What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

both prototype use different engines
possibly 1 is using al-31 or al-41 which are Russian made
2nd prototype use home made engine possibly ws-10s or ws-15
some western media reports said that either Russia or Israel could also help china in 5th generation project
because china cannot make composite material at industrial level

Sorry, the AL-41 engine doesn't exist at all, and China doesn't any need help from Russia.

both prototype use different engines
possibly 1 is using al-31 or al-41 which are Russian made
2nd prototype use home made engine possibly ws-10s or ws-15
some western media reports said that either Russia or Israel could also help china in 5th generation project
because china cannot make composite material at industrial level

Original Post By nomi007

Puh-leeez! Which "western media reports"? care to share the source? else I would say some bigger western media reports that you are BSting.

regarding composite material, or material sciences in general, both China's direct R&D for the past 2 decades and the actual PCT (patents) / scholarly quotations in this area are leagues ahead of Russia and Israel.

So China can't do it, but Russia and Israel obviously can according you?

Bullocks!

I am not exactly sure about Russia ( on its current statue of inherited residual assets from the Soviet era), but Israel ?!

Israel has been hyped way over the top by the world media that Zionists control.

"Israel's tech" is 2nd or 3rd hand US tech mostly - in forms of direct aids and indirect leaks.

With average IQ of 92, Israel itself is nothing, nothing, in big boy's game.

On most key sci-tech related to fundamental research areas, with comparable population size and far less (close to zero) US aids, Taiwan is a full league ahead of Israel in general, let alone Chinese maninland.

And "Israel hleps China to build it in industrial scale" ? :disagree:

IkmZU.jpg

J-20 Mighty Dragon with pixelated side-weapon bay

[Note: Thank you to Deino for the picture.]

j20 flew twice the day before yesterday

j20 sidebay opened

221042oy6c87otytqa6zac.jpg

I can't see any of the pictures, because photobucket states your "bandwidth exceeded."

Please use imgur.com (link: http://imgur.com/)

1. Click "Computer" button
2. Select picture from your computer's hard drive
3. Select link format

OR

1. Click "Web" button
2. Paste in web address of picture
3. Select link format

I can't see any of the pictures, because photobucket states your "bandwidth exceeded."

Please use imgur.com (link: imgur: the simple image sharer)

1. Click "Computer" button
2. Select picture from your computer's hard drive
3. Select link format

OR

1. Click "Web" button
2. Paste in web address of picture
3. Select link format

a4w6s.jpg

KBhbI.jpg

z1HrV.jpg

BZOpl.jpg

how about now?

To be honest, the side weapon bay is smaller than I thought it would be. My guess is that it can only house a single PL-9 each.

To be honest, the side weapon bay is smaller than I thought it would be. My guess is that it can only house a single PL-9 each.

Why do you need the side weapons bays to be so big? They are used for dog fighting IR missiles and they don't need to be so large.

Why do you need the side weapons bays to be so big? They are used for dog fighting IR missiles and they don't need to be so large.
In large aerial engagements, two PL-9 may not be enough. Since J-20 is quite a bit larger than F-22, I was hoping the bay can fit 2 each. It seems both planes are similar in terms of internal carriage, 6中2近.

Is the one with the silver nozzles the WS-10G(rumoured) .. or the one with the smaller black ones??

Back
Top Bottom