What's new

Cecil Chaudhary in ICU, has passed away

Just received an email from Michelle Chaudhry ( Cecil chaudhry's Daughter ) . She informs me that her father has slipped into coma due to oxygen deficiency and she is asking all well wishers to kindly pray for her dad. Let's hope and pray Cecil pulls through this one.

Very sad to know. May Allah ease his difficulty and grant him health.

Just received an email from Michelle Chaudhry ( Cecil chaudhry's Daughter ) . She informs me that her father has slipped into coma due to oxygen deficiency and she is asking all well wishers to kindly pray for her dad. Let's hope and pray Cecil pulls through this one.

No---it is time to go---may Allah make it easy on him---and take him to a better place.

May your last flight into the wild blue yonder be smooth all the way, Sir. Godspeed!

"A warrior considers himself already dead, so there is nothing to lose. The worst has already happened to him, therefore he's clear and calm; judging him by his acts or by his words, one would never suspect that he has witnessed everything." - Carlos Castaneda

Just saw a breaking news that the hero has departed. May Allah forgive his sins and rest the departed soul in eternal peace
:pakistan:

May he rest in eternal peace.

:salute: to a great warrior.

364039-CecilChaudhryphotofile-1334265855-694-640x480.JPG

Flight Lieutenant Cecil Chaudhry
Sitara-i-Juraat

On 6th September, 1965, Flight Lieutenant Cecil Chaudhry was No. 2 in a fligth of 3 F-86 aircraft led by Squadron Leader Rafiqui. Their target was Halwara airfield of the Indian Air Force. This formation of 3 F-86s was intercepted by 10 Hunter aircraft of the Indian Air Force. During the engagement, the leader's guns stopped firing and he handed over the lead to Flight Lieutenant Cecil Chaudhry, who very ably and aggressively continued the fight against heavy odds. About 60 miles inside enemy territory, he destroyed two enemy Hunter aircraft with his gun attack. His courage and professional ability in such adverse circumstances was outstanding and he successfully managed to return to base after having lost contact with other members of the formation. On 15th September, 1965, in spite of insufficient information from Ground Radar, Flight Lieutenant Cecil Chaudhry pursued his attack aggressively on enemy bombers and chased them 150 miles from his base. During the engagement, he destroyed one enemy Canberra bomber.The services rendered by him were beyond the call of normal duty and contributed a significant share towards Pakistan Air Force achieving air superiority. For these acts of courage, dedication and professional ability, Flight Lieutenant Cecil Chaudhry was awarded Sitara-i-Juraat.
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

War Veteran Group Captain (Retd) Cecil Choudry is no more with us....!

Very Sad News. He flew long and he flew well. Now he is back in his home base with his maker.

"For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen"
O Lord, accept thy worthy son again in your care.

RIP Cecil Chaudhry. Adieu.

:pakistan:

Cecil was schooled at St Anthony’s High School and is an alumnus of the Forman’s Christian College. He joined the Pakistan Air Force Academy in 1958, where he studied aeronautics and mechanical engineering. It was as a pilot that Chaudhry developed his legacy as national hero for several flight missions including the 1965 and 1971 wars for which he received a Sitara-e-Jurat and Tamgha-e-Jurat.
Following his decorated career in the air force, Chaudhry developed a reputation for his work as an educationist and an outspoken activist.
He served as the principal of St Anthony’s High School in Lahore and St Mary’s Academy Lalazar, Rawalpindi.
Legacy
“He struggled for the rights of minorities and women,” said retired Brigadier-General Samson Simon Sharaf, who was close to Chaudhry and present at the hospital. “He was a great fan of Quaid-e-Azam’s ideals and was critical of the Objectives Resolution [of 1949].”
Executive director of the National Commission for Justice and Peace (NCJP), Peter Jacob, worked closely with Chaudhry and said he actively worked in various capacities to promote a better Pakistan.
He was seen as a mentor of the late minorities’ affairs minister Shahbaz Bhatti and was part of the All-Pakistan Minorities Alliance.
“He would tell us that he had fought two wars for the country, but was willing to fight 100 wars against extremism,” Jacob said.
“For the Christian youth, he was a hero,” he added.
Published in The Express Tribune, April 13th, 2012.

Here I disagree he was everybody's hero

Inna Lilahi wa Inna Ilahi Rajion.

His duties to Pakistan Air Force and to Pakistani land will always be remembered with honor.

another noble soul has departed. may he find peace by the success of the endeavors he initiated in Pakistan.
My condolences to his family.

another noble soul has departed. may he find peace by the success of the endeavors he initiated in Pakistan.
My condolences to his family.

Actually, one of his cousins was named Noble.

Back
Top Bottom