What's new

Chennai police to hotels: Ban Lankans

Why can SL first pass laws to provide equal rights to SL Tamil's and allow them to live peacefully and then send its tourists for pilgrimage?

Make SL Tamils Happy, Indian Tamil will be happy and forget things which once happened in 2009. Every wound needs time to heal!

Once again, what does a SL civilian have to do with what it's government does or does not do? We are behaving like the paranoid western world where every brown skinned person is double checked at hotel security, randomly selected at airports and subject of racial abuse due to 9/11 and whatever else that followed. We are better than that.

There are a lot of things that should not be done on paper, but is that followed? I don't think so it is, for this would not have happened if they had been followed. Listen, I might be from NE but I know south Indians well (some very good friends from there). They are generally more education-oriented, less violent and very polite people culturally. Don't like to get involved in fights and riots. If they are angry, there is a genuine reason. SL has been committing horrors on their people.

You're comparing MNS to Tamils' anger? Seriously man, what've you eaten today? SL are not a part of our country but the Tamils living there went centuries back when even SL didn't belong to Lankans under foreign rulers. Demolishing their temples and making Buddhist temples on them (this is a personal insult to our sentiments as Buddhists for we never advocate violence against mainstream Hinduism that has been our Guru), attacking and brutalizing unarmed Tamils... etc what madness is this?

I think you've got a very wrong concept of this conflict and for some strange reason you're comparing this to a gunda party's actions, even though this is an act of retaliation. Trust me, if Tamil people of south India are angry, there has to be a valid reason. We cannot just forget their insult and pain for the sake of political correctness.

That is an insult to our national spirit. I am not saying that attacking pilgrims is right, but if GOI takes no action to do anything, what would the common people vent their frustrations out on? Naturally it has to be directed somewhere. When this government has decided that it is here only to loot and plunder this country and do nothing for its people, naturally people will take politics into their hands.

I lived in Chennai for a year. You think North East is cutoff from the rest of India?? You need to visit this place. My simple point is why attack civilians? That makes us no better than goons. And TN is a state of India not the other way round. If the Indian govt. has provided SL citizens a visa to visit India,TN is supposed to honor it.

In my case Banglore replaced Chennai, for transit flights to other Indian city's. By the way Banglore airport better then Chennai airport.

Chennai airport is being modernized now and at present Chennai airport is bigger, In Bangalore there is no separation between the Domestic and international flights, Anyway FYI Bangalore has a sizable Tamil population, There are lot of Bangaloreans whose mother tongue is Tamil.

I lived in Chennai for a year. You think North East is cutoff from the rest of India?? You need to visit this place. My simple point is why attack civilians? That makes us no better than goons. And TN is a state of India not the other way round. If the Indian govt. has provided SL citizens a visa to visit India,TN is supposed to honor it.

Indian government also doesn't allow news of martyred soldiers illegally killed to spread around. Government of India also hoards billions in scams and there seems to be no end for all that to happen. GOI also does nothing to provide facilities in the NE if you didn't know. Only a Chinese threat gets them hot on heels before which they sleep and do jack about our place.

So we should honor all that? GOI is meant to protect the interests, respect the sentiments and understand the feelings of all Indians; if they don't do that, they are not worthy of respect.

As I said, political correctness stops here. Attacking pilgrims may not be right but with such government spinelessness, people have no other choice.

During the heights of violence in Australia, We canceled the Australia travel.... Right or wrong the a section of the Aussie's wants to hurt Indians.... SL did atrocities against the Tamils... First let them prove their seriousness in resolving all issues and let Tamils live peacefully in SL and stop attacking Rameshwaram fishermen, Everything will fall in its place.

Yes TN is a state of India, If you are a Punjabi... Will you be silent if the Punjabi's are killed in Canada? Tamils are very proud of their language and tradition.

Indian government also doesn't allow news of martyred soldiers illegally killed to spread around. Government of India also hoards billions in scams and there seems to be no end for all that to happen. GOI also does nothing to provide facilities in the NE if you didn't know. Only a Chinese threat gets them hot on heels before which they sleep and do jack about our place.

So we should honor all that? GOI is meant to protect the interests, respect the sentiments and understand the feelings of all Indians; if they don't do that, they are not worthy of respect.

As I said, political correctness stops here. Attacking pilgrims may not be right but with such government spinelessness, people have no other choice.

If the news is true looks like both Indian & Pakistan government suppressed it.The military spokesman did also tell the 3-4 people who ambushed the patrol were killed.

It's true that SLA did commit war crimes, so did the LTTE.Now it's time to for both side to reconcile.

There is no other side, the entire other side LTTE with most of its Tamil civilians are already doomed and are at the bottom of the East SL sea, which other side are you talking about. Rajapakshe is going by the law "Winner takes all the spoils"

Chennai airport is being modernized now and at present Chennai airport is bigger, In Bangalore there is no separation between the Domestic and international flights, Anyway FYI Bangalore has a sizable Tamil population.
Mate, shifted to Bangalore due to
Safety, even if you are going with your wife you will double check the safety. Same to me.

This same congress is also responsible for all the mess....they just sat and watched when the tamils were getting slaughtered in SL .....congrASS knows very well that tamils in TN care a lot about tamils in SL.....its the same case with tamil fishermen getting killed by SL navy ....yet it did nothing so we dont care about the corrupt congrASS ...they can give all the visas they want we dont care....they wont be able to do **** about lankans getting attacked in TN anyway .

So what do you advocate, let the Center(Congress) Do the dirty politics and we keep mum when my brothers and sisters are slaughtered and raped and that is telecast in C4 news. When i saw that footage, I wanted to kill Rajapakseha and his associates in a open road with no mercy,

Once again, what does a SL civilian have to do with what it's government does or does not do? We are behaving like the paranoid western world where every brown skinned person is double checked at hotel security, randomly selected at airports and subject of racial abuse due to 9/11 and whatever else that followed. We are better than that.

You are speaking very ideal, What if the migrated SL Tamil whose kin or kid was once raped/killed by a SL in the past... If they see a SL, Do you expect them to treat with respect.... Buddy I have SL Tamil friends who explained the atrocities done by the Sinhalese majority before the terrorist uprising.

Good for SL the terrorism is gone.. Now why cant SL can pass a law which have equal rights to Tamils? Let the Tamils live peacefully and let SL Navy stop troubling the TN Fishermen.... Time will heal all wounds.

Tamils are hurt to a larger or lesser degree... Let SL prove their seriousness... and let them send the tourists next... Afterall Tamils are also humans!

Well, what I have to say southern Indians are so sensitive, but I believe people from Kerala are moderate, I personally studying how Indian members views and how they respond to others when I read threads here, still didn't able to find member from Kerala though. Even in this thread you can see how they sensitive are, when someone too much sensitive to anything it's bring pain and anger to themselves, then they won't able to see anything new or accept anything beyond the things what they have sensitively believing. when Uncle talks with me about his trips to India he always tells Indians from North and upper middle areas are more good than other parts. what he had said about southern apart if you got into some trouble in southern states don't argue with them try to get out from there asap. :)

Well, what I have to say southern Indians are so sensitive, but I believe people from Kerala are moderate, I personally studying how Indian members views and how they respond to others when I read threads here, still didn't able to find member from Kerala though. Even in this thread you can see how they sensitive are, when someone too much sensitive to anything it's bring pain and anger to themselves, then they won't able to see anything new or accept anything beyond the things what they have sensitively believing. when Uncle talks with me about his trips to India he always tells Indians from North and upper middle areas are more good than other parts. why he had said about southern apart if you got into some trouble in southern states don't argue with them try to get out from there asap. :)

:cheesy:

Yup yup Yup...

^^ Go kill and rape a few thousand keralites if you dare and then you will see how "moderate " they are :lol:

Back
Top Bottom