What's new

CCS Clears Four Follow-On Kolkata-Class Destroyers!!

:agree:

Most possible it will be Bangalore class. Other three cities may be any three of Hyderabad, Pune, Guwahati, Srinagar, Chandigarh, Bhuaeswar, Amrtisar, Jaipur, Allahabad.
Considering these will be most advanced and modern, which Bangalore is, I am not surprised!! :lol:

Guys , the ships are expected to be inducted in 2017-18 , why are we so interested in naming them now
Who knows , if BJP comes to power in 2014 then it might decide to name them after capitals of there ruled states like , Ahmedabad , Bhopal , Banglore or if some Right wing people insist , they could even be named after Ayodhya , Varanasi , Kashi

Found this link about Naming conventions in the IN which was of considerable interest.

Indian Navy Ship Names

Guys , the ships are expected to be inducted in 2017-18 , why are we so interested in naming them now
Who knows , if BJP comes to power in 2014 then it might decide to name them after capitals of there ruled states like , Ahmedabad , Bhopal , Banglore or if some Right wing people insist , they could even be named after Ayodhya , Varanasi , Kashi

And if it is Congress then it will be Jawaharlal class or Rajiv Gandhi class :lol:

Last edited:
Found this one which was of considerable interest.

Indian Navy Ship Names

And if it is Congress then it will be Jawaharlal class or Rajiv Gandhi class :lol:
lalu_fodder_caricature_20070820.jpg

DIGVIJAY CLASS ,LALU CLASS AND RAJA CLASS DESTROYER ALL ARE CLASS APART :cheesy::cheesy:....OOPS RAJA CLASS is cancelled now.plz replace it with AMAR SINGH /DESMUKH CLASS
Cartoon.jpg

Last edited:

:rofl::rofl:

If congress comes to power then there are no such issues! We know how it will be...

Aircraft Carriers

Named after the big daddies.

IAC-2------------------- INS JAWAHAR.

IAC-3------------------- INS INDIRA.

Destroyers

Next in the sequence.
INS RAJIV, SANJAY, SONIYA,

Frigates

INS RAHUL, PRIYANKA, ROBERT.

Corvettes

INS RAIHAN, MIRAYA ,----------- (space left for Rahul Gandhi to fill)

Submarines,

Named after those congressis who stealthily remained in the background and delivered good punch!

INS PRANAB, MANMOHAN, PALANIAPPAN (CHIDAMBARAM):azn:

OPVs

One for every disgruntled ally.

INS SHARAD PAWAR, MAMTA, LALU!:cheers:

Target Drones,

ATAL, NITISH, NARENDRA:woot:

:rofl::rofl:

If congress comes to power then there are no such issues! We know how it will be...

Aircraft Carriers

Named after the big daddies.

IAC-2------------------- INS JAWAHAR.

IAC-3------------------- INS INDIRA.

Destroyers

Next in the sequence.
INS RAJIV, SANJAY, SONIYA,

Frigates

INS RAHUL, PRIYANKA, ROBERT.

Corvettes

INS RAIHAN, MIRAYA ,----------- (space left for Rahul Gandhi to fill)

Submarines,

Named after those congressis who stealthily remained in the background and delivered good punch!

INS PRANAB, MANMOHAN, PALANIAPPAN (CHIDAMBARAM):azn:

OPVs

One for every disgruntled ally.

INS SHARAD PAWAR, MAMTA, LALU!:cheers:

Target Drones,

ATAL, NITISH, NARENDRA:woot:

hahahaha OMG!! :lol:lol: i love target drones part..

May be Bangalore Class??? :cheers:

Well ,most of the R&D is done in Bangalore
Bangalore is IT Capital & R&D center of India...
But there is no Bangalore class destroyer.....

I want Bangalore class ships to be the most advanced in indian navy fleet..
If they ever think of Bangalore class...

The Russians are buying Mistral-class amphibious warships not destroyers.

We already are working on modular stealth designs of our own and if you think these will be obsolete you do not know much about defence matters.

21slid1.jpg

Like I said working on and having it are two vey different things.....Anyway modular stealth designs are many used for the ease of manufacturing right?

Like I said working on and having it are two vey different things.....Anyway modular stealth designs are many used for the ease of manufacturing right?
Is there anything called 'modular ship design'?

We are not working on it but we have it. India's first aircraft carrier being built with modular construction technique.

If you talk about stealth our P-17 and P-15A ships are good enough. But much stealthier P-28 and P-17As are coming.

Check out advanced stealth vessels from the French fleet and you'll see the huge difference.
Are you talking about Horizon, La Fayette and FREMM? P-15A would be better than than Horizon in terms of stealth. LF and FREMM might be stealthier than P-17 but India seeking something better for P-17A. Next batch of P-28 will be equal to LF.

India needs to gear up for the future not the resent otherwise its equipment will be obsolete before you can use it.
I have said that we are going for enough stealth and they are as good as latest French ships. A new design based on FREMM or something new will be there for P-17A. DCNS already joined hand with GRSE to win the bid for P-17A.

Sorry for the mistake, I mean what is 'modular stealth design'? I know about modular ship building.

Not all our yards have it. Only the Kochi yard has it and IN plans to introduce it in GRSE and MDL for faster building of Destroyers and Frigates.
That mean we have the technology. If we can build carrier with that we can build destroyers and frigates.

Back
Top Bottom