What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

i am new here , i just have one question " when pakistan is getting those birds ? can anyone give an exact year ?

Welcome, after reading and analysing all the discussions from senior members following are my assumptions

1. FC20 or relevent Not before 2015:hitwall:
2. J-31 or J-20 Not Before 2025:pissed:

No one will tell you the exact year.:) but dont worry AF planners are well aware about the future threats and requirement.
Just keep reading senior members.

Why J-11 ?

Because J-11

- is Available
-Provides range, payload and greater thrust over dense air of sea surface
- is affordable by PAF
- All integrated weapons would be available

J-20 is too young, and I am sure it hasn't flown over sea even once by now.J-20 will be very expensive for PAF/PN

Why J-11 ?

Because J-11

- is Available
- is affordable by PAF

J-20 is too young, and I am sure it hasn't flown over sea even once by now.J-20 will be very expensive for PAF/PN

Because J-11

- is Available
- is affordable by PAF

Because J-11

- is Available
- is affordable by PAF

I think we all should be clear that PN is quite happy with JF-17. And PAF-Naval wing would love to have 30 JF-17 Block-IIs and 30-35 JF-17 Block-IIIs in their fleet soon.

when pak is getting j-10s ? ? dont you think it been long time that this news was revealed ? ? plus i still dont see any news on Chinese submarines :hitwall:

OH! come on guys! stop this day dreamin! we don't have enough money to run our governmental organizations...and here u guys are talkin about j-10 j20 etc>?? except wastin time on this debate do something in real life to make ur country stand with other's ALLAH Bless Pakistan! :angel:

.. Beats Me???

or even better, how come jump to J-20 when we dont even have to dosh for J-10 yet? (response above)

Irfan Baloch,

A senior member now---surprised-----. I think you should apply for PDF VETERAN club :welcome:.

when pak is getting j-10s ? ? dont you think it been long time that this news was revealed ? ? plus i still dont see any news on Chinese submarines
Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...role-fighter-air-craft-461.html#ixzz2fJVYnmq8

@rockstar08:raise:
Yup Brother its almost decade old news but try to understand that PAF has limited resources and whenever they feel that time has come to counter Indian or any of their adversary’s move they will induct a platform according to their up-to-date requirement, it’s not like window shopping that you like a plane and get it it’s about long term planning and many other factors.

I think 50% is the same case with subs + only one sub is produced till to date for which Pakistan is interested which is still in quarantine/ under test + china is offering an old version but Pakistan is not interested in it.

Again i will request you to read senior members in relevant threads, Thanks to all the seniors for their input and knowledge sharing.
:coffee:

when pak is getting j-10s ? ? dont you think it been long time that this news was revealed ? ? plus i still dont see any news on Chinese submarines :hitwall:

The deadline is 2014-15, don't be so impatient. They're still developing J-10B, so it may take a while. This is going to happen, just give it time.

The deadline is 2014-15, don't be so impatient. They're still developing J-10B, so it may take a while. This is going to happen, just give it time.

How you are so sure ?
In the last Zuhai Airshow on of our high ranked PAF official spoken to Chinese media and told they they are not considering to induct J-10 at the moment and there are no plans either. Its very much like "OFF THE TABLE" and you are here giving deadlines about the induction. lol
We got no money and the only case where we can see J-10 becoming a part of PAF is when India will finalise MMRCA, which is also uncertain. So get real, and stop daydreaming.

I think we all should be clear that PN is quite happy with JF-17. And PAF-Naval wing would love to have 30 JF-17 Block-IIs and 30-35 JF-17 Block-IIIs in their fleet soon.

The strongest case for a twin-engined behemoth for Pakistan is for protecting our airspace over the sea so that we do not allow enemy to disrupt our sea-lanes or intrude over our coast. JF-17 can not hope to match SU-27 and its derivatives in range, payload, and some other metrics. It just does not have the staying power. PN is so stressed that they would be happy with JF-17 for now. But I guarantee that they would be happier with Sukhois.

But the real question is whether Russia would allow China to export SU-27 derivatives to Pakistan? Their legitimate concerns can not be ignored for multiple reasons. So I suppose that for near to mid-term future PN would have to be 'happy' with JF-17.

Sorry to post this in J-10/FC-20 thread, but this issue comes up occasionally and it is important to post a reminder that there are serious problems with us getting any Sukhoi derivatives, and that JF-17 is not a magic bullet for every scenario, especially Naval.

The strongest case for a twin-engined behemoth for Pakistan is for protecting our airspace over the sea so that we do not allow enemy to disrupt our sea-lanes or intrude over our coast. JF-17 can not hope to match SU-27 and its derivatives in range, payload, and some other metrics. It just does not have the staying power. PN is so stressed that they would be happy with JF-17 for now. But I guarantee that they would be happier with Sukhois.

But the real question is whether Russia would allow China to export SU-27 derivatives to Pakistan? Their legitimate concerns can not be ignored for multiple reasons. So I suppose that for near to mid-term future PN would have to be 'happy' with JF-17.

Currently they are Happy with Mirage-Vs which is a single one... and will be happy with JF-17s

Currently they are Happy with Mirage-Vs which is a single one... and will be happy with JF-17s

This is J-10/FC-20 thread. If you were to take this discussion else-where more appropriate, I would be happy to respond with some relevant questions.

can somebody tell me that Jf-17 and F-16 C/D block are 4th Gen air craft or 3rd ? ?
and what about chengdu j-10b ? world is going for 5th gen stealth planes we are using old tech :frown:

How you are so sure ?
In the last Zuhai Airshow on of our high ranked PAF official spoken to Chinese media and told they they are not considering to induct J-10 at the moment and there are no plans either. Its very much like "OFF THE TABLE" and you are here giving deadlines about the induction. lol
We got no money and the only case where we can see J-10 becoming a part of PAF is when India will finalise MMRCA, which is also uncertain. So get real, and stop daydreaming.

yeah i agree with you.. its been long we are only listening about weapons inducting by pak army , navy and airforce but nothing new is inducted in last few years :(
i.e : chinese subs , tipu (icbm) , Gauri and shaheen with better range , chengdu j-10b, even we still dont have babur II :(

how you guys think to counter mighty indian inventory ? i think we are only lions on paper and words .. and some of peoples like imran khan thinks we should destroy USA drones and go for war with USA :cuckoo:

Back
Top Bottom