What's new

CHINA IS BEING COMPARED TO PRE-WWI IMPERIAL GERMANY

:tup:

but you have to realise that most of the time Indians, oops sorry I mean Americans :azn: , think slowly... :smitten:

That is very true, at very deep levels. Although there is every reason to believe that Solomon2 is not South Asian, but an American of some other ethnic variety, you have hit upon a very deep philosophical characterisation. It seems to me to be the difference between the abacus, on the one hand, and the intellect that discovered the concept of the 0 on the other.

I hope that this illustration will suffice.

After WW II, Japan was no longer an aggressive imperial power but a devastatedly defeated and occupied country. But there are significant comparables between China and that defeated Japan. The US and Chinese nationalism ensured that China was no longer in danger of the return of colonialism. However, that does not mean some of the institutions of colonialism, namely administrative ones, cannot be adapted alongside China's long established bureaucracies from the dynasties, not to rebuild, but to build upon, to make China progressive in every way. Adopting communism was a monumental blunder to that great potential. Japan surged and sped ahead of communist China. Same for South Korea.

Not much economics to learn from Mao's little red book, eh? :lol:

Don't repeat the old joke over and over all the time! :lol: Not again!

Is your literacy level really hampering your reading the facts? :taz:

Before the CPC took over in 1949, literacy in China was about 20%, life expectancy was 35 years.

If China were to take democracy of Western type, it will be at best another India or the Philippines.

China's Humane Development - and India's Tragic Path by John Walsh

On the face of it India and China would seem to be quite comparable. China is, after all, the most populous nation on earth, with about 1.3 billion humans, and India is second, with approximately 1.1 billion. China won Liberation by force with Mao's Communist revolution in 1949 and India was "granted" Independence by Great Britain at about the same time, in 1947. At that time India's GDP was estimated to be about twice that of China's. But today ...

Other facts: http://elsa.berkeley.edu/~yqian/econ162/econ162 topic02s.pdf
Comparisons: China (1952) vs. India (1950)
China 1952 India 1950
GDP per capita ($) 50 60
Population (million) 573 358
Industrial output per capita
Coal (kg) 96 97
Steel (kg) 2 4
Electricity (kw) 0.005 0.04
Cotton spindles 0.01 0.03
Railroads (km, 1936) 20,746 72,000

We know Western powers love to see a miserable picture of democracy in unoccupied and independent countries like this.

About Mao, some recent study shows that Mao actually laid down the foundation for current Chinese manufacturing power through industrialization.

You do not have any realistic view to the development of a country, I ask you, you are very satisfied with India? Would you like to live in India?

He basically wants all countries to be occupied ones, so those countries have no voice of their own, subject to the will of the western powers... but are material machines and well-fed animals...like Japan, S Korea.

:devil:

... you have hit upon a very deep philosophical characterisation.

Thank you, but no deep, no deep here, I can assure you. :agree:

And no need to be intimidated, really. :smitten:

It seems to me to be the difference between the abacus, on the one hand, and the intellect that discovered the concept of the 0 on the other. I hope that this illustration will suffice.

abacus vs. 0 ? ;)

Ah, then of course, as being illustrated thouroughly as recent as in the Olympics and the Asian Games?

what was that again ? 100 vs. 0 ?

no? or 150 vs. 0? :hitwall:

Shall we agree that the 0 attitude & 0 achievement are quite time-proven concepts with face value of, needless to say, zero? :yahoo:

keep it up! :hang2:

Is your literacy level really hampering your reading the facts? :taz:

Before the CPC took over in 1949, literacy in China was about 20%, life expectancy was 35 years.

If China were to take democracy of Western type, it will be at best another India or the Philippines.

Other facts: http://elsa.berkeley.edu/~yqian/econ162/econ162 topic02s.pdf

We know Western powers love to see a miserable picture of democracy in unoccupied and independent countries like this.

About Mao, some recent study shows that Mao actually laid down the foundation for current Chinese manufacturing power through industrialization.

I just quickly read thru the piece of John Walsh you quoted. Compact and to the point! :tup: You should cite it more here sometimes!

Good admonishment to China. Hopefully for the sake of the Chinese people that joke called 'communism' will not be repeated again, at least for a very long time...:lol:

Why India or the PI? Why not Japan or South Korea? Hmmm...Or are you admitting that the Japanese and the Koreans are superior in some ways?

Yes...That foundation composed of many Chinese bodies.

Why India or the PI? Why not Japan or South Korea? Hmmm...Or are you admitting that the Japanese and the Koreans are superior in some ways?
Perhaps the fact that US takes care of the military and helped them in the early years has something to do with it.

Yes...That foundation composed of many Chinese bodies.
Just the US manufacturing foundation was built by enslaved Africans on land taken from the Natives.

Perhaps the fact that US takes care of the military and helped them in the early years has something to do with it.

Just the US manufacturing foundation was built by enslaved Africans on land taken from the Natives.

oh, in my account of war crimes of the US i have forgotten the millions of africans that died on their way to being slaves in the US.

Back
Top Bottom