What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

I think its there.. See the bottom of the news...
Anyways i am giving you again China
The source confirming this rumour, no matter how often cross quoted and falsely re-recited as actual news report, only jealous Indians projecting their centuries of incompetence against China, trough continued self delusion, would believe with no grain of doubt and desire for any sort of verification.
Not just another random website stating the rumour again, pointing only at even more recitations of the same rumour at best ending up on an Indian or Russian blog as usual.

PS. Private American Falun Gong websites posing as Chinese news outlets are not any more of a credible source to confirm "Chinese arms import deals" than say the Hindustantimes.

these problems have been haunting china for sometime.but still they have made great advances in their indegenous development.

Some Indian desperate to prove that China cannot make turbofans.

China already has the WS-10A in mass production and so they have a good base to build better engines like WS-15 now.

At the very least, when the J-20 is in service towards the end of the decade, it will be equipped with a WS-10X type engine which will still make it much better than 4th generation fighters by a wide margin.

State A:J-20A,induction 2015,Russian engines。
State B:J-20B,induction 2018-2020,WS-15。

State A:J-20A,induction 2015,Russian engines。
State B:J-20B,induction 2018-2020,WS-15。

But the question is
"Is Chinese 5th Gen plane happy with Current generation Russian engine ???"

Will it not sacrifice decent amount of stealth feature due to heat signature of non NG engines ???

Please Stay on topic as i already explained to you about china wont loose its stealth as it is Superior then the Pak-fa and f-35 even if it uses russian engines on low observation missions because of the weapons lay out and i know you wont stop because your a true troll

Gentlemen.. let me make this very clear..
IF I see demeaning references to a simple support for China by a Pakistani member I will throw the offending member out for a while.

The same goes for baseless posts about Russian equipment.

As for the topic.. Id ignore most of the speculation about the Su-35's need and the like except the engine part..
That is THE only area where China is lagging behind.

thankx bro and thats what i was saying that china j-20 wont loose stealth because of the weapons lay out and Radar Absorbant Airframe even if it uses Russian JEts

thankx bro and thats what i was saying that china j-20 wont loose stealth because of the weapons lay out and Radar Absorbant Airframe even if it uses Russian JEts

The J-20 will lose out on stealth if
1. Does extreme maneuvers that cause the canards to deflect enough to create e spike in RCS.
2. Stays with the non-stealthy exhaust.

At this point.. the canards offer both a benefit and a boon.
They provide better maneuverability for the delta at supersonic speeds... but in doing so will generate a RCS spike that will have it show up much earlier on radar.

@Oscar : appreciated.
Please answer post 8 wrt to cirr's post 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Indian desperate to prove that China cannot make turbofans.

China already has the WS-10A in mass production and so they have a good base to build better engines like WS-15 now.

At the very least, when the J-20 is in service towards the end of the decade, it will be equipped with a WS-10X type engine which will still make it much better than 4th generation fighters by a wide margin.

Two things.

1. Search for 'TBO of WS-10A Engines'.

2. J-10A crashes and reasons.

Then ping me again for further discussion and clarifications.

Back
Top Bottom