What's new

Change of Capital (back to Karachi)

Should Capital of Pakistan be shifted?

• back to Karachi

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • A new city away from Pindi (new Islamabad)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • keep Islamabad as capital city

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters
Is that your great reason for moving the capital? Brilliant
It's a perception here in Pakistan but it explains why the Balochis feel isolated.
"Islamabad mein sirf MNA's hote hai wo bhi sirf Punjabi"
That's the sentiment and that's why the isolation doesn't help that feeling much

What can be a bolder step than moving GHQ they were most responsible for hurting Baluch sentiments , moving there they can sit down and sort out the grievances also security situation will automatically improve. Civilians can further move the capital to Gwadar or conduct any good will gesture to make baluchis a part of pakistan once again

The problem lies with the cantonments in Balochsitan that led Musharraf to kill Nawab Akbar Bughti...that problem is still there...and probably some of the suggested cantonments are dropped... even the people of Swat are not happy with the development of Cantonment there.... so realistically this is not possible right now to shift GHQ to Balochistan, until the forces are subject to law of Pakistan and that Balochistan forgotten its scares...

Actually, anyone who's ever been to Islamabad will say that it's an unnatural place. After 8 pm, everything closes and the streets are deserted. That's not what a capital should be like.

i think u haven't been to islamabad lately. its population has increase specially with security and unemployment in KPK, thousands have moved to islamabad and also private businesses have also moved to the capital because of number of issues in karachi and lahore.

i think u haven't been to islamabad lately. its population has increase specially with security and unemployment in KPK, thousands have moved to islamabad and also private businesses have also moved to the capital because of number of issues in karachi and lahore.
Yes Islamabad which used to look deserted back in 90 and early 2000 now is full of life at night.

BTW nice signature, fully agree with the order of preference :)

Move the capital to Karachi so Altaf Bhai and Gang can hijack the whole country instead of just one city and the port..good going there..i am sure Altaf and Imran after being divorced are both enjoying night together under one sheet

Baluchistan is a better place to have a capital as it is the largest by landmass and will also help rectify the minority vs majority sentiments. And there is huge potential of establishing defence industries in Baluchistan due to it proximity with sea port and massive land mass.

Karachi is most important city of Pakistan, a business hub and definitely life line for Pakistan hut can never be suitable for capital, islamabad is small and modernely developing city ideal for capital and from defence point of view also more safe, rather Karachi became crime capital of whole world unfortunately, few years back a foreign imig officer at some far away even mention it to me which i wasnt comfortable

There is strategic reason to keep capital in center of country not shoreline. Islamabad is a clean modern posh city and most appropriate to be a capital.

This damn courpt gov has lost its damn mind... ISB should stay the capital KHI will stay the hub for running the country as it has been.

Islamabad is perfectly for being capital city. Many years and huge finances (public & private) have been spent to bring it up as it is today. This is the city specially developed to be capital. As far as its proximity to GHQ is concerned, it's offices will be there in capital after all Navy and PAF have already shifted to Islamabad, so I don't feel any weight in this argument.

Islamabad is perfectly for being capital city. Many years and huge finances (public & private) have been spent to bring it up as it is today. This is the city specially developed to be capital. As far as its proximity to GHQ is concerned, it's offices will be there in capital after all Navy and PAF have already shifted to Islamabad, so I don't feel any weight in this argument.

exactly the reason to shift the capital. secondly the clustering up at one place of three forces itself is not a good idea anyway... let alone that very same place has our civil government and supreme court.

Move the capital to Karachi so Altaf Bhai and Gang can hijack the whole country instead of just one city and the port..good going there..i am sure Altaf and Imran after being divorced are both enjoying night together under one sheet

Baluchistan is a better place to have a capital as it is the largest by landmass and will also help rectify the minority vs majority sentiments. And there is huge potential of establishing defence industries in Baluchistan due to it proximity with sea port and massive land mass.

Not a good reason to determine a capital's location. It's not the capitals job to rectify such sentiment rather it is whole of society. Also Quetta doesn't have the proper modern infrastructure to be worthy of the capital.

We'll consider that.
Speaking of which, Delhi isn't too far away either, move to Assam for similar reasons.

That's what it SHOULD be like, if you've ever been to England, everything there closes at sundown as well, except for the night life.

That's not how it should be necessarily, Washington DC for example is a very lively city at night, trust me I know.

It's a perception here in Pakistan but it explains why the Balochis feel isolated.
That's the sentiment and that's why the isolation doesn't help that feeling much

Going by that logic, we should have a Federal Capital in every province? Then what's stopping us from having us in every city? Every street? Every house can have a 'Capital Room'.

Not a good reason to determine a capital's location. It's not the capitals job to rectify such sentiment rather it is whole of society. Also Quetta doesn't have the proper modern infrastructure to be worthy of the capital.

That's not how it should be necessarily, Washington DC for example is a very lively city at night, trust me I know.

The American way of life is much different from their European counterparts. I'd say I prefer the latter.

Keep Islamabad as the capital city. It's the most organized city in Pakistan and the only one with a "capital" feel about it. Changing the capital to Karachi at this stage would be like the USA changing their capital to New York in the 1930s or 40s - would make no sense at all.

Umm Isloo has a Pakhtun majority if i recall correctly

There seems to be some confusion on what is the purpose of a capital.

- It is NOT supposed to be a lively party city -- whether it is or not shouldn't matter either way. The politicians are there to do a job; most of them have more than enough money to charter a private flight to the party city of their choice on weekends.

- It is NOT supposed to affect the location of industry and business -- Canberra (Aus) and Berne (Switz) are capitals whose only purpose is to house the government. Businesses can go where tax incentives and resources (human, material) are located.

- It is NOT dictated by insecurity -- we should not hide away our capital so it is farthest from India. What does that say about our confidence in our defence forces?

Finally, moving the capital to Quetta will have exactly the opposite effect. Rather than include the Baluchis into government, it will move rich Punjabis and Sindhis over there, who will buy out all the choice real estate, leaving the local Baluchis practically homeless in their own backyard. The thought is good, but we all know how the reality will pan out.

Back
Top Bottom