party.

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=452

Is China trying to repeat US type adventurism? If so, in what characteristic?

NICEGUY!! Who the hell is that!!

The account username you used most until it was banned along with a few others. Now you simply start new accounts with American flags in the hope that will make a difference.

Problem is that people can tell who you are even without visual aid.

My friend, you should probably check my account! What wrong with you Chinese these days!

Back
Top Bottom