What's new

China seeks military bases in Pakistan

BS - Chinese are our allies, there is no need for our brotherly country to have bases, it is just another BS article.

Says a viet whose country loves USA tht killed 4 million vietnamese!!

Also the source is just BS not reliable!

he is right.i think you were waiting for the american navy in 71;) but till now after 40k dead maintaining and repairing relationship with america;)

and your political and military leadership dont want to abandon this relationship:azn:

I know that China has a policy of not establishing military bases on foreign soil but this may just be the time she changes that if she feels that she has enough military clout to pull it off. And who better than Pakistan to experiment with?

- Strategic position wrt India
- Strategic position wrt trade routes
- Gateway to Central Asia + oil rich Middle East
- Prickle USA with their own former ally

It all depends on the last point I think. Whether they feel it's time to openly challenge the US... And I have a feeling Pakistan will promptly oblige with relief (Although I hope not).

he is right.i think you were waiting for the american navy in 71;) but till now after 40k dead maintaining and repairing relationship with america;)

and your political and military leadership dont want to abandon this relationship:azn:

Thts why 99.9% Pakistanis hate usa.Can same be said abt viets? heck usa wanted Pak troops on viet soil too.

I see alot of opinions and theories from the article but not one verifiable facts from anyone of significance.

Thts why 99.9% Pakistanis hate usa.Can same be said abt viets? heck usa wanted Pak troops on viet soil too.

Pakistan was not on Viet soil,but they were indeed present during the First Gulf War against Iraq and ofcourse against the Soviets in Afghanistan.I guess almost everybody here knows about the U2 incident that marked the beginning of souring of relations between the Pakistanis and the Soviets.The U2 had flown from a Pakistani airbase near Peshawar controlled by the American forces.

The Americans befriended the Pakistanis and then used them for their own purpose according to their own agenda.Whats wrong with that.Actually nothing is wrong with that.If the Americans used Pakistan,then the Pakistanis let themselves to be used.Nobody can complain.
Each and every player in this World has his own agenda,and it can never match end to end.Its a matter of time before symbiosis turns into commensalism and then what not.

So congratulations to Pakistan on their newly-found relationship.Hope they will learn from the mistakes in the past,and take steps more carefully this time.

sleepless night in mumbai if this is true

More likely there will sleepless nights in Lahore if it is true.

Last time Pakistan gave a base to one its allies to hunt terrorists..the fallout from that incident still haunts every Pakistani to this day.
On many night in many Pakistani cities, Pakistanis are still awoken by sound of gunfire and bomb ripping through a market place.

Back
Top Bottom