What's new

Chief of the Army Staff | General Raheel Sharif's Desk.

Gen Raheel Sharif meets PM David Cameron

Dawn.com

54b6b5cef1f08.jpg

Gen Raheel Sharif meeting with UK Prime Minister David Cameron at 10 Downing Street. -

ISLAMABAD: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen Raheel Sharif on Wednesday visited 10 Downing Street and met with British Prime Minister David Cameron.

In a series of tweets, ISPR spokesman Asim Bajwa said the COAS raised issue of action against proscribed organisations, anti-Pakistan elements operating from outside Pakistan and measures to choke terror financing.

The COAS also called on Secretary of Defence Michael Fallen and held extensive talks with Chief of the Defence Staff UK, Gen Sir Nicholas Houghton on regional security, stability in Afghanistan, mutual defence and security cooperation.

He also met Home Office Permanent Secretary Mark Sedwill and Director General of the Office for Security and Counter-Terrorism (OSCT) Charles Farr and discussed intelligence sharing and terrorism cooperation.

Sharif, who is on a three-day visit, also met with the National Security advisor Sir Kim Darroch.

He was presented full guard of honour and was as accompanied by Chief of the Defence Staff UK, Gen Sir Nicholas Houghton.

B7U8LjAIMAAnsAy.jpg:large

Pakistan's High Commissioner to UK Syed Ibne Abbas and senior British defence officials received the army chief upon his arrival.

The COAS was expected to brief British leaders on Pakistan's war against terror and the ongoing Operation Zarb-i-Azb.

Pakistan's military in mid-June had launched an all-out operation, named 'Zarb-i-Azb', against Taliban militants in the region which is still under way.

just look at the faces of both the leaders..... it is very tense.... as the situation requires..... also it shows that this coas means real business and british PM also knows that as his looks are telling......

Yes he means business........................

I thought Gen Kiyani was a popular COAS, but it appears Gen Raheel has replaced him by leaps and bounds. He has brought respect and honour back into the institution. If he continues on the same path as he is on right now, he will retire as one of the most popular and well respected COAS.

I thought Gen Kiyani was a popular COAS, but it appears Gen Raheel has replaced him by leaps and bounds. He has brought respect and honour back into the institution. If he continues on the same path as he is on right now, he will retire as one of the most popular and well respected COAS.
of all time! Do not forget he comes from a Family whom many regard today as 'born to fight' warrior family.

Good riddance !!! Thank god that jerk "Kayani" is gone, he brought nothing to Pakistan beside death and destruction and almost an international isolation. These bloody highly overrated Generals are a bane and curse on the country.

He is really confident commander. He knows clearly what he is up to. I still remember his authoritative tone and his famous dialogue " I am the only boss here. Look into my eyes while I am talking to you." Proud of you sir.

A massive earthquake is on the way.

It will potentially take out corrupt generals, Pump Khan, NS and all the others.

We have wasted a lot of time on you. Now is the time for the payback!

All the energies are focused on this.

Revolutionary leader that married in the middle of a so called revolution should come back too. We want him to be the part of this!

We have also concluded that Pakistani generals are all corrupt. Kiyani was corrupt and so were his monkeys. Raheel did not take any action. Meaning he and his monkeys are corrupt too.

Get ready. No one will be spared.

Those that already moved abroad will have sissy and dic*less children. Trannies too.

Stop Propaganda against mil leadership

After the chief gave danda to noora in the action plan review committee, the fuel crisis has begun to subside n fuel has misteriously started to appear at the pumps
Will go away completely in the next couple of days

After the chief gave danda to noora in the action plan review committee, the fuel crisis has begun to subside n fuel has misteriously started to appear at the pumps
Will go away completely in the next couple of days

And outside of the usual political bashing....your point was????

Other than the friendship rhetoric , are there any fruits / defense deals / new agreements from the COAS China visit?

Back
Top Bottom