What's new

China crisis over Yangtze river drought forces drastic dam measures

Pls stick to the topic and update yourself. This is 2011 not 2006.

Coming back to the topic, I was only saying that there is no need to build such huge dams just for the sake of building it. People around the world including me will marvel at these mega dams.. but at the end of the day, its your dam and you have to face the consequences related to it.Its up to you to decide whether the price needed to be paid for this type of projects like irreversible ecological damage is worth it.

Wake up!!! You live in India. Stop acting like you live in Switzerland or Sweden and passing judgment on the developing world.

Earth to delusional Indian man, please look at your surroundings and come back to reality.

Nobody wants your land because 800 million uneducated, starving people comes with it. Nobody wants to live in your kleptocracy. 800 million illiterate voters combined with vote buying is hardly democracy.

A pointless attempt to troll

Its funny to see you despise democracy while sitting under the freedom that a democracy provides.

Its funny to see you despise democracy while sitting under the freedom that a democracy provides.

Who said I despised a real democracy?? You live in a kleptocracy ruled by the Nehru-Gadhi dynasty. I would take the CPC over any Indian govt. any day.

Then who the hell is the largest democracy in the world...china? Libya?..:rofl:

Despite being the biggest democratic country in the world, India's democracy is still infant when compared to the west.

As for your earlier comments on communism in China. I would like to see how you come about justifying it since China isn't a true Communist country to begin with. Everyone knows being a true Communist country will not make you the second "richest" right? Even the father of Communism Russia in it's Soviet days never came close to China's present economy.

Wake up!!! You live in India. Stop acting like you live in Switzerland or Sweden and passing judgment on the developing world.

Earth to delusional Indian man, please look at your surroundings and come back to reality.

You don't have to be a citizen of developed country to care for your environment.

I am well aware of the surroundings. Even in India environment is being destructed at a break neck speed in the name of development. I am not against development but that should be not at the cost of our environment as we are answerable to the future generations for the deeds that we do now.

Then who the hell is the largest democracy in the world...china? Libya?..:rofl:

Who cares about the largest?? That's just an Indian catch phrase, nobody else cares. With your vote buying and massive corruption and uneducated masses, who cares about size. If you guys breed to 15 billion people, your real GDP will surpass the US too, but who cares??

Despite being the biggest democratic country in the world, India's democracy is still infant when compared to the west.

As for your earlier comments on communism in China. I would like to see how you come about justifying it since China isn't a true Communist country to begin with. Everyone knows being a true Communist country will not make you the second "richest" right? Even the father of Communism Russia in it's Soviet days never came close to China's present economy.

Indian democracy is Infantile? Really?
America is no were close to what India has now. America has already sold out it Democratic institutions for Corporatism and PR campaigns.

Indians still have the capacity to challenge there leaders anytime and still feels Empowered (at least up to the level of lower middle class)

Dont make a point just for the sake of it.
Pointless as all this debating is ... CHina my be more democratic for the richer of the populace but the poor suffer non the less...and unfortunately India too seems to be doing the same sort of stuff despite its democracy.

development only comes at the cost of poor livelihood and when a billion+ infest the nation such events become an unrelenting eventuality .

You don't have to be a citizen of developed country to care for your environment.

I am well aware of the surroundings. Even in India environment is being destructed at a break neck speed in the name of development. I am not against development but that should be not at the cost of our environment as we are answerable to the future generations for the deeds that we do now.

Look, you are obviously not very intelligent, so I will take it easy on you.
The thread topic is about China. China is NOT your environment. Worry about your own country first before you stick your nose in somebody else's.

Who said I despised a real democracy?? You live in a kleptocracy ruled by the Nehru-Gadhi dynasty. I would take the CPC over any Indian govt. any day.

klep·toc·ra·cy 
[klep-tok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural ‐cies.
a government or state in which those in power exploit national resources and steal; rule by a thief or thieves.

Politically I am on the opposite side of Congress, but I would never use the word 'thief' to describe Nehru-Gandhi family.

And what makes you so sure about CPC after all its an all powerful exclusive club where people are selected based on the loyalty to the party.

Look, you are obviously not very intelligent, so I will take it easy on you.
The thread topic is about China. China is NOT your environment. Worry about your own country first before you stick your nose in somebody else's.

You are absolutely right about this one or else why should I debate with an intelligent fellow like you sitting half away across the world at 2:50 in the night while I rather be sleeping like normal intelligent people do

Also when it comes to environmental factors, there is no India, Pakistan & China- there is only World

Indian democracy is Infantile? Really?
America is no were close to what India has now. America has already sold out it Democratic institutions for Corporatism and PR campaigns.

Indians still have the capacity to challenge there leaders anytime and still feels Empowered (at least up to the level of lower middle class)

Dont make a point just for the sake of it.
Pointless as all this debating is ... CHina my be more democratic for the richer of the populace but the poor suffer non the less...and unfortunately India too seems to be doing the same sort of stuff despite its democracy.

development only comes at the cost of poor livelihood and when a billion+ infest the nation such events become an unrelenting eventuality .

Of course America is nowhere close to India is now. One is a 'developed' and 'advanced' nation while the other is non other than a 'developing nation'. America gave birth to democracy and has been enjoying the benefits of its ideology for quite sometime.

Having a population beyond a billion and housing various groups of ethnicities will, without doubt, have major impacts on the standards of living and rights regardless of the country's ideology. But it is no shield against the fact that it is still infantile in comparison to the west. You are either there or you are not. America as a whole are way more developed than India is and India is still riddled with corruption (swiss bank scandals) and having some of the worse standards of living found here on earth.

So fact remains, India is indeed behind and it has a lot of catching up to do.

Of course America is nowhere close to India is now. One is a 'developed' and 'advanced' nation while the other is non other than a 'developing nation'. America gave birth to democracy and has been enjoying the benefits of its ideology for quite sometime.

Having a population beyond a billion and housing various groups of ethnicities will, without doubt, have major impacts on the standards of living and rights regardless of the country's ideology. But it is no shield against the fact that it is still infantile in comparison to the west. You are either there or you are not. America as a whole are way more developed than India is and India is still riddled with corruption (swiss bank scandals) and having some of the worse standards of living found here on earth.

So fact remains, India is indeed behind and it has a lot of catching up to do.

Im surprised tht you consider development to be directly related to democratic evolution.

The fact that eludes u , or maybe u chose to remain ignorant of them just to prove ur point is...
India is in no way ahead America in corruption or China or Russia for that matter.
It may be convenient to mingle facts on this forum to prove points to less insightful individuals but;
India having more corruption than America ? oh please . America is the epitome of corrupt practices from wall street to the Goldman sachs and Bildermen.
There so deep in shi*, that there wars are not even in the control of the democratic Govt
May i remind u of the one 12 billion or so scam vis a vis Chinas High speed train project(a conservative estimate)?
or of the nest of MAfias that plague Russia

Just cause India choses to be overly melodramatic doesn't make it more corrupt .
India indeed is in a process of development but Even in India we can get Helthcare for free.:coffee:

you mean 'indian' healthcare or helthcare?
Hospitals maybe have to pay the patients for them to have that style healthcare in other place of world.

Back
Top Bottom