What's new

Can China legally prevent Japan of using Kanji in their culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you can't legally prevent people, many cultures uses writing system or culture inspired by other.

No, most Chinese can't read Japanese but we all understand HanZi.
By reading Kanji in Japanese words, ppl could have rough ideas of what's mean in Japanese or guest the meaning of sentence.

For me, Kanji is GOOD! At least i can read some Japanese news.

good.
we given up to use Han zi from long time. To day chinese can ask about copy right.

@Chinese-Dragon Good points buddy. Totally agree with you on this. They are at least mentioning Chinese linkage. How can we ban something like language or characters ? What if West bans English ? I won't be able to communicate with you all unless I learn Chinese or you all learn Hindi. :D

How will we all fight ? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This been long time the question I would like to ask to all Chinese Brothers and Sisters, is that legally possible according to International law? I would rather like to see them to use their own writting like Korean instead of mix kanji with other japanese words such 驚いた彼は道を走っていった...忍者

Seeing as no one has answered this outright... no, it is not legally possible according to International law, nor is it enforceable in any capacity short of genocide. What you would like to see them write has no legal or moral merit.

Even Vietnamese used the basic of characters of Latin alphabets as westerner nations, but their combinaison of characters created different meaning but Japanese not only copy the integral Kanji but also the meaning...if i'm not wrong.

My basic question is still...can we force them to give up Kanji...do we have the right?

As far as I know, Chinese knows more than 100,000 characters, while Latin alphabet comes with 30. It´s obviuosly what language is more difficult to learn.

To answer the question: No, you have no legal basis to force Japan to give up Kanji.

The problem is Japanese Language can't work without Kanji. A Japanese friend told me that.

@Chinese-Dragon Good points buddy. Totally agree with you on this. They are at least mentioning Chinese linkage. How can we ban something like language or characters ? What if West bans English ? I won't be able to communicate with you all unless I learn Chinese or you all learn Hindi. :D

How will we all fight ? :D
Hindi is really difficult to learn, especially the writing.

your franch master forced you to do so, never expecting primitive people to invent their writing systems
two of your writing systems were created by Chinese and Franch
Vietcong don't have their own writing language.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, and Asians should be legaly forbidden to use Latin text or English.

Vietcong don't have their own writing language.

Actually we had our own writing characters before the Han´s invaded ancient Vietnam in 111 BC and forced all Viets to become Han´s, adopting Chinese cultures, including Chinese writing characters.

The current Vietnamese writing characters were invented by Portuguese Christian missionaries and French Jesuit Alexandre de Rhodes working in the 1600-1700 centuries in Vietnam. The Vietnamese Emperor Khải Định ordered to make it as official writing characters during his reign of 1900s.

431px-%E8%B6%8A%E5%8D%97%E9%98%AE%E6%9C%9D%E5%BC%98%E5%AE%97%E5%AE%A3%E7%9A%87%E5%B8%9D%E9%98%AE%E7%A6%8F%E6%98%B6%EF%BC%88%E5%90%AF%E5%AE%9A1916%E5%B9%B4%E2%80%941925%E5%B9%B4%EF%BC%8931%E5%B2%81%E7%99%BB%E5%9F%BA%E6%97%B6%E7%9A%84%E5%86%95%E6%9C%8D%E7%85%A7%E7%89%87%EF%BC%881916%E5%B9%B4%EF%BC%89.jpg

Emperor Khải Định (reign 18 May 1916 – 6 November 1925)

It is quite an unanimous agreement that the issue proposed by the OP is futile.

The japanese has adopted many many Chinese culture as their own: their clothing (kimono), paper folding (origami),flower arrangement (ikibana); their traditional music ( played by biwa (Chinese pipa); koto ( Our zheng, qin)); their food and drinks (soysauce, doufu, noodles, shabu shabu ( hot-pot); fermented bean paste, tea , rice wine ...); and in philosophy (Confucianism, Taoism); festivals (tanabata ( Our 七夕 qixi), tsukimi (mid autumn)...), are all originated from our culture.

Japan has to re-invent itself if all the Chinese related culture are removed from their fabrics, starting with Kanji.

Then it is time to give up using chopsticks as well. :coffee:

Chopstcks invented by Bai Yue where is bamboo is available, Hans chinese eat dumplings with hands.

your franch master forced you to do so, never expecting primitive people to invent their writing systems
two of your writing systems were created by Chinese and Franch

Portugal missionaries did it with help of Vietnamese Christian pops from 16th century. The intonation marks is based on ancient Vietnamese character " Chữ Khoa đẩu" invented by Viets. The copy right of Vietnamese Latin Alphabet should belong to Vatican.

Ancient Vietnamese Characters in comparation with neigbor country writing system.

21.jpg

Fundamental voices.
20771652_images1512517_chuViet14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom