What's new

CHINA SEEKS INFLUENCE IN INDIAN OCEAN THROUGH AID TO SRI LANKA: USA

Who care about this. India can freely go to wherever she wants, whereas we will establish our permanent base in the India Ocean, and nothing will change our mind.

Where will be this base in Indian ocean?? Sri lanka? Australia? Thailand?

hahaha playing a scapegoat and showing unwarranted , unnatural affection towards china is funny...... when the tiger and the dragon fight, the mouse is going to get steped on.....

in case of war , hambonota naval base is going to be like pearl harbor

Do India has special rights in the Indian ocean ?

Well the same as you got at your home.

Indian Ocean not owned by one country. Anyone can operate navel ships in IOR. If someone blocks trade activies in IOR. it will be a act of war.

It is something like an untold secret. Why should we block trade routes when we're already on good commercial terms with even China in terms of trade and economics? Blocking is usually done during a full blown war and I don't think we're going to be fighting a full blown war in IOR anytime soon.

by the way the so aircraft carriers will be useless, if China reacts with DF-21 ASBM with its base's in Myanmar. Only that will happen if someone blocks IOR

You over estimate your overlords a little too much. Even they themselves are wondering what parameters to test for a confirmed hit and you're talking as if they've already killed a dozen carriers with it. And apart from our suspicions, there's no Chinese missile base in Burma. Burmese might be a small country, but having a strategic missile base is something really serious. Show me where this is other than guess works.

According to United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea we get 200nm new area I think.

According to the same UN, Saddam had WMDs and your overlord is the worst violator of human rights. Do you agree that as well? I don't think so. So think about it. the Special Economic Zone is 200NM. But who says that cannot be extended? Do you know about the Cod Wars between Iceland and British? If Iceland can get it done, I don't think it should be a problem for us. ;)

Who care about this. India can freely go to wherever she wants, whereas we will establish our permanent base in the India Ocean, and nothing will change our mind.

Same applicable to you as well. You're free to virtually buy of Sri Lanka for all we care. But they will be doing so at their own peril should their territory be used in intentional anti-India activities. As is the common principle in any conflict. You can establish a base there while we can look into SCS for what we find valuable. Its a give and take deal yeah? :cheers:

Where will be this base in Indian ocean?? Sri lanka? Australia? Thailand?

Obviously Hambantota. With Thailand's political Western lean, why would they rent off their country to Chinese? And what good will a base in Australia do to PLAN? They'll be all out of fuel by the time they come to the scene of action should something go wrong with their shipping lanes in Gulf of Aden.

According to the same UN, Saddam had WMDs and your overlord is the worst violator of human rights. Do you agree that as well? I don't think so. So think about it. the Special Economic Zone is 200NM. But who says that cannot be extended? Do you know about the Cod Wars between Iceland and British? If Iceland can get it done, I don't think it should be a problem for us. ;)

Everyone knows who trained them, All Sri Lankans suffered decades. Don't change the topic come back to the topic!

You see what you're trying to show us, power of India? I'm not anti-Indian or Pro-Chinese even it named as "Indian" ocean it does not tell you have super power for what ever thing in this "Indian" ocean. Sri Lanka is in southern part of Asia and we don't meet any country in southern part.:cheers:

Hambantota? nope I don't think Sri Lanka will allow any foreign military base here.

hahaha playing a scapegoat and showing unwarranted , unnatural affection towards china is funny...... when the tiger and the dragon fight, the mouse is going to get steped on.....

in case of war , hambonota naval base is going to be like pearl harbor

Attacking Sri Lanka!!!!

Before attacking Sri Lanka, Your military may face pressure from 3 fronts

It will be interesting to see, how you guys going to handle that.

Hambantota Port 100% Commercial Port.

So online warriors are out with AC, destroyers, corvettes, missiles :lol:

If India wants the IOR it can have them. We'll just have New Delhi in exchange.

2n028zs.jpg

We may have some issues with India,

But interesting issue is no one covers India then we do (Sri Lanka)

Last edited by a moderator:
In India, SriLanka and China realtionships, the geography plays a very important role. SriLanka and India have excellent trade relationship and certainly SriLanka will never allow any Chinese presence that is aganist India.

The only Indian neighbour that will collude with China and act against India is Pakistan. Other countries in the region be it Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or Nepal will not collude with China to act against India. These countries have common interests with India, and geography had also played a major role in cementing the ties

Back
Top Bottom