What's new

China permits Indian basmati rice imports

The keyword here is individual preference and the quality assurance. Lacking in one of these two is already a hindrance, lacking in both will only spell disaster for business even there is a good discount. For food, this is even more obvious.

I don't know what are you talking about but in India a very good quality Basmati Rice(longer length, taste and fragrance) is of the price $3-3.5 per kg in India. So, since you guys are importing a rice variety which is considered as a patented-delicacy so it is expected that you are not going to get it in the price of ordinary rice.

I heard that Chinese waste lots of money for tasteless delicacy like "Shark fin Soup", so you are free to do what you want.

Now our Chinese friends would get a taste and fragrance of real Basmati rice--the undisputed king of rice varieties. Though my region uses similar thick rice grains that south Indians and Chinese do, being living in north India, I prefer the basmati extra long grains anyday. :D

Good for india, but as the article itself says that it wont be easy to penetrate the market as its been dominated by PAK & Thailand.. plus "Pakistan is expected to ship 200,000 tonnes to China"

Why not merge this with the other thread on Basmati Rice ?

Indian insecurity ???

"China has been importing Pakistani aromatic rice for the past few years. Islamabad is known to have been persuading China not to allow Indian basmati because it will affect its already small export basket. What is more, Pakistan has begun to push China to buy more of its cotton yarn after New Delhi slapped a partial ban on cotton exports."

So who is crybaby here ?

In canada i buy 5 kg for 11 dollars indian basmati...the good brand is 10-11...crappier ones you can get for 8-9.

For India selling rice to china is not big deal..but for Pakistan sharing trade in China..is big blow...I dont care who's rice is better...as long we are selling our rice....

So who is crybaby here ?

India is the crybaby because she cried for more than 6 years until China was fed up and decided to let little import from India.

For India selling rice to china is not big deal..but for Pakistan sharing trade in China..is big blow...I dont care who's rice is better...as long we are selling our rice....

^^^LOL !!!

Not a big deal and yet spend more than 6 years begging China to import Basmati rice.

Good for india, but as the article itself says that it wont be easy to penetrate the market as its been dominated by PAK & Thailand.. plus "Pakistan is expected to ship 200,000 tonnes to China"

We are dominated US, Canada and UK market..we will capture China also....that is exactly Pakistan worry...but all weather friend did not care about Pakistan...looks like China is not friend in summer weather :D

India is the crybaby because she cried for more than 6 years until China was fed up and decided to let little import from India.

^^^LOL !!!

Not a big deal and yet spend more than 6 years begging China to import Basmati rice.

Because we want to give competition to Pakistan in China :D

have you seen any Pakistanis here huffing over it? It's business. What we're laughing at is the fact that indians wag their tails over something like this....as if to imply that if Pakistan looks after its own interest or China looks after its own interest that suddenly they are sworn enemies :lol:

you people are SO emotional and you should try to overcome that......

again, you have to view things on an aggregate level.....if Pakistan loses out on market share in China - it can be made up in other markets (e.g. Malaysia). I already posted this link earlier, but obviously it went un-noticed due to the completely ignorant, thickheaded nature of some of the posters here

Pak rice export to Malaysia grew by 244pc in two years

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

and all this despite floods, hoarding to Afghanistan and other ills which the government hasntbeen able to address.....so even at sub-optimal performance the scenario is not looking bleak. Imagine if things were being done the proper way.

Because we want to give competition to Pakistan in China :D

competition is healthy....i'm glad to see indians woke up from their degenerate marxist/communist sleep for so long and have embraced capitalism

Why we are talking about India and Pakistan....we should understand why china allowed India even though Pakistan urged China against it

People here are forgetting one thing very common in each society. 8/10 % of high class (rich) population eat for STATUS and not for hunger. It's natural and normal in all societies. And THAT's the MARKET for the things that common people don't need.

Even most of Indian can't afford Basamati. But look at the sells. I am not talking about export. Same apply for US or Chinese food in India. Common Indians don't preffer them but the people with money definately have that.

It's human nature to get attracted to Forgin things.

Yeah,they pay for the best and they should expect the best to be served. And any restaurant which they do dare to compromise on these high standards, will jeopardise their business for good. And what make you think that your india bamasti rice will be badly sought after in high class resturants? in term of what quality? assured by what standard?

And FYI, rice is usally a side plate and not a main course . No dinner will go for the rice in a high class eating place e.g. I will not order a plate of nasi briyani there, although I am not sure about south asian. That is the different in the food culture which you guys need to understand!

Back
Top Bottom