What's new

China prepares for war 'in all directions'

Some members claim Tibet and Xinjiang based on the fact that they were part of the Qing dynasty and modern Govts are successors of it.
Bad idea to do so,since they"ll end up having disputes with many nations.

ROC_Administrative_and_Claims.jpg

What else do we need to claim those territories?

What a stupid and clueless Indian style argument!

Can you tell me, who inherited the territory and sovereignty of the Qing dynasty, in addition to China(Mainland and Taiwan)? Any other?

a same comment by an Indian chief would have different effect among forum members here.......the guy would have become a war mongering one......

Well, it means you must be unfamiliar with the double standard game played by our Indian counterparts.

I find these historical justification discussions tedious.

Here is the bottom line. There are no country in the world that claims Tibet and Xin Jiang as their territory. No government recognizes either country and all recognizes those two places as integral parts of China.

Unless there are some current political changes that brings this into dispute, I'm not interested. We are not here to provide you an outlet to work your frustrations against China, the nation.

international reality, and we give up some territory, according to the territorial agreement.

This is something i admire about the current Chinese govt for making compromises for solving border disputes.

I believe there also another factor when it comes to claiming territory which is the consent of the inhabitant population

This is a common practice in general. What surprise?

It comes with a tinge of surprise because my nation mostly formed on 2 lines.
India at that time was made up of 493 princely states.

1.Integration of the princely states
2.The views of the local population i.e a plebiscite

The methods to do so ,varied from diplomacy to military occupation.

Political_integration_of_India

Last edited:
India would not encompass as much territory or be a unified country if not for British colonization.

Sadly Mount Batten's effort have gone unnoticed.

Though i wouldn't credit much to British colonization.Because the princely states held same amount of aversion for each other,prior and after the arrival and departure of the British.
None of them choose to unite in the face of an external enemy.

Last edited:
Sadly Mount Batten's effort have gone unnoticed.

Though i wouldn't credit much to British colonization.Because the princely states held same amount of aversion for each other,prior and after the arrival and departure of the British.
None of them choose to unite in the face of an external enemy.

Right and the same thing could be said of Clement Attlee. What of it? and how are these statements meant to disprove the importance of the British in forming the idea of modern India ?

The problem that arises here is that India was bordering Xinjiang and Tibet,which were yet to be a part of China.

Right and the British redrew their borders to take advantage of a lapsed Chinese administration. They wanted a buffer against Russia and drew their maps to suit this purpose. The fault comes when India tried to inherit these nakedly opportunistic claims. There lies the roots of 1962.

Nehru forgot temporarily whether he was administrating India the post-colonial sovereign nation or India of the British empire.

Can you tell me, who inherited the territory and sovereignty of the Qing dynasty, in addition to China(Mainland and Taiwan)? Any other?

Though my knowledge is limited about how ROC came into existence

Well,if you mean any other nations which were part of Qing territory but are modern states.
One Mongolia,also we can also count tributaries like Korea.

Though my knowledge is limited about how ROC came into existence

Well,if you mean any other nations which were part of Qing territory but are modern states.
One Mongolia,also we can also count tributaries like Korea.

No other country to announce this point, Mongolia or Korea just declared their own country. Internationally recognized as that People's Republic is isuccessor from allancient Chinese dynasties, this is the information on the history books and numerous international public.

Last edited:
The problem that arises here is that India was bordering Xinjiang and Tibet,which were yet to be a part of China.

What is that? China's ownership of Tibet and Xinjiang's territory for at least several hundred years, without interruption period.

This is something i admire about the current Chinese govt for making compromises for solving border disputes.

I believe there also another factor when it comes to claiming territory which is the consent of the inhabitant population

It comes with a tinge of surprise because my nation mostly formed on 2 lines.
India at that time was made up of 493 princely states.

1.Integration of the princely states
2.The views of the local population i.e a plebiscite

The methods to do so ,varied from diplomacy to military occupation.

Political_integration_of_India

Kashmir?

In fact, you said just a game, you know.

What is that? China's ownership of Tibet and Xinjiang's territory for at least several hundred years, without interruption period.

I think he is confusing a lack of central control with a lack of sovereignty. I should note no country ever extended recognition to Tibet or Xin Jiang during that period.

Back
Top Bottom