What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

What i ve read about 4.5++ on different forums is that this configuration is really closed to a fifth generation fighter with 4.5++ configuration.....IMHO the only thing left out is stealth design like raptor......At current MKI, SH ,Strike Eagles,Grippen and Viper D, Alongwith Mig-29 OVT,SU-30,J-11 and J-10B can be considered 4.5 Gen Aircrafts where as Grippen NG, Typhoon, Rafale, are 4.5++ and Desert falcons,SU-35 and Mig-35 can be considered 4.5+ class Aircraft.....feel free to disagree

the same hold true for 4.5 generation over all..
it is just thatif a plane have beter engine, AESA radar, and all that stuff that pakSaheen mentioned better then the other one we give it a " + " making it 4.5+. nothing theoratical i guess..

regards!

spot on friend!!
it is just a way to differ beteen a good 4.5 generation plane and an average 4.5 generation plane. it is nothing theoratical. as far as i get it both these have the same specs, the ones you mentioned earlier, the difference is how good are there systems and this makes people call them 4.5, 4.5+ or 4.5++ and so on...
i agree with the spec you mentioned for 4.5 in gernal!

regards!

:) It will again lead to VS debate among 4.5 Gen fighters to be qualified as 4.5++. Apart from Range of weapons nothing can be said 100% on any other specs. Even US companies never reveal true range of their radars..so it becomes pretty difficult to compare two 4.5 gen fighters on paper to declare one of them as 4.5++.

Any new news on the fc-20 ? haven't heard anything in a while nor any new pic's!

Any new news on the fc-20 ? haven't heard anything in a while nor any new pic's!

Ahhhh.... I think we must seek news for Thunders before we look for an update on FC-20 as its time line is far from now.

BTW, Only god knows what FC-20 actually would be. J-10A with advanced avionics, J-10B or upgraded J-10B?

:) It will again lead to VS debate among 4.5 Gen fighters to be qualified as 4.5++. Apart from Range of weapons nothing can be said 100% on any other specs. Even US companies never reveal true range of their radars..so it becomes pretty difficult to compare two 4.5 gen fighters on paper to declare one of them as 4.5++.

yes and that is why i suggest that it is not a god idea to make such categories. let them be the 4 and the 4.5 generation and avvoid the + / - signs,,,:lol:

regards!

Some More Pics of J-10B
----------------------------
c9cdb50d3f5a056679297b8cb779ebe4.jpg

its is still in testing phase.....It will take about 2 Years that we start hearing about it on regularbases

its is still in testing phase.....It will take about 2 Years that we start hearing about it on regularbases

true indeed,, the FC20 plane will take some time before it come into lime light.. specially if we take the rumors about the AESA radar, TV engine and probably the SC ability to be true then there is some work to be done yet.

regards!

true indeed,, the FC20 plane will take some time before it come into lime light.. specially if we take the rumors about the AESA radar, TV engine and probably the SC ability to be true then there is some work to be done yet.

regards!

Yes TV engine is on the cards and FC-20 will probably have WS-10A and later blocks to have new gen WS-15. But given the AESA, the weight will significantly increase and given the single engine design, realistically I don't see FC-20 coming with SC not until twin engine configuration emerges such as rumored Super-10.

Back
Top Bottom