What's new

CCS Clears Four Follow-On Kolkata-Class Destroyers!!

What is the status of 15A, when is the commissioning expected.

Well the first ship is undergoing weapon trials and is expected to be inducted later this year , the second and third ship of this class were launched in 2009-10 , hence they could be delivered by 2012-13

By that ambitious timeline, if the order is placed on MDL by end-2009, the first 15-B destroyer would be commissioned in mid-2015.
So we are again late... :) Nobody noticed ??// Now we entered in 2011 and as far as i know, the work on P15B has not started yet...God help us...
We should seriously think about expanding our shipyard infrastructure. Its clear MDL is a very incompetent organization, we should seriously think about increasing capability of GRSE and Cochin shipyard to the levels of MDL as they are better in providing results. Each and every project is delayed by MDL and not to mention the billions of dollars lost because of this.
Please for the sake of our country shift some of the projects from MDL to other shipyards, MDL has too many projects in its basket and many are dew in the future. So, if we don't wanna delay all projects by 3-5 years and also suffer losses in billions of $ , then we should seriously consider transferring the projects to other shipyards.
MDL is getting P15B, P17A, P75I also. Seriously man, i don't see the future for these projects...even those amphibious warship project might also go to MDL.
All crucial projects, all involve great amount of spending and all will face huge loss of money and delays in in time.

P-15A_Kolkata_class_construction.JPG

800px-P-15A_Kolkata_class_hull_unit.jpg

Whats this? Recent picture or old picture? Its in Mazagon Dock..

Indian navy is steaming through man..

:rofl::rofl:

If congress comes to power then there are no such issues! We know how it will be...

Aircraft Carriers

Named after the big daddies.

IAC-2------------------- INS JAWAHAR.

IAC-3------------------- INS INDIRA.

Destroyers

Next in the sequence.
INS RAJIV, SANJAY, SONIYA,

Frigates

INS RAHUL, PRIYANKA, ROBERT.

Corvettes

INS RAIHAN, MIRAYA ,----------- (space left for Rahul Gandhi to fill)

Submarines,

Named after those congressis who stealthily remained in the background and delivered good punch!

INS PRANAB, MANMOHAN, PALANIAPPAN (CHIDAMBARAM):azn:

OPVs

One for every disgruntled ally.

INS SHARAD PAWAR, MAMTA, LALU!:cheers:

Target Drones,

ATAL, NITISH, NARENDRA:woot:

then target drone and navy ship will fight with each other rather than fighting with enemy...lol

Well the first ship is undergoing weapon trials and is expected to be inducted later this year , the second and third ship of this class were launched in 2009-10 , hence they could be delivered by 2012-13

Any Pics of it during sea trails?

:rofl::rofl:

If congress comes to power then there are no such issues! We know how it will be...

Aircraft Carriers

Named after the big daddies.

IAC-2------------------- INS JAWAHAR.

IAC-3------------------- INS INDIRA.

Destroyers

Next in the sequence.
INS RAJIV, SANJAY, SONIYA,

Frigates

INS RAHUL, PRIYANKA, ROBERT.

Corvettes

INS RAIHAN, MIRAYA ,----------- (space left for Rahul Gandhi to fill)

Submarines,

Named after those congressis who stealthily remained in the background and delivered good punch!

INS PRANAB, MANMOHAN, PALANIAPPAN (CHIDAMBARAM):azn:

OPVs

One for every disgruntled ally.

INS SHARAD PAWAR, MAMTA, LALU!:cheers:

Target Drones,

ATAL, NITISH, NARENDRA:woot:
lol.. funny...

Good Going IN.. and i agree with angeldemon.. We should expand our Shipyard infrastructure....

Good Going IN.. and i agree with angeldemon.. We should expand our Shipyard infrastructure....

totally agreed. its important to bring in private players to speed up the process of ship building.

does anyone know that india exports 75% of its indigenously manufactured ships. we have the capability wat we need is govt support to private ship builders. we can make a start by giving order for light patrol vessels and then gradually build upp from there.

Like I said working on and having it are two vey different things.....Anyway modular stealth designs are many used for the ease of manufacturing right?

We already have stealth features on our Shivalik class frigates as of now

The term blue-water navy is a colloquialism used to describe a maritime force capable of operating across the deep waters of open oceans. When our aircraft carrier arrives alongside Nerpa we will have a true blue navy

The term blue-water navy is a colloquialism used to describe a maritime force capable of operating across the deep waters of open oceans. When our aircraft carrier arrives alongside Nerpa we will have a true blue navy

India effectively already operates a blue-water navy, the IN sends regular expeditionary fleets all around the world. Along with existing assets recently inducted two of the biggest fleet tankers in the world.

India effectively already operates a blue-water navy, the IN sends regular expeditionary fleets all around the world. Along with existing assets recently inducted two of the biggest fleet tankers in the world.

Yep those Italian tankers are first class i must say :tup:

Back
Top Bottom