What's new

China crisis over Yangtze river drought forces drastic dam measures

Im surprised tht you consider development to be directly related to democratic evolution.

The fact that eludes u , or maybe u chose to remain ignorant of them just to prove ur point is...
India is in no way ahead America in corruption or China or Russia for that matter.
It may be convenient to mingle facts on this forum to prove points to less insightful individuals but;
India having more corruption than America ? oh please . America is the epitome of corrupt practices from wall street to the Goldman sachs and Bildermen.
There so deep in that there wars are not even in the control of the democratic Govt
May i remind u of the one 12 billion or so scam vis a vis Chinas High speed train project(a conservative estimate)?
or of the nest of MAfias that plague Russia

Just cause India choses to be overly melodramatic doesn't make it more corrupt .
India indeed is in a process of development but Even in India we can get Helthcare for free.:coffee:

The development of a country are directly related to the maturity of its ideology. To prove my point you can look at where America is now in comparison to India. Without adequate management and governance the country would not have been so well developed. To further develop itself, it will have to ensure that its ideological values remains or polished.

In regards to corruption, it's not for you to say who is more corrupted. Those are things hidden in the dark waiting to be exposed. The 12 or so billion high Speed Train scan is nothing in comparison to the corruption found in India.

Corruption in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
India tops the list for black money in the entire world with almost US$1456 billion in Swiss banks (USD 1.4 trillion approximately) in the form of black money.[9] According to the data provided by the Swiss Banking Association Report (2006), India has more black money than the rest of the world combined.

$1.4 trillion in the Swiss bank is a shocking figure coming from a developing country. If you can call that melodramatic then I feel sorry for the 40%+ who is still living below the line of poverty in India:

BBC News - India aid programme 'beset by corruption' - World Bank

Attempts by the Indian government to combat poverty are not working, according to the World Bank.

The governing coalition spends billions of dollars - more than 2% of its gross domestic product - on helping the poor.

But a new World Bank report says aid programmes are beset by corruption, bad administration and under-payments.

As an example, the report cites grain: only 40% of grain handed out for the poor reaches its intended target

Good to see India get free health care. Lets hope that free health care does not come packaged with high malnutrition levels and fatality rates. :coffee:

Im surprised tht you consider development to be directly related to democratic evolution.

The fact that eludes u , or maybe u chose to remain ignorant of them just to prove ur point is...
India is in no way ahead America in corruption or China or Russia for that matter.
It may be convenient to mingle facts on this forum to prove points to less insightful individuals but;
India having more corruption than America ? oh please . America is the epitome of corrupt practices from wall street to the Goldman sachs and Bildermen.
There so deep in shi*, that there wars are not even in the control of the democratic Govt
May i remind u of the one 12 billion or so scam vis a vis Chinas High speed train project(a conservative estimate)?
or of the nest of MAfias that plague Russia

Just cause India choses to be overly melodramatic doesn't make it more corrupt .
India indeed is in a process of development but Even in India we can get Helthcare for free.:coffee:

The US may be bad, and China may be worse, but at least the money went somewhere. In the US it went towards world domination, in China it went towards clean energy. Where does it go in India? You know better than I do, but I know there's vote buying and Swiss bank accounts.

Chinese people have more freedom to decide their future than Indians do. Have you personally taken part in a protest? Have you personally taken part in a VIOLENT protest? Last year, Hunan University of Technology cut power and water to the male dorms for 3 days. Students smashed cars and threw 10 kg hot water bottles down from the top of the building. Power was restored quickly. Nothing happened to the students.

If you haven't been in a violent protest, then how do you know India will treat you better?

The US may be bad, and China may be worse, but at least the money went somewhere. In the US it went towards world domination, in China it went towards clean energy. Where does it go in India? You know better than I do, but I know there's vote buying and Swiss bank accounts.
Hold on there ...ur corruption money went to lean energy ? Hhah ..what did ur corrupt people fart after eating all that up and then send it back to CHina as biogas so that it could use as clean energy? Hmmm .....Eurika!

Chinese people have more freedom to decide their future than Indians do. Have you personally taken part in a protest? Have you personally taken part in a VIOLENT protest? Last year, Hunan University of Technology cut power and water to the male dorms for 3 days. Students smashed cars and threw 10 kg hot water bottles down from the top of the building. Power was restored quickly. Nothing happened to the students.

If you haven't been in a violent protest, then how do you know India will treat you better?[/QUOTE]
YEs i have been in protest and College riots are hardly protests..(unfortunately ive experienced that too)
Does that answer ur question?

Wikipiedia really?
India lost $462 bn to 'black money'

India Lost $462 Billion To Illicit Financial Flows From 1948-2008 - Corruption Currents - WSJ
and the 462 billion sums up to about 213 billion in out flows...which means the rest of the money ended up Indirectly in money laundering Inside India.

First of all, thanks Indians for your concern regarding our problems of our drought crisis, hopefully we won't end up having thousands of farmers committing suicide because of that.

Well, interesting to know how "incredible India" providing free "health care" to their people while spent less than some poor african countries, must be money fall from "heaven" to reward the biggest democracy on the planet. :lol:
India ranks 171 out of 175 in public health spending, says WHO study - Times Of India

Btw, does the citizens in the biggest democracy need to eat or perhaps by being the biggest exporter of "talks"( thanks to the cheap call centers") will get the job done? if yes, "impressive" i must say. :oops: Guess we need to learn a lot from you guys.:partay:
India tops world hunger chart | NowPublic News Coverage

First of all, thanks Indians for your concern regarding our problems of our drought crisis, hopefully we won't end up having thousands of farmers committing suicide because of that.

Well, interesting to know how "incredible India" providing free "health care" to their people while spent less than some poor african countries, must be money fall from "heaven" to reward the biggest democracy on the planet.
India ranks 171 out of 175 in public health spending, says WHO study - Times Of India

Btw, does the citizens in the biggest democracy need to eat or perhaps by being the biggest exporter of "talks"( thanks to the cheap call centers") will get the job done? if yes, "impressive" i must say. Guess we need to learn a lot from you guys.
India tops world hunger chart | NowPublic News Coverage

^^^^YAY Nothing like an Insecure Chinese :tup:

Wikipiedia really?
India lost $462 bn to 'black money'

India Lost $462 Billion To Illicit Financial Flows From 1948-2008 - Corruption Currents - WSJ
and the 462 billion sums up to about 213 billion in out flows...which means the rest of the money ended up Indirectly in money laundering Inside India.

Yes and that was for the sake of convenience. You can find similar articles everywhere.

$1.4 Trillion India’s Black Money Stashed in Swiss Banks

According to the data provided by the Swiss bank, India has more black money than rest of the world combined. India topping the list with almost $1500 Billion black money in swiss banks, followed by Russia $470 Billion, UK $390 Billion, Ukraine $100 Billion and China with $96 Billion.

It’s embarrassing for any country to top the list of black money holders. The money which belongs to the nation and it’s citizens, is stashed in the illegal personal accounts of corrupt politicians, IRS, IPS officers and industrialists. An amount which is 13 times larger than the nations foreign debt. Every year this amount is increasing at a rapid speed but the Indian government seem to be silent over this matter from a very long time. The total black money accounts for 40% of GDP of India

$104 billion black money taken out of country - Hindustan Times

A new report by Global Financial Integrity (GFI),a US-based think tank,states that illicit financial flows from India between 2000-2008 were approximately $104 billion (approx Rs. 4.8 lakh crore).

That estimate was based on 2000-2008 alone and you're trying to talk about 1948-2008 and skipping 2008 onwards?

Too much for an an Insecure Indian to accept? :tup:

lol i jump for joy i dont live in the toxic dump china your bolth in the same boat:)

in this thread.... indian member tries to convince us that india is better than america

i lol'd

In the long run these dams were a great idea. There wouldn't be any water as backup to release without them.

i don't understand why people here are blaming the dam for the drought. the dam didn't create the drought. at least with the dam chinese officials have the option to release stored water to alleviate water shortages downstream. without the dam that water store wouldn't even be there.

Back
Top Bottom