What's new

China readies draft law for exploration of Indian Ocean

trinity

Reaction score
BEIJING: China is working on a draft for a law on international seabed exploration that would enable it to explore mineral and other deep sea resources in the Indian Ocean and other seas far from its shores, official sources said.

The move is likely to worry New Delhi that keeps a close watch on China's strategic moves in the Indian Ocean with the help of countries like Sri Lanka. Colombo recently supported increased Chinese presence in the Indian Ocean saying China needed to protect its sea trade routes.

The proposed law is part of China's efforts to build itself as a maritime power. The country recently launched its first aircraft carrier.

The standing committee of the Chinese parliament, the National People's Congress, said in a report last week that the absence of a domestic law puts China at a disadvantage in the exploration of international seabed areas.

A law is also required for the country to play a greater role within relevant international organizations, it said.

Ask yourself when our govt cant even frame a proper comprehensive law for rape then how the f-k can we compete with the Chinese. This is another example of incompetence. Our govt (Hell I knew this) was informed about the Chinese intentions a few yrs back but till now have not done a damn thing. Are you telling me we could not frame a law to govern sea mining in the Indian ocean floors? This is ridiculous. At least send some Subsmersibles AUV;s around the Indian ocean and just start dropping flagging markers on the Indian ocean floor in order to start our claims. Wy is China so interested in the Indian ocean? We have leaders who don;t know what they are doing? They are too focused on a few aspects when nation building requires you to be focused on every damn thing. F-king Amateur Time in Delhi. This is another classic f-king example of why I ***** about our incompetence. Just imagine if you or I can do so much, what;s wrong with them? They are out of sync and too corrupted. I can;t say they are dumb, some of them are quite brillant but their drive to help nuture India is just not there. We are too concerned about quotas, castes, etc. All of us regardless of religon, class, caste, gender, need to ask ourselves why is the govt making the stupidest mistakes. Do we jsut allow them to loot and slow India down? I see so many problems but the govt's solution is put a band aid on a problem that needs stitiches. Wake up ppl.

Only intellectuals should run our govt, push for comprehensive changes against corruption, improve the courts and laws plug the gaps in loopholes that allow these scum bags to exploit the ppl, etc. This should have been done yesterday and while doing this we need to keep an eye on defence. We are just making things more difficult for our future generations.

:coffee:
We should welcome china in indian ocean and let them collaborate with lankan counterparts
And indian companies must also be allowed to explore south -china sea in collaboration with vietnam and co.

I am more concerned about surveillance actitivites involving our sea bed. This is crucial information for their subs and surveillance departments. Also, think about the pollution that these guys will put on us. Indian should push forth a comprehensive treaty to push forth the utmost standards in enivormental safety when sea mining. We in India can be deeply affected by such malpractices.

This is the second international sea area got by China from UN, China got first sea area in pacific ocean with 75000 square KM in 2001 from international seabed authority (ISA)。
China got second international sea area in Indian Osean with 10000 square Km in 2011.07, Russia got another one at the same time, exclusive explore right and commercial exploitation of priority.
m_374695.jpg

This is not the wrong of India Government, about teck, ISA encourage any country who has the teck to study and explore the seabed, China Jialong can reach 7000m deep seabed, only US, Russia,France,Japan and China can reach 3500m deep sea
123320677_71n.jpg

rdn_4ec9e8911a71f.jpg

123320564_11n.jpg

d0010a31b3e8b18220b64ca7f5998670.jpg

123340593_61n.jpg

rdn_4ec9e895c3d32.jpg

This is the second international sea area got by China from UN, China got first sea area in pacific ocean with 75000 square KM in 2001 from international seabed authority (ISA)。
China got second international sea area in Indian Osean with 10000 square Km in 2011.07, Russia got another one at the same time, exclusive explore right and commercial exploitation of priority.
m_374695.jpg

This is not the wrong of India Government, about teck, ISA encourage any country who has the teck to study and explore the seabed

Does ISA have any rules regarding the environmental impact of seabed mining.

Does ISA have any rules regarding the environmental impact of seabed mining.
When Indian rocket lauched satellite, one Us newspaper said "This can bring atmospheric pollution and space junk" , same as your
question

Ask yourself when our govt cant even frame a proper comprehensive law for rape then how the f-k can we compete with the Chinese. This is another example of incompetence. Our govt (Hell I knew this) was informed about the Chinese intentions a few yrs back but till now have not done a damn thing. Are you telling me we could not frame a law to govern sea mining in the Indian ocean floors? This is ridiculous. At least send some Subsmersibles AUV;s around the Indian ocean and just start dropping flagging markers on the Indian ocean floor in order to start our claims. Wy is China so interested in the Indian ocean? We have leaders who don;t know what they are doing? They are too focused on a few aspects when nation building requires you to be focused on every damn thing. F-king Amateur Time in Delhi. This is another classic f-king example of why I ***** about our incompetence. Just imagine if you or I can do so much, what;s wrong with them? They are out of sync and too corrupted. I can;t say they are dumb, some of them are quite brillant but their drive to help nuture India is just not there. We are too concerned about quotas, castes, etc. All of us regardless of religon, class, caste, gender, need to ask ourselves why is the govt making the stupidest mistakes. Do we jsut allow them to loot and slow India down? I see so many problems but the govt's solution is put a band aid on a problem that needs stitiches. Wake up ppl.
Oh well, with our present crop of 'leaders' guiding our destinies, what did you expect? 190 Parliamentarians have got cases against them from rape to molestation to extortion to murder, to corruption etc etc. Do they have the time to concentrate on governance seeing they're busy laughing all the way to the bank with their ill gotten wealth and screwing around in their harems? Half of these goddamn scatterbrains are illiterate. Do they even know where the fu@k the bl00dy Indian Ocean is?
Jeez! These morons suck big time!
Only intellectuals should run our govt, push for comprehensive changes against corruption, improve the courts and laws plug the gaps in loopholes that allow these scum bags to exploit the ppl, etc. This should have been done yesterday and while doing this we need to keep an eye on defence. We are just making things more difficult for our future generations.

And pray, where the dickens are we gonna find intellectuals to run the government? One needs at least Rs 5 Crore to stand for an election. How many who want to change the system can afford this mind boggling amount? Only the boot lickers and corrupt multimillionaires can afford this sort of moolah, and people who can contribute a substantial sum to a party are given tickets.

Is there any hope for this country? It's fast becoming a banana republic ruled by mango people in Parliament.

God bless this country! Amen!

CCZ_contractors-resize2.jpg

Sulphides_Global.jpg

India also sign
The exploration contract between the International Seabed Authority and the Department of Ocean Development, India was signed by the Secretary-General and Mr. H. K. Gupta on the 25 March 2002 at the Authority's Headquarters

IndianOcean.jpg

Oh well, with our present crop of 'leaders' guiding our destinies, what did you expect? 190 Parliamentarians have got cases against them from rape to molestation to extortion to murder, to corruption etc etc. Do they have the time to concentrate on governance seeing they're busy laughing all the way to the bank with their ill gotten wealth and screwing around in their harems? Half of these goddamn scatterbrains are illiterate. Do they even know where the fu@k the bl00dy Indian Ocean is?
Jeez! These morons suck big time!

And pray, where the dickens are we gonna find intellectuals to run the government? One needs at least Rs 5 Crore to stand for an election. How many who want to change the system can afford this mind boggling amount? Only the boot lickers and corrupt multimillionaires can afford this sort of moolah, and people who can contribute a substantial sum to a party are given tickets.

Is there any hope for this country? It's fast becoming a banana republic ruled by mango people in Parliament.

God bless this country! Amen!

Orion let me ask you how many Parliamentarians are there in total? And when you refer to 5 crores is that a requirement or do you mean the amount needed just to contest with reagrd to fee's, publicity, etc. Im trying to think of ways to counter this about internet pentration in India is pretty dysmal still. Its getting better but still many don;t have 24-7 access and when they do, they don;t know where to go to get such vital info that would change their perceptions and gound their reality. TV and Papers are still the preferred method for news but look at the assault on those outlets. Its too expensive to buy a TV station and news outlets are hard to start.

All Im saying is don;t give up. I gave up 10 yrs ago but had an enlightening moment. When you fight, they will fight harder but that's when you change the variables.

Indian Ocean may koi bhi aa sakta hai.

South China sea mein koi bhi nahi ja sakta hai, saala tere baap ka hai kya ?

Speak English plz. Why do you keep switching flags.

When Indian rocket lauched satellite, one Us newspaper said "This can bring atmospheric pollution and space junk" , same as your
question

Big difference between "Can" and "Has". China HAS created space pollution when you fired missiles into space and destroyed satelites. The rsult was debris that will have a harmful impact on future Satelites in that orbit.

Big difference between "Can" and "Has". China HAS created space pollution when you fired missiles into space and destroyed satelites. The rsult was debris that will have a harmful impact on future Satelites in that orbit.
any launch must bring air pullution, the last stage of rocket must will be space junk, and any satelites must be a space junk after lifespan,any satelites will broken into small pieces by hiting with other junk in 5 years after lifespan over, destroyed by mssile only put the time ahead 5 years.
Russia US also had did this(US in 1985,2008), China only did once and will not do it again

human had made more than 4000launchs, 6600 spacecrafts, Soviet Union/Russia had 3500, US had 1800 spacecrafts, China launched less than 200 times, Japan had 120 spacecrafts , India launched less than 50 times,

I am more concerned about surveillance actitivites involving our sea bed. This is crucial information for their subs and surveillance departments. Also, think about the pollution that these guys will put on us. Indian should push forth a comprehensive treaty to push forth the utmost standards in enivormental safety when sea mining. We in India can be deeply affected by such malpractices.
I too agree with you very much abt your concerns. We all are aware what is the real motive of chinese navy.
Our government need to stand tough to this matter and need to politically welcome chinese ships ,only when they are ready to let us explore in south china sea .If they want some then they have to give some.
And if they go ahead which i dnt think then win-win situation for both you check my capabilities i check yours

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom