What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Your post would be perfectly legitimate if it was the first time. As I recall, between the original thread and this thread, my estimate is I've seen that exact same diagram and post about 7 to 10 times now. Come on, post something new.
Good...Perhaps the lessons will sink in. Do you think 2+2=4 changes from generation to generation?

Stop beating us over the head with your message of "information is incomplete and therefore we can draw no conclusions." No one is buying it. Surface, traveling, creeping, and other waves apply equally to the F-22 and J-20.
But not how they come off the bodies.

My posts have been attempts to contrast the known differences in the designs of the F-22, J-20, and F-35 to illuminate the issue of which one is stealthier and why.
And I have shown how the methodology is seriously flawed. Readers do notice that logic that if the methodology is flawed, so will be equally flawed the result.

Gambit's posts may be old and repetative but on the other hand
some members of this forum are too eager to accept that a given fighter (J-20 in this instance) is God's gift to man.

Just like how martian makes guesttimations on RCS and canard size of the plane (which are both extremely wrong) so does Gambit some times point the obvious.

Why do you have so hard a time seeing this?

RADAR waves are not made out of jelly beans, nor is RADAR detection something that works the way you see in movies.

to pick up an aircraft and detect its presence is one thing, to actually track it to produce a firing solution for a weapon is quite another.

to make a stealth plane is one thing, to make an all aspect stealth plane is quite another.

The US downplayed the ability of Russian L band systems to detect stealth aircraft, they did design the F22 however to have some stealth characteristics in the L band. I am sure they were playing it safe.

The J20 is a great achievement, is it stealthy ? yes, is it enough, we won't know until the day it'll surprise a western made system
Nope...Just works any way you can Photochop.

unlike that self proclaimed 'never wrong' gamebit```martian does admit his mistakes some times`

if someone never admits his mistakes and errors then there is no creditability at all....because technology, innovation and science is all about correcting past mistakes and errors`
If you want to prove me wrong, all you have to do is use keyword searches, which I always encourage people to do with my posts, and bring those sources TO THE PUBLIC so all can see where am I wrong. You cannot prove someone wrong just because you do not like that person or that you have a different opinion. Back in posts 306 and 345 I showed where APA had to admit their methodology was flawed and how decades of history, from the US to the Iranians, supported APA's own admittance. Why no J-20's supporters concede to that?

So if you want to prove me wrong, you need to show sources that said Physical Optics ALONE is sufficient for a complex body. That is a very reasonable request.

Pictures of the J-20 today. High speed taxi test:

eLLy5.jpg

ULmhS.jpg

fwg65.jpg

KZROd.jpg

杯具
Cup and Tea-things
楼上手快一步
Upstairs's hand is too fast

兄弟,你也有手慢的时候啊,同情中。。。。。。:D

actually
All the CAC wall climbing college kids party have been back home for their summer holiday:P

these pic must come from the CAC wall climbing worker party:azn:

Didn't 中南海保镖 say he is gonna return to Chengdu pretty soon?

actually
All the CAC wall climbing college kids party have been back home for their summer holiday:P

these pic must come from the CAC wall climbing worker party:azn:

okey``thats why havent heard anything about J-20 lately``

Mr AerospaceEngineer doesn't seem to know the basics of aircraft design.

No, I dont. I got my degree as Aerospace Engineering

But I am a control engineer working for Raytheon!!!

I dumped 80% of aerospace knowledge. I got my master degree in electrical engineer from Standford!!!

Never build a plane before!

Based on the RCS benchmarks from Global Security, I have consistently stated the following for the last six months:

Ranking of world stealth fighters:

1. F-22 0.0001 m2

2. J-20 0.005-0.0001 m2

3. F-35 0.005 m2

4. French Rafale 1 m2

5. Russian Pak-Fa (or T-50) 3 m26. F-16 5 m2

QUOTE]

Martian, keep up the good work.

I love how you post some thing and PtldM3 gets mad.

Keep this coming.

I do hope you know that none of those are official but interestingly enough Sukhoi did reveal the SU-47's RCS and it was 0.3 m2, so tell me with all of the experience from the SU-47 program how did Sukhoi manage to make an aircraft with a far worse RCS despite a superior design?

HAHAHA, SU-47 has 0.3 m2??

lol, if SU-47 has 0.3 m2 then you Russians will not bother to make Pka-Af. lol, every one know that SU-47 is just a demo!

No, I dont. I got my degree as Aerospace Engineering

But I am a control engineer working for Raytheon!!!

I dumped 80% of aerospace knowledge. I got my master degree in electrical engineer from Standford!!!

Never build a plane before!

Righttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom