What's new

Chennai police to hotels: Ban Lankans

As far as mob mentality goes I was referring to your own post.

FYI...Colombo Chennai return flight costs Rs.3500 and up. That's cheaper than any domestic flights within India.They are monks with limited resources visiting a country where their religion took birth. India has a centre in Chennai to welcome monks from SL, Thailand,Malaysia etc into India. Your logic applies to places like Africa. Chennai and TN are a civilized place and if we justify these actions we are justifying the presence of mob mentality (for ease of understanding a group of people who believe themselves to be moral police and upholders of values and willing to break the law to enforce their version of justice).

What I read on the local news paper they were catholic group, 2 of them had mentioned those TN people attacked them coz of Sinhala script on their T-shirts. (Name of that company)

why did they not visit the place in until 2010, when the war was going on, they new that if they would have come at that time hard core Tamil men would have parcelled their dead corpuse. why would they visit now? Let them settle their Tamils first and after 5 years of peace in the ISland nation they can come back. but not now when the emtions are running high

They have been always visiting buddy.

What I read on the local news paper they were catholic group, 2 of them had mentioned those TN people attacked them coz of Sinhala script on their T-shirts. (Name of that company)

This is new to me. That may explain the mob behaviour but that still does not justify the police action.

You indians need to grow up

ho ho, look who is talking, don't you know that Pakistan is being accused of being of the Epicenter of all the problems that the world is facing. Grow your country and its peoples values and then you can leacture others to Grow Up.

well, the Center is doing enough to support you, but you and your government is showing your middle finger to them, yet shamlessly the Manmohan government is showing its A** to tbe fu**ed up by SL Government.

You're trying to change topic again, I just ask about TN support!
My dear friend, you don't know the ground level situation in here. We are the people who experiencing it here.

why did they not visit the place in until 2010, when the war was going on, they new that if they would have come at that time hard core Tamil men would have parcelled their dead corpuse. why would they visit now? Let them settle their Tamils first and after 5 years of peace in the ISland nation they can come back. but not now when the emtions are running high

aww, you never heard before? amazing! Some shop keepers can speak Sinhala in those areas...!

You're trying to change topic again, I just ask about TN support!
My dear friend, you don't know the ground level situation in here. We are the people who experiencing it here.

I have met a lot of displaced SL Tamils in Chennai, none have praised the steps that your Goverment has taken, your Governments stance was every Tamil is LTTE, unless he/she is in support of what your Government think is correct. Is it not true. Until 1960 there was no upraising or terror activities in your nation. why did LTTE gained support. Did you late President Bandaranayaka Kumarathnga acted in the common interest of the people or did he acted so that one section of his country men and women were treated as second grade citizens.
if this is true then how are you expecting the Tamils to forget and forgive in the current times. Despite the sanctions we are asking the government to impose on you. if you do good to my brothers and sisters in your country, Tamils in TN are ready to forgive the SL past.

This is new to me. That may explain the mob behaviour but that still does not justify the police action.

is there catholic Church called velaikanni or something? That company is a trip organizing company to India, They have mentioned they canceled 2 trips so far.

TN is an enigma. Most people do not speak Hindi there and do not like to accept outsiders. Tamilians have a rich heritage and are a proud people but the culture is extremely different as compared to rest of India. Even politics is extremely different. Only 2 parties shuffle for power there (DMK and AIDMK) and they keep relying on the Tamil card.

This is utter stupidness.... Why Should Tamils speak Hindi? Have you ever visited Sowcarpet and Madurai? FYI there are many Rajastani's and Gujarathi's who became one among Tamils?

Have you ever visited Coimbatore and know how many Malayalees live there? Tamil civilization is 5000 years old. Do you think ADMK work because of SL Tamil cards? This is utter bull ****! You knew nothing about Taimils... or Tamil Nadu!

LOL...don't deny the actress point. People there want Manly, hairy actors with a mustache and a really fair petite woman. Fairness is in short supply down south.
I did see a lot of North Easterners, Tibetians and Burmese in Chennai. But they are all classified in the same bracket in Chennai,but you are right they seem comfortable there. I am a South India (Manglorean) born and brought up in Mumbai. I was classified as a North Indian and always had to pay Rs.30 more to Rickshaws or sit in a meeting with people only discussing in Tamil, or hear how all of civilization came from Tamilians :D. I was more comfortable and at home in Germany dude. But they do make really good and close friends.

This is a some what a racist remark... When I was working in Hyderabad, All the colleagues will speak only in Telugu and they speak about Andhra food... It happens at all places, If you want to mingle then atleast learn to listen.. Else no need to be there in that place.

Back
Top Bottom